U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-25-2014, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Texas
1,142 posts, read 1,013,106 times
Reputation: 1467

Advertisements

My reply to Senator Ted Cruz's recent email saying "Greetings,

This week, President Obama announced he will unilaterally grant amnesty to millions who have entered the country illegally. This is unconstitutional and it is lawless. His actions defy the people who have spoken in overwhelming numbers against amnesty.

I will keep working to uphold the rule of law and work towards implementing a system that welcomes immigrants to our nation in a safe, legal manner.

Please keep reading for an update on the latest in the Senate."

I answered but it did not go thru due to his office being flooded with emails.

"I do not like politics that divide people. Letís find solutions and work it out.

This talk of amnesty being unconstitutional is a divisive line.

Many Republicans and others speak against amnesty and reforming our policies toward people who are here illegally. Meanwhile I see many food products by major corporations are now catering to the Hispanic market. You cannot be against something but taking the money from the people purposefully to line your pockets. Double-speak is dishonesty."

As a Texan and as an american in this time I do feel that we need to work together no matter the party or views. It is the only way we can move forward.

I see many folks on here who do not want amnesty for many who were brought her as kids. Many who do not support the Dream act. Many who do not acknowledge that many of the illegals here pay into social security but never get that money back.

Living in Texas we get to see how many companies that make food, large companies like Kelloggs maybe, Frito-Lay are making products for the Hispanic markets. We have a lot of Hispanics here most legal, many american going back 3-6 generations. Some Texan Hispanics have been here so long that it was Mexico when they came.

These companies are willing to make those products with ingredients to cater to the tastes of Hispanics and of course all kinds buy them-many of them illegal. Who knows if these companies are progressive, conservative? I don't know and I don't have time to research it. But I hate hypocrisy and I know that some of them have to be conservative and yet doing this and voting that way.

What do you think about this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-25-2014, 09:39 AM
 
31,797 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8476
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
My reply to Senator Ted Cruz's recent email saying "Greetings,

This week, President Obama announced he will unilaterally grant amnesty to millions who have entered the country illegally. This is unconstitutional and it is lawless. His actions defy the people who have spoken in overwhelming numbers against amnesty.

I will keep working to uphold the rule of law and work towards implementing a system that welcomes immigrants to our nation in a safe, legal manner.

Please keep reading for an update on the latest in the Senate."

I answered but it did not go thru due to his office being flooded with emails.

"I do not like politics that divide people. Letís find solutions and work it out.

This talk of amnesty being unconstitutional is a divisive line.

Many Republicans and others speak against amnesty and reforming our policies toward people who are here illegally. Meanwhile I see many food products by major corporations are now catering to the Hispanic market. You cannot be against something but taking the money from the people purposefully to line your pockets. Double-speak is dishonesty."

As a Texan and as an american in this time I do feel that we need to work together no matter the party or views. It is the only way we can move forward.

I see many folks on here who do not want amnesty for many who were brought her as kids. Many who do not support the Dream act. Many who do not acknowledge that many of the illegals here pay into social security but never get that money back.

Living in Texas we get to see how many companies that make food, large companies like Kelloggs maybe, Frito-Lay are making products for the Hispanic markets. We have a lot of Hispanics here most legal, many american going back 3-6 generations. Some Texan Hispanics have been here so long that it was Mexico when they came.

These companies are willing to make those products with ingredients to cater to the tastes of Hispanics and of course all kinds buy them-many of them illegal. Who knows if these companies are progressive, conservative? I don't know and I don't have time to research it. But I hate hypocrisy and I know that some of them have to be conservative and yet doing this and voting that way.

What do you think about this?
You're confusing legal with illegal. There is nothing wrong with offering Hispanic products here since there are millions of them here legally. Are you saying that because some illegal Hispanics are buying these products they should be discontinued altogether?

Who cares what tid-bit of taxes illegal aliens pay in? Their social costs are way higher than any taxes they pay into the system. If they are paying any SS taxes it's because they are using a fake or stolen ID which is a felony. So now we should worry about them getting it back? They aren't even authorized to work here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Texas
1,142 posts, read 1,013,106 times
Reputation: 1467
Default No I am not saying...

No I am not saying "Are you saying that because some illegal Hispanics are buying these products they should be discontinued altogether?"

I am saying that a group that votes one way is making tons of money off the very thing they vote against.

I am going to also say I think the new illegal Hispanics will ultimately be welcomed ironically because we are a capitalistic society and as such cheap with our morals. Selling a taco chip to an illegal Hispanic will be too profitable not to pass up. Also what person still is willing to jump over others on Black Friday but our most "wanna be" American people? They seek the goods to be real Americans.

I just find the posturing and talk is cheap.

I think the issue of illegals is complicated and dealing with it sanely, safely and delicately is the key.

thx
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:17 PM
 
31,797 posts, read 14,647,757 times
Reputation: 8476
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
No I am not saying "Are you saying that because some illegal Hispanics are buying these products they should be discontinued altogether?"

I am saying that a group that votes one way is making tons of money off the very thing they vote against.

I am going to also say I think the new illegal Hispanics will ultimately be welcomed ironically because we are a capitalistic society and as such cheap with our morals. Selling a taco chip to an illegal Hispanic will be too profitable not to pass up. Also what person still is willing to jump over others on Black Friday but our most "wanna be" American people? They seek the goods to be real Americans.

I just find the posturing and talk is cheap.

I think the issue of illegals is complicated and dealing with it sanely, safely and delicately is the key.

thx
Please don't lump the greedy employers and corrupt politicians into the same catagory with law abiding Americans who want an end to illegal immigration by using the word "we". There is no need to make this issue complicated or dealing with it delicately. The laws on the books should be enforced. There is nothing inhumane about that. No way should illegal aliens be allowed to stay here and be rewarded for violating our immigration laws. It does and will hurt our own citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 04:25 PM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,315,239 times
Reputation: 5895
Quote:
Originally Posted by creepy View Post
No I am not saying "Are you saying that because some illegal Hispanics are buying these products they should be discontinued altogether?"

I am saying that a group that votes one way is making tons of money off the very thing they vote against.

I am going to also say I think the new illegal Hispanics will ultimately be welcomed ironically because we are a capitalistic society and as such cheap with our morals. Selling a taco chip to an illegal Hispanic will be too profitable not to pass up. Also what person still is willing to jump over others on Black Friday but our most "wanna be" American people? They seek the goods to be real Americans.

I just find the posturing and talk is cheap.

I think the issue of illegals is complicated and dealing with it sanely, safely and delicately is the key.

thx
I just want illegal aliens GONE; not just "Hispanics, ALL of their kind.

NO promises of amnesty, E verify, end birthright, allow cops to arrest ANYONE if there's probable cause of that person being in the US illegally and so on. They'll start leaving by the millions real fast and the few hard heads left will be quiet and lay low.

Now; if talking about how the Dominican Republic or the Bahamas handle their illegals, that IS playing rough.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 06:06 PM
 
Location: USA
18,597 posts, read 13,725,968 times
Reputation: 12166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I just want illegal aliens GONE; not just "Hispanics, ALL of their kind.

NO promises of amnesty, E verify, end birthright, allow cops to arrest ANYONE if there's probable cause of that person being in the US illegally and so on. They'll start leaving by the millions real fast and the few hard heads left will be quiet and lay low.

Now; if talking about how the Dominican Republic or the Bahamas handle their illegals, that IS playing rough.

That is playing rough. The only problem I see with Carte Blanche deportation of all Illegals is all the restaurants, car washes, Hotels, landscape businesses that will basically shut down in most of the Southern border states.

Dannys family Car wash chain in Phoenix serves as a good example of the hypocracy of the whole thing. the FEDs catch Danny hiring Illegal Aliens. Danny agrees to fire the Illegal Aliens. Danny can't find legal replacements for the Illegals so he hires then back. The Feds find out and and throw the book at Danny and sentance him to 12 months in Prison.........End result: the Feds let Illegals in, then close down the places they work at. You could'nt make this stuff up

Danny's Family Car Wash ex-owner gets 1 year in prison
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 06:17 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,634,444 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Please don't lump the greedy employers and corrupt politicians into the same catagory with law abiding Americans who want an end to illegal immigration by using the word "we". There is no need to make this issue complicated or dealing with it delicately. The laws on the books should be enforced. There is nothing inhumane about that. No way should illegal aliens be allowed to stay here and be rewarded for violating our immigration laws. It does and will hurt our own citizens.
I love the use of "I", not a convincing augment by any means. There is reason why we have laws and why they should be enforced. Many reasons from Protecting American jobs and eroding wages. To the impact on State and local Gov.

The Op does not care of the impact of Illegal Immigration, just cheating and stealing citizenship.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 06:18 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,634,444 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
That is playing rough. The only problem I see with Carte Blanche deportation of all Illegals is all the restaurants, car washes, Hotels, landscape businesses that will basically shut down in most of the Southern border states.

Dannys family Car wash chain in Phoenix serves as a good example of the hypocracy of the whole thing. the FEDs catch Danny hiring Illegal Aliens. Danny agrees to fire the Illegal Aliens. Danny can't find legal replacements for the Illegals so he hires then back. The Feds find out and and throw the book at Danny and sentance him to 12 months in Prison.........End result: the Feds let Illegals in, then close down the places they work at. You could'nt make this stuff up

Danny's Family Car Wash ex-owner gets 1 year in prison
Good. He should of been more creative in obtaining employees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
 
Location: Where I live.
9,191 posts, read 18,549,112 times
Reputation: 4766
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Good. He should of been more creative in obtaining employees.
You're absolutely right--but so is LS Jaun in pointing out the hypocrisy of the feds--who refuse to enforce existing immigration laws. But ICE and the BP have also had their hands tied at times.

BHO just made things a lot worse.

This guy got off too easily, too. Too bad he wasn't given the 5 years in prison with 19 months of house arrest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-03-2014, 06:31 PM
 
Location: USA
18,597 posts, read 13,725,968 times
Reputation: 12166
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Good. He should of been more creative in obtaining employees.
I primarely blame the current and previous administrations for the whole problem. Secondarely the businesses and the Illegals. The current administration gave all the illegals a thumbs up to come here. Danny was just following Obamas lead. If Obama said "Come on in", Danny figured they were golden. You can't make this stuff up!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top