Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 05:34 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times

Advertisements

This like Obamacare is owned by democrats with all the consequences; plain and simple.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 06:42 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
This is a giant slap in the face to all those who did the right thing to become legal citizens.

This is surely the ghost of Ronald Regan rearing it's ugly head once again.
I surely hope someone in Congress has the balls too stand up and fight to get this stupid jerk out of the white house, and soon.

It is obvious, he is not, I repeat, is not upholding the constitution of the United States, and needs to be removed from office immediately.
I am so disgusted with this Bast..d.

I never liked this jerk, and presently he has done a fantastic job of showing me, and the rest of the people who really care about this country what a real a$$hole he is.
Get him removed before he does any more damage.

Bob.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:33 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think its really much like that red line. That is why I had to wander if he actually hasn't listen last weeks. Its more like a wall put up on any reform. He and Democrats own it and will have to make it work ;republicans have no skin in game with this move. Reagan did same thing its often pointed out; but the difference is that he had a agreement and did it to make sure those effected where not caught in middle before passage.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:19 PM

2,964 posts, read 3,531,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Republicans have had 2 yr to work on a comprehensive immigration bill but republicans have been like hell no we do not even bring this issue up. Time is over so now these lazy republicans are pretty much forcing Obama to take executive action on his own. I think the main reason republicans do not like immigration reform is because when all the people become citizens and they start to vote they will vote democrat. If republicans fight Obama over this like they have already claimed they republicans will start to die off they will be unelectable for the next 10 to 14 yrs and next 2 presidents will be democrat.
Most Americans want these people deported. We don't care about pulling families apart. They broke the law and the need to pay the consequences. Many of these people work hard (no one disputes that), but they have many children who get taxpayer benefits and we have to pay for their schooling (which includes ESL classes). Deport them!

Old 11-20-2014, 10:36 PM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Most Americans want these people deported. We don't care about pulling families apart. They broke the law and the need to pay the consequences. Many of these people work hard (no one disputes that), but they have many children who get taxpayer benefits and we have to pay for their schooling (which includes ESL classes). Deport them!
I agree, but this tyrant has seriously overstepped his authority.

Time to fight back with, legal challenges, defunding and impeachment for dereliction of duty.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:16 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
People ARE pissed and, if I were Obama, I'd listen or face impeachment.
Yep, relatives in TX and AZ are furious.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:17 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
I agree, but this tyrant has seriously overstepped his authority.

Time to fight back with, legal challenges, defunding and impeachment for dereliction of duty.
Nah, that's the political trap Obama hopes R's will step into. The time will come, it always does and they did it to themselves.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:09 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Yep, relatives in TX and AZ are furious.
I'm in TX. Most people I've talked to about this are hideously pissed off. (This includes Latinos.)

Old 11-21-2014, 12:23 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,978,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McdonaldIndy View Post
Well hey this can be our new motto for Democrats and Amnesty: If you like your Civil War you can keep your Civil War.
This could very well be what it may be coming too.
As far as immigration is concerned,one phrase becomes an oxymoron.
They all speak of "comprehensive" immigration.
I have to wonder if any, including this a$$hole president, know what that word means.

Comprehensive means to understand.
What part of immigration is understandable?
As far as I am concerned, their is only one part of immigration that is comprehensive, and that is, obey and enforce our immigration laws that are in place, and round up all these illegals and send them packing.
Now, any fool, including those in Washington certainly can understand that phrase.

Now before we get into a pissin match with any one here, for those who say they can't be rounded up, and it would be too expensive, that is bull.
It can be done, and the money spent on these illegals presently could be used to round them up and send them home to their own countries.
What is lacking here is the desire by government to do this.

Bob.

Old 11-21-2014, 01:57 PM

170 posts, read 133,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesky View Post
But that's the thing, it doesn't matter if they had 2 or 50 years to pass a comprehensive immigration bill. If the people they are representing don't want to have immigration reform, then the job of the House of Representatives is to block immigration reform. How do people not understand that? Republicans are under no obligation to pass immigration reform.

Congress cannot and should not be blackmailed to pass the reform. Which is exactly what the President is doing right now: "You don't want to do it? You better, because if not, I'm going to force something you'll hate even more down your throat".

False. The traditional Republicans like Boehner and McConnell would back immigration reform but they have an albatross around their necks which is the base and the teabaggers in congress. Those illegal immigrants already have jobs and the Chamber and its member businesses do not want these people deported. That's because green is KING.
A few years ago, I had a sprinkler installed. The owner was a white guy but the workers were all Mexican. Only one of the workers spoke anything close to English. They did a great job and the owner got his check. No way Repugs really want these people deported.

By the way, Abbott's wife is Latina and will be the first first such lady of Texas. So Abbott is just grandstanding.

Last edited by Hondu54; 11-21-2014 at 02:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration