Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2014, 10:06 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
BOS2IAD, Let them hang out. The difference now is employers will have to report their earnings, and pay taxes (both employer and employee) on them, with the air of invisibility gone. That means they will not be cheaper due solely to these tax issues.

HaHaHa is right!

Sleazy employers who hire illegals aren't suddenly going to find religion just because The Dear Leader dictated an amnesty for parents of anchor babies.

They'll continue doing what they've been doing all along---which is hiring illegals and paying them under the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2014, 10:09 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,999,262 times
Quote:
It would actually insure they paid taxes, as did their employers.
I'd guess that they'd qualify for "earned" income tax credit and child refunds too?

Old 11-20-2014, 10:14 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
You're delusional, what makes you think they or their employers are going to follow the laws now?

If anything they will now compete for jobs with real Americans and legal immigrants while these dirtbag employers will just hire the next crop of illegals.

That is exactly what is going to happen, we know it is, not hard to figure out. Glad a lot of us know the scope of what a friggin mess this is going to be.

The job situation for Americans has just gotten worse. Thank Your President.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:26 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
HaHaHa is right!

Sleazy employers who hire illegals aren't suddenly going to find religion just because The Dear Leader dictated an amnesty for parents of anchor babies.

They'll continue doing what they've been doing all along---which is hiring illegals and paying them under the table.

Exactly there are so many sleazy employers who hire illegals now, without giving Americans the chance to compete for what should be rightfully theirs.

Hate to say it but a lot in the Construction business, Painters, Roofers, Drywall etc, and yes I happen to know this from sleazy Construction workers, who tried and pawn off illegals on a major renovation we did years ago. Long story, bottom line, yes I did what I had to do, and the Contractor is no longer in business, and the illegal workers, do not know what happened to them.

Oh believe me, I bitched my azz off, and got a crew of American Workers, but when he had to pay more money to these workers, and he promised me more then he should have, he walked. The end of the job, leaving hubby and me to finish the work ourselves. And we did, and the inspectors said our work was far superior to most Contractors, made me happy. We even added another 3rd car garage, and side yard access for 12 cars. Do we love cars, you bet. Classic Mustangs.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:32 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,930,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's an Illegal's wet dream. No deportation, access to tax payer funded programs and you get to keep your culture and your language all the while still working for cash under the table without paying most taxes.

What can go wrong.
You can't get access to most welfare programs without being a citizen. Permanent residents get some, like food stamps and probably Medicaid, but not the others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
As per Boss Obama's order, illegal immigrants will be given SS#'s but won't be citizens?

This is just weird. (in addition to being wrong on so many levels).
You don't need to be a citizen to have a SS#. Never did. When we were looking for my wife to immigrate here, she would be able to apply for a SS# as soon as she got work authorization, not citizenship. Obama can't just hand out citizenship to illegals, that takes an Act of Congress, but he can defer deportation or give green cards. A lot of immigration law is administrative law, not statutory law.

Old 11-20-2014, 10:52 PM

42 posts, read 44,465 times
I think Obama did the right decision. The Republicans have refused to solve the growth of undocumented immigrants living in United States. It is obvious that the Republican Party see no problem with illegal immigration as they have never act to do something about it. In fact, Republicans are even more pro immigration than Democrats. The Obama plan is actually very sensitive. The current Obama-plan includes;

1. If you have to been into United States for longer than five years or you if have to have a child or other close relative with an American Citizenship you will be able to apply for a three year long temporary work-permit.

2. If you have been convicted for a crime you will not be able to seek the temporary work-permit.

3. If you are given a temporary work-permit you have to pay taxes and you are not available for certain welfare-services which are given to citizens.

I cannot see that these demands are unreasonable. Obama refuse to deport illegal immigrants because he sees it as morally wrong. What he basically is saying is that he will not enforce the law nor will he want to see a change in the current laws because he is not advocating free immigration. So long you have borders you have citizens, legal immigrants and illegal immigrants. I do have a problem with Obama in the sense that he will not enforce written law and deport those 11-12 million illegal immigrants because when you don’t enforce the law it is nothing more than a piece of paper and people will not act upon it. It is one of the reasons why the US sees such high growth of illegal immigrants. Once again, I think the Obama plan is better than nothing and because the Republicans is clearly have no intrest in the issue and they are obliviously only play the game of politics because they have no plan what so ever just as George W. Bush. Obama’s executive order is what I can see within the so called DREAM act.

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frankly, Republicans are only angry because they voters require them to be angry. It is just a game so they can be reelected and their threats are just empty and as hollow as everything else Republicans done since Abraham Lincoln. It is not Obama who is a “lame duck” but it is the Republican Party (GOP) which slowly dying off. More and more people understand that Republicans is a Plutocratic institution which also shared with the Donkey. They care nothing for poor Americans who fear their salaries being dumped by immigrants nor do they understand that their policies are creating poverty in third world countries including Mexico. The Republican Party is at most concerned about votes and that homosexuals are not allowed to marry and rape-victims have an abortion. There is no chance that you will see beltway Republicans listen to congressman Steve King, Senator Ted Cruz or why not libertarian Senator Rand Paul when it come to immigration. Personally, I think president Obama did the right thing and we should be happy having a president who is actually doing something instead of these Republicans who just want to be reelected.

Last edited by Skylock; 11-20-2014 at 11:02 PM..

Old 11-20-2014, 11:18 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,995,014 times
No, he did the wrong decision.

Apparently neither you nor he care about the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans who will be further hurt by Obama's despicable action.

Why do you put illegals first, Skylock?

Old 11-21-2014, 12:12 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
It would actually insure they paid taxes, as did their employers.
Or get welfare.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:14 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
No, he did the wrong decision.

Apparently neither you nor he care about the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed Americans who will be further hurt by Obama's despicable action.

Why do you put illegals first, Skylock?
It doesn't make sense. They complain about finding good paying jobs but do everything to prevent forcing employers from giving them. Grubers will never get it.

Old 11-21-2014, 12:20 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,455,557 times
Obama's plan is for people that have been here longer than 5 years.

I can guarantee you that the illegals that stream in next month will magically have folded, slightly dirty copies of rent receipts dated more than 5 years ago.

This is open season for anyone to come in and claim they've been here all along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration