U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:21 AM

31,947 posts, read 14,727,274 times

Advertisements

a
Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
I have been listening with interest to the conversation re: illegals over the past month especially, and I find it intellectually fascinating that no-one seems to have a problem with deliberately creating and nuturing an entire underclass population in this country. These illegals pick our crops, do our landscaping. Obama in his speech on his EO specifically said "these are the people who work our farms and made our beds". I've heard endless immigrant advocacy reps saying "they are your maids and housekeepers, your gardeners..........

And they ARE. They do all our distasteful jobs. The jobs that we don't want to do. The ones we're too lazy to do. And NOBODY seems to have a problem with the fact that we are relegating and pigeon-holing these people into doing all of the low paying, menial and mundane jobs that Americans will not do.

There's an ethical issue right in the middle of this mess that I have not seen anyone address anywhere.
No, they don't! The jobs you are calling distasteful are jobs Americans have always done for a fair wage until the arrival of cheap, illegal labor and the greedy took advantage of it. Illegal aliens are just as guilty as they are because no one forced them over the border illegally or forced them to take jobs they aren't entitled to. The ethical issue here is that the American worker is getting the shaft by both the employers and the illegals who don't give a damn about them or our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2014, 09:02 AM

4,929 posts, read 3,511,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

No, they don't! The jobs you are calling distasteful are jobs Americans have always done for a fair wage until the arrival of cheap, illegal labor and the greedy took advantage of it. Illegal aliens are just as guilty as they are because no one forced them over the border illegally or forced them to take jobs they aren't entitled to. The ethical issue here is that the American worker is getting the shaft by both the employers and the illegals who don't give a damn about them or our laws.
Let me try this again.

I think that part of the sales pitch being made to the American people for the EO is that the illegals are already here - washing our cars, mowing our lawns, making our beds, picking our blueberries. I've heard it from Obama. I've heard it from immigration advocates. I've read it on this site. How many times have you heard that they will do the jobs that "Americans won't do".

I'M not saying those are distasteful jobs. I'm saying that those who are pro illegal immigration, pro amnesty, pro EO, are pushing the "they make our beds" meme. Aside from Obama invoking God in his EO speech, I was most shocked when he said "they pick our crops and make our beds".

What I'm saying is that not only is a whole new voting block being generated, but also a whole new underclass that pro-illegals are pigeon-holing these illegals into. Those who (by the pro-illegals own admission) will do the jobs WE won't.

I don't know if that is by accident or by design, but I would open Door #2 before Door #1. Maybe we're creating a whole new voting block AND a whole new underclass of people available to do America's dirty work. I could continue moving those concepts on down the line into futuristic-movie-territory but I'll stop now.

Something just feels bad wrong about the entire "they make our beds and pick our crops" thing.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:55 AM

31,947 posts, read 14,727,274 times
Quote:
Let me try this again.

I think that part of the sales pitch being made to the American people for the EO is that the illegals are already here - washing our cars, mowing our lawns, making our beds, picking our blueberries. I've heard it from Obama. I've heard it from immigration advocates. I've read it on this site. How many times have you heard that they will do the jobs that "Americans won't do".

I'M not saying those are distasteful jobs. I'm saying that those who are pro illegal immigration, pro amnesty, pro EO, are pushing the "they make our beds" meme. Aside from Obama invoking God in his EO speech, I was most shocked when he said "they pick our crops and make our beds".

What I'm saying is that not only is a whole new voting block being generated, but also a whole new underclass that pro-illegals are pigeon-holing these illegals into. Those who (by the pro-illegals own admission) will do the jobs WE won't.

I don't know if that is by accident or by design, but I would open Door #2 before Door #1. Maybe we're creating a whole new voting block AND a whole new underclass of people available to do America's dirty work. I could continue moving those concepts on down the line into futuristic-movie-territory but I'll stop now.

Something just feels bad wrong about the entire "they make our beds and pick our crops" thing.
The point is that they are doing these jobs illegally and undercutting Americans because they work for less. They and those who hire them are breaking the law. Sans crop picking (for which there are unlimited visas for) there isn't one job mentioned that Americans won't do for a living..

Of course a new voting bloc is being creating. If they become citizens the majority of them will vote Democrat. Money, power and votes are at stake here at the expense of our own workers.

Old 11-27-2014, 08:47 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,502,920 times
The GOP would never allow teeth to be put into employer sanctions. If 3 strikes is viewed as acceptable for people, it should be welcomed as the equivalent for a corp. 3 strikes, you no longer exist, no equity, no profits, no revenue, and your officers barred for life from being officers or simply equity stakeholders in any registered US corp.

Like drug dealers, all ill gotten gain seized, including the officer's 529 plans for their kids.

Old 12-03-2014, 10:59 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,459,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one has attempted to enforce the most important part of the illegal alien laws on the books.

Employer sanctions.

Seizure of all business and personal assets, of the owners and CEO's employing the tourists, would send a shockwave.
What business owner would risk everything? Name one!

No tax dollars spent deporting anyone. The Massive self deportation would take care of it all on it's own.
No splitting up families and getting tossed across the border, with just the shirt on your back.

Those that think WE THE PEOPLE are bluffing and do risk it, would be providing revenue to the PEOPLE, for being traitors to the health of this nation.

On a side note. If you are not an American Citizen, you cannot own and run a business on US soil( a way around employer sanctions)

Without employer sanctions that have teeth, WE THE PEOPLE are just feeding the beast.
I would love to see this

Old 12-03-2014, 11:46 PM

61,070 posts, read 30,951,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I would love to see this

Me Too!

Old 12-24-2014, 03:21 AM

19,477 posts, read 13,130,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No one has attempted to enforce the most important part of the illegal alien laws on the books.

Employer sanctions.

Seizure of all business and personal assets, of the owners and CEO's employing the tourists, would send a shockwave.
What business owner would risk everything? Name one!

No tax dollars spent deporting anyone. The Massive self deportation would take care of it all on it's own.
No splitting up families and getting tossed across the border, with just the shirt on your back.

Those that think WE THE PEOPLE are bluffing and do risk it, would be providing revenue to the PEOPLE, for being traitors to the health of this nation.

On a side note. If you are not an American Citizen, you cannot own and run a business on US soil( a way around employer sanctions)

Without employer sanctions that have teeth, WE THE PEOPLE are just feeding the beast.
Try to seize the Koch brothers and the Carghill family's assets and see who goes to jail. I guarantee it won't be them.

Old 12-24-2014, 07:04 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,359,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Try to seize the Koch brothers and the Carghill family's assets and see who goes to jail. I guarantee it won't be them.
Uh; Bernie Madoff went down. The fat cats ain't 100 percent safe from being taken down.

Old 12-24-2014, 02:25 PM

3,844 posts, read 5,124,698 times
Quote:
I have been listening with interest to the conversation re: illegals over the past month especially, and I find it intellectually fascinating that no-one seems to have a problem with deliberately creating and nuturing an entire underclass population in this country. These illegals pick our crops, do our landscaping. Obama in his speech on his EO specifically said "these are the people who work our farms and made our beds". I've heard endless immigrant advocacy reps saying "they are your maids and housekeepers, your gardeners..........

And they ARE. They do all our distasteful jobs. The jobs that we don't want to do. The ones we're too lazy to do. And NOBODY seems to have a problem with the fact that we are relegating and pigeon-holing these people into doing all of the low paying, menial and mundane jobs that Americans will not do.

There's an ethical issue right in the middle of this mess that I have not seen anyone address anywhere.
Tried to rep ya, JB, but gotta redistribute some love first.

Your post is spot on! I said this on one of these forums some months back: Does No One see the resemblance to bringing the slaves over and giving them the undesirable jobs?? Shame on the president for even saying this out loud, even if it is what he thinks. Mrs. O is pissy because someone asks her to retrieve something from a top shelf in a store, and her hubby expects immigrants to do menial tasks for us for who knows how much and how long? I'm calling BS.

Old 12-26-2014, 09:01 PM

11,936 posts, read 14,443,840 times
We need a system like Canada's to bring in agricultural workers. http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/...story.html.The workers get paid decently and get retirement benefits, but no permanent residency. If employers want to bring in illegals to cheap out on wages, fine them double or triple the difference between what they should pay and what they did, since we can't hang them.

Last edited by pvande55; 12-26-2014 at 09:03 PM.. Reason: Add link
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or