U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-02-2008, 04:36 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,816,061 times

Advertisements

It's well-known that illegals from south of the border love to shoot guns in the air on festive events - like beers after work and New Year's..

I know we had 3 or 4 incidents here in DFW where bullets grazed, hit or in one case fell right in front of a preacher performing a New Year's Eve service..

Your report, please:

Old 01-02-2008, 05:32 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,702,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
It's well-known that illegals from south of the border love to shoot guns in the air on festive events - like beers after work and New Year's..

I know we had 3 or 4 incidents here in DFW where bullets grazed, hit or in one case fell right in front of a preacher performing a New Year's Eve service..

Your report, please:
Very interesting, Lakewooder . . . ONE would be way too many as far as I'm concerned.

There is a law in Arizona against that ridiculous behavior due to the death of a child awhile back. In fact, the law is named after that child but I cannot remember the name.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:07 PM

5,767 posts, read 10,038,692 times
I used to fire off my pistol on New Year's Eve when I was younger, but I always used blanks. What kind of moron would use live rounds?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:11 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,816,061 times
M - moron M - _ _ _ _ _ _ I thought you might be going for an alliteration.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:22 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,702,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tablemtn View Post
I used to fire off my pistol on New Year's Eve when I was younger, but I always used blanks. What kind of moron would use live rounds?
Sadly, tablemtn, a typical moron who is allowed to run loose.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:44 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,796,426 times
Quote:

Your report, please:
*sigh* How do you know the bullet that fell right in front of a preacher was from an illegal immigrant?

Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM

14,343 posts, read 7,449,166 times
Quote:

Your report, please:
Why wait for new years, it happens every night.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:59 PM

51,086 posts, read 29,169,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Very interesting, Lakewooder . . . ONE would be way too many as far as I'm concerned.

There is a law in Arizona against that ridiculous behavior due to the death of a child awhile back. In fact, the law is named after that child but I cannot remember the name.
Bummer, that's Shannon's Law that was signed by Governor Jane Hull in early 2000. This stemmed from an incident in June of 1999, where some idiot, who to this day has never been caught, fired a gun in the air, and one of the stray bullets hit 14-year-old Shannon Smith in he head while she was talking on her cell phone in the back yard.

It's mornons like that, who think a bullet will go up in the air and will not come back down, or will disappear into thin air. The few idiots like that give the rest of us law-abiding gun owners a bad reputation.

Thankfully, I didn't hear any random gun fire in the area I live in, but I always hear it's normal to hear that in west Phoenix, where there's a majority of Hispanics. Most Hispanics are law-abiding and they respect the laws, but again, there are a few that feel they have to fire their guns in the air at midnight on new year's eve. I am a pro-second amendment person, but I am also one who feels that if a person is ignorant enough to fire his gun in the air without regards to the safety of others, he should never be allowed to own a gun, regardless of his ethnic background.

Old 01-02-2008, 07:16 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,948,712 times
Although this can be a problem, I don't think it has anything specifically to do with illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or