Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 06:55 AM

28,880 posts, read 30,155,232 times

Advertisements

This is a direct slap in the face to those who have come here and worked very hard to gain citizenship.
It took them years....to learn the language, and put themselves thru school....and then gained legal citizenship....how dare this president or anyone so totally ignore the laws....
this is a slap in the face to all U.S. Citizens...it should be a priviledge to be here....
It's like all our laws are being ignored, what a crime, and I heard ABC News this morning say that most American's are for this and they are NOT!

You go into any restaurants in the United States, and illegals are working in all the kitchens...so horrible! I've worked in many restaurants as a waitress in my past, and they are all paid under the table, for cheap labor...and it's about time it is stopped.

They drive illegally and don't have car insurance, and if you think it's a joke, just have one of them hit you and see what happens....

Old 11-20-2014, 07:02 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,183,814 times
who did they survey? 62 americans and 38 illegals? bet it is far lower than 38%. you can make any survey come out the way you want by the wording of questions and choosing who you ask. govt. and people with agendas lie and manipulate facts to get their way. fact not fiction.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:31 AM

39,017 posts, read 51,026,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
That's not true. There are polls that show the opposite. I'm sure that if you looked around you will find one. And guess what? There are democrats and independents who don't want amnesty for illegals.

I think that you should read the comments that are left in response to articles written about this issue. You will notice that the comments are overwhelmingly against amnesty.

If 74% of Americans wanted amnesty for illegals, you would think that commenters would be singing their praise of illegal immigration

Also, if amnesty was so popular, then why didn't it get passed during the first two years of Obama's first term? After all, he had a majority democrat house and senate. It could have been rammed through and crammed down our throats.

When GW Bush was pushing for amnesty, Americans jammed the fax machines and crashed the phone lines on Capitol Hill with the vast majority being against amnesty.
You are misusing the term amnesty and you know it. Paying fines, back taxes, and getting in line for legal immigration is not amnesty. Polls show people are not in favor of just letting them become citizens without those requirements. They do not support amnesty. On the other hand, every recent scientific poll taken on the subject shows a strong majority favoring addressing the illegal problem through earned citizenship - fines, back taxes, security checks, and a degree of English proficiency. Again, that is NOT amnesty.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:05 AM

1,110 posts, read 668,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Where would you send him? Saudi Arabia took in Idi Amin. We took the Shah, Maybe Germany?
California would take him :-) So will Hawaii (both in spirit qualify as foreign countries). In fact, why not let him move to Hawaii after his term and we can secede the state from the union, selling it to the Japanese (with printed dollars they can borrow from us to transact).

Old 11-20-2014, 08:28 AM

88,713 posts, read 44,496,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
This is a direct slap in the face to those who have come here and worked very hard to gain citizenship.
It took them years....to learn the language, and put themselves thru school....and then gained legal citizenship....how dare this president or anyone so totally ignore the laws....
this is a slap in the face to all U.S. Citizens...it should be a priviledge to be here....
It's like all our laws are being ignored, what a crime, and I heard ABC News this morning say that most American's are for this and they are NOT!

You go into any restaurants in the United States, and illegals are working in all the kitchens...so horrible! I've worked in many restaurants as a waitress in my past, and they are all paid under the table, for cheap labor...and it's about time it is stopped.

They drive illegally and don't have car insurance, and if you think it's a joke, just have one of them hit you and see what happens....
That did happen to me. On a motorcycle. I was damned lucky I wasn't killed. An illegal alien who didn't speak English, driving a borrowed car with no driver's license or insurance, clearly didn't know the rules of the road... tried to pass me on the right when I had signaled, slowed, and began turning right into a parking lot.

Extensive damage to my motorcycle... even bent the frame. The only reason I had no serious injuries was because when he hit me, striking the engine guard, my motorcycle swung counterclockwise, slammed into the left side of his car, and my right grip lodged into the hood of his car, keeping the motorcycle upright as he dragged me to a stop. My right leg was lodged between my motorcycle and his car, keeping me on the motorcycle so I wasn't thrown off. The engine guard on my motorcycle kept my leg from getting crushed. I was bruised and banged up quite a bit, and I have a paralyzed toe on my right foot as a result, but by sheer chance of the physics of the impact, I survived.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
You are misusing the term amnesty and you know it. Paying fines, back taxes, and getting in line for legal immigration is not amnesty.
Can we deport every one of them who doesn't pay the fines and back taxes?

Old 11-20-2014, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That did happen to me. On a motorcycle. I was damned lucky I wasn't killed. An illegal alien who didn't speak English, driving a borrowed car with no driver's license or insurance, clearly didn't know the rules of the road... tried to pass me on the right when I had signaled, slowed, and began turning right into a parking lot.

Extensive damage to my motorcycle... even bent the frame. The only reason I had no serious injuries was because when he hit me, striking the engine guard, my motorcycle swung counterclockwise, slammed into the right side of his car, and my right grip lodged into the hood of his car, keeping the motorcycle upright as he dragged me to a stop. My right leg was lodged between my motorcycle and his car, keeping me on the motorcycle so I wasn't thrown off. The engine guard on my motorcycle kept my leg from getting crushed. I was bruised and banged up quite a bit, and I have a paralyzed toe on my right foot as a result, but by sheer chance of the physics of the impact, I survived.

There is another problem, which I don't believe many American's are aware of.....

Right now, here in America, are not only illegal Mexicans, but also, illegal people from around the world, Russia, Serbia, Bosnia, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, you name it.....

They want to take over this country....right now, there are 5 million illegals in NJ, that is just one state....
we are, our own demise....

this is serious people, there are terrorists right now in America, waiting for Amnesty to take place.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
There is another problem, which I don't believe many American's are aware of.....

Right now, here in America, are not only illegal Mexicans, but also, illegal people from around the world, Russia, Serbia, Bosnia, India, Afghanistan, Pakistan, you name it.....

They want to take over this country....right now, there are 5 million illegals in NJ, that is just one state....
we are, our own demise....

this is serious people, there are terrorists right now in America, waiting for Amnesty to take place.
I know they're from all over the world. The illegal alien that hit me was Filipino.

Old 11-20-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
I know they're from all over the world. The illegal alien that hit me was Filipino.
yeah, see, they want everyone to think this is a huge Mexican Problem, which it is, don't get me wrong, but there are so many other nationalities here from all over the world, including Afghanistan and others....
And what is worse, the news never reports how dangerous this is.....why?

When did anyone see anything on the news about all the terrorists that are here in this country, all the criminals.....NEVER

I live in a very rural town in PA, very small town, but surrounding us, are packing plants....so, we're full of them...illegals are all around us....and you don't realize it, until you go to say a Farmer's Market....
then it's the United Nations...at those places.

Every morning and evening there are illegals on the road, and you can tell, b/c they drive so slow, they are so afraid of getting stopped. They can't drive, they don't have a license, nor do they have car insurance.

No wonder our country is headed for disaster, b/c no one respects or even fears the laws. Why Latinos, actually have parades in our streets, what do you expect?

We have become a land of lawlessness and have forgone our rights with the depletion of these laws.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Can we deport every one of them who doesn't pay the fines and back taxes?
This same thing happened many years ago...and I forget what President it was, but he announced that by such and such a date, the U.S. was going to start arresting illegals and deporting them....one by one, and ironically, most of them went back to their country.

Listen, I don't believe anyone in this country begrudges anyone living here, as long as they go thru the legal process and become a working citizen of the U.S.

But this, this opens the doors to anyone, hard core criminals, who don't work hard and do not care, all they want is our land....and they do, and if this keeps up, they will get it.

Honestly, I'm still in a state of Shock that this wasn't taken care of under Bush.....

The republicans had a chance right then and there to close off the borders and stop this nonsense, but they didn't....why? I would love to know why they ignored it b/c now Obama is going to do this country a very dangerous harm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration