U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-03-2008, 09:28 PM
 
Location: NJ/NY
9,598 posts, read 9,464,946 times
Reputation: 6725

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
You are misreading the post. This is money lost from the illegals not paying taxes. You appear to think I have said the government makes this from illegals. Read again and please use a dictionary. Thanks
I think I understand what you are saying.

They are costing us $100 Billion dollars by being here illegally...

But if we reward them for their trespass, we could recoup $24 billion of it...

Well that sounds like a great deal, but here is a better offer...

Start arresting and fining their employers...They go home...We save the entire $100 billion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-03-2008, 09:37 PM
 
130 posts, read 467,025 times
Reputation: 72
there is a simple reason why the amount of illegals that enter this country keeps on going up. its because if an illegal has a kid here, there kids will be legal citizens of the united states. then.....when there kids (anchor babies) are age 18 they can legally petition there (illegal) parents to become u.s. citizens.

if u fix that law above "any" other law, the amount of illegals coming here will basically decrease almost overnight.

furthermore, if u grant amnesty to those 12 million illegals, they will go back home and marry there sweatheart or start to petition there wives/husbands, and of course there children. then........within, a few years, those 12 million "illegals" who are now "legal" (because of amnesty) will be more like.....60 million+.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
1,693 posts, read 3,105,847 times
Reputation: 1233
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleword View Post
there is a simple reason why the amount of illegals that enter this country keeps on going up. its because if an illegal has a kid here, there kids will be legal citizens of the united states. then.....when there kids (anchor babies) are age 18 they can legally petition there (illegal) parents to become u.s. citizens.

if u fix that law above "any" other law, the amount of illegals coming here will basically decrease almost overnight.

furthermore, if u grant amnesty to those 12 million illegals, they will go back home and marry there sweatheart or start to petition there wives/husbands, and of course there children. then........within, a few years, those 12 million "illegals" who are now "legal" (because of amnesty) will be more like.....60 million+.
And they will send their money back to family out of the country further destabilizing the economy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-03-2008, 09:57 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,708,999 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
And they will send their money back to family out of the country further destabilizing the economy.
Then send them and their money back to their family in the Glorious Motherland. Case closed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2008, 04:41 PM
 
2,257 posts, read 3,453,413 times
Reputation: 469
How about if you are going to write a post you make it legible and coherent



Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
You are misreading the post. This is money lost from the illegals not paying taxes. You appear to think I have said the government makes this from illegals. Read again and please use a dictionary. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-04-2008, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Wilkes-Barre, PA
1,693 posts, read 3,105,847 times
Reputation: 1233
Sorry LOL. Reading that back it was rude. I was trying to be funny, my apologies
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 01:43 AM
 
2,141 posts, read 7,035,617 times
Reputation: 1245
This is the plus side of social medicine. It's for legal citizens. A friend of mine was injured on vacation in Canada. They asked to see her resident card. Since she wasn't a Canadian citizen she was going to have to put the Emergency Room visit no a credit card. Since her injury was not severe, they didn't require payment but that was a lucky break for her. If we had socialized medicine for legal citizens, we'd wind up paying a lot less in healthcare for illegals and that alone would deter some people from being here illiegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 07:55 AM
 
Location: Northern Virginia
87 posts, read 92,448 times
Reputation: 24
Exclamation How many did you say?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Twelve million is a conservative estimate. Most pundits estimate that there are approximately 20 million illegal aliens in the U.S. at any given time.
Which pundit said there were 20 million illegals in the country, and what did he/she base this number on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 08:27 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Reputation: 3785
Quote:
Originally Posted by ggjacobsen View Post
Which pundit said there were 20 million illegals in the country, and what did he/she base this number on?
That 20+ million illegal immigrant number sounds high as well------unless the Anchor Babies are counted in who are US citizens (for now). Remember that the birthrate amongst Latinos is dropping dramatically as well.

Even if it were 'only' 12 million actual illegals (which is way too many); and 80% percent of them were Mexican nationals, that would mean that almost 1 Mexican in 10 is living here in the USA which may be accurate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-05-2008, 01:41 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,222,879 times
Reputation: 436
Well I know one thing. We could all have a lot more money in our pay checks since taxes could go done. And we the people should demand just that once our borders are sealed, illegals are gone and we have returned to sanity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top