U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2014, 08:14 PM

18,376 posts, read 11,801,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
BOS2IAD, No pol who loses 3 in 4 Latino votes, for any reason, should wonder why they lost the overall election.

Only an idiot ignites the furor of the fastest-growing demographic group.
Only reason why Latino/Hispanic demographic is growing comes from several reasons; illegal immigration, birth rates, and circular immigration (new citizens and or illegals sending for family). If White/Europeans could simply walk across the border and set up house on this soil things probably would be different.

Due to changes in the immigration law via the Ted Kennedy bill the focus of that process was shifted from Europe to Latin America and Asia. Ted Kennedy and supporters of that bill swore up and down it would *NOT* change the complexion of the USA. They lied. Indeed so dire and fast was the change that Kennedy himself had to get a special immigration bill passed for Ireland because his people (the Irish) were complaining how difficult it became to get to the USA.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:30 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,334,860 times
Quote:
BOS2IAD, No pol who loses 3 in 4 Latino votes, for any reason, should wonder why they lost the overall election.

Only an idiot ignites the furor of the fastest-growing demographic group.
Most of us don't care in 2014. IF the Dems would start acting like Dems should, meaning them taking care of Americans who are hurting, they'd be NO amnesty. Period.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:40 PM

11,577 posts, read 5,555,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Most of us don't care in 2014. IF the Dems would start acting like Dems should, meaning them taking care of Americans who are hurting, they'd be NO amnesty. Period.
Exactly right!

I don't know when and/or why dems lost their way but as I've said before---they used to look out for the poor, working and middle classes. They never would have tolerated illegal immigration because they knew how much it hurt their constituents. Today, the only dems that get it are the bluedogs. Too bad we don't have more bluedogs in office.

Still, if the dems insist on putting illegals ahead of Americans, the republicans would be wise to seize the moment and speak out loudly against amnesty for illegals. After all, the majority of Americans are fed up with illegals.

Old 11-21-2014, 08:44 PM

Ah...so bob now says I'm "cowardly" because I am aware that 10% of the voting bloc doesn't amount to a hill of beans

I think it's cowardly for any politician to pander to a small voting bloc by promising to reward lawbreakers within that group.

No need to waste your time with a reply, bob---seriously.

Old 11-21-2014, 09:19 PM

31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
To give our country away by sacrificing our principles, laws and pandering to lawbreakers and their advocates regardless of any so-called math is to be anti-American. I find it unbelievable that anyone would be ok with politicians that would do that just to stay in office. I find it unbelievable that any loyal American would be ok with selling the American worker down the river and ok with allowing millions of foreigners here illegally who are a burden to our society and will still be if legalized suggesting that our politicians should be more concerned with their own political career rather than the needs of American citizens. Sometimes I am a complete loss for words and actually feel ill when I read these types of sentiments.

Old 11-21-2014, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
To give our country away by sacrificing our principles, laws and pandering to lawbreakers and their advocates regardless of any so-called math is to be anti-American. I find it unbelievable that anyone would be ok with politicians that would do that just to stay in office. I find it unbelievable that any loyal American would be ok with selling the American worker down the river and ok with allowing millions of foreigners here illegally who are a burden to our society and will still be if legalized suggesting that our politicians should be more concerned with their own political career rather than the needs of American citizens. Sometimes I am a complete loss for words and actually feel ill when I read these types of sentiments.
Couldn't rep you again, Oldglory but this is very well put!

I, too, feel ill when I read those types of sentiments

Old 11-22-2014, 12:14 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,483,552 times
BugsyPal, Of course lower median ages and higher birthrates as Latinos have means disproportionate growth..simply amongst legal citizens.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:39 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,641,477 times
Default The Nuclear Option

Do you notice the voices are loud from the Illegal crowd and they think they have some legal ground?

The only course of action is now secure the border and expeditioniously deport as many Illegals as possible. Further make examples of those who have not done anything within 5 years to be come legal.

Its about choices and these Illegals have made the choice to bypass American Law and thusly should be deported even if they have spent the last 20 years here in this country.

Old 11-23-2014, 01:53 PM

9,312 posts, read 5,598,288 times
Quote:
No BOS, I support rational answers to a massive GOP POTUS math problem. Not sticking ones head in the sand.

A few posters were mature enough to admit they would accept POTUS defeat to maintain what they view as principles. I respect that, even if I'd choose to see those I prefer have a shot at the WH, in order to get other stuff accomplished.

To not acknowledge the math issue, though, is cowardly.
Reality has a well-known liberal bias. Never was that more evident than in reading the lockstep rejection of evidence by the right in the responses to your posts in this thread.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Reality has a well-known liberal bias. Never was that more evident than in reading the lockstep rejection of evidence by the right in the responses to your posts in this thread.
Ummm...what?

I love how you assume that I'm on the "right" because I reject amnesty for illegals.

Apparently, bob now thinks that I'm not only a "coward" but I'm "immature" because I am strongly against politicians pandering to lawbreakers and those who aid and abet them. Especially when those lawbreakers come from a voting bloc that amounts to 10% of the voting population---and not all of those 10% are for amnesty. See, bob, I know my math and acknowledge it, too.

No, bob, it is "cowardly" for politicians to pander to law breakers instead of doing the right thing, even if it means that a small percentage of voters won't vote for them.

Being of Hispanic descent myself, the politician---no matter on what side of the aisle---who has the courage to speak out against amnesty for illegals will be the one who gets my vote.

In the past, ICE deported illegals back to 189 different countries. Yet politicians don't pander to Americans who trace roots back to most of those countries. You've never explained why that is, bob. Instead, you hurl insults at those of us who get that politicians should never pander to law breakers.

Finally, bob---are those in my extended family who work for ICE, the Border Patrol, Customs and are in the military all "immature cowards"?

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 11-23-2014 at 03:32 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration