Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2014, 06:19 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Illegals will be allowed to join military ranks while at the same time the military has been ordered to downscale its forces in every branch of service over the next few years. Officers in the field have already received pink slips while still out of country.

Soldiers survive combat, then lose their jobs

This administration increasingly disgusts me.
After each and every ground conflict in America's history the number of people serving in the armed forces have been cut... If this administration discusses you because service men/women positions are being slashed, how about the administrations in charge after WWI, WWII, Vietnam, Koran War, or even Desert Storm? It's natural to downsize military personal after major conflicts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2014, 02:33 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,130,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
There was someone some years ago that was killed in the Middle East and when he was shipped home they did a ceremony and granted him U.S. citizenship at the funeral. Maybe he was just green card? I don't know. I was under the impression that you had to be a full U.S. citizen to enlist, but apparently not.
I believe certain types or residency can authorize someone to service in the armed forces. You don't have to be a citizen. I had someone from Nicaragua & the Philippines in my past units and they weren't US citizens at the time. You couldn't be an illegal immigrant though...

Old 12-01-2014, 02:43 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
I believe certain types or residency can authorize someone to service in the armed forces. You don't have to be a citizen. I had someone from Nicaragua & the Philippines in my past units and they weren't US citizens at the time. You couldn't be an illegal immigrant though...
Agreed. Legal aliens can not just enlist, they can be drafted too.

Old 12-02-2014, 05:26 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,687,867 times
The stats are staggering: 50% of them don't speak English, and don't have the equivalent of a high school education. Majority are unskilled and unemployed. They don't want to be assimilated and increasingly more often we accommodate them, e.g. as in "press 1 for English".

It used to be that immigrants were given entry based on their ability to support themselves and make a contribution to the country.

What can they offer to give in return for what they will take?

Old 12-03-2014, 05:30 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,103,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
The stats are staggering: 50% of them don't speak English, and don't have the equivalent of a high school education. Majority are unskilled and unemployed. They don't want to be assimilated and increasingly more often we accommodate them, e.g. as in "press 1 for English".

It used to be that immigrants were given entry based on their ability to support themselves and make a contribution to the country.

What can they offer to give in return for what they will take?
Foreigners are expendable .... I don't see what the problem is. We should be recruiting more foreigners that way we don't have to deal with the fallout from American boys and girls coming home in wooden boxes.

There's a reason why France and Spain have foreign legions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration