U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2014, 12:43 PM

3,533 posts, read 2,170,235 times

Advertisements

I had a thought this morning: I recall being taught in High School that by voting in a foreign election you could lose your US Citizenship. I wonder how many southern state over 18 anchor babies participate in the mail in/internet Mexican elections?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2014, 12:51 PM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
I would even go so far as to deport the anchor babies with the parents. It is the parents job to raise their children, regardless of where they are born, not ours.
Unfortunately, under the current misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment they are considered to be U.S. citizens and can't be deported. But regardless of that minor kids belong with their parents. Their parents should return to their homeland with them.

Old 12-06-2014, 01:06 PM

10,946 posts, read 7,975,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unfortunately, under the current misinterpretation of the 14th Amendment they are considered to be U.S. citizens and can't be deported. But regardless of that minor kids belong with their parents. Their parents should return to their homeland with them.
Should be no problem, the current administration ignores the law (and constitution) to suit their desires, so they could also ignore it in this case.

Old 12-06-2014, 02:48 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Quote:
I would even go so far as to deport the anchor babies with the parents. It is the parents job to raise their children, regardless of where they are born, not ours.
We would not want to separate Families now.

Old 12-07-2014, 02:05 AM

20,581 posts, read 15,415,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Only ONE border state out of the whole bunch at this point.

That one does surprise me--I wouldn't expect liberal illegal-alien loving California to go along with this, but I was really surprised that AZ and possibly NM didn't. Susana Martinez (NM gov) tried to get NM to stop issuing drivers' licenses to illegal aliens.
Look again. Illegals come from more than just Mexico. My state is on it, and we border a foreign country.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:27 AM

62,353 posts, read 27,748,078 times
Quote:
You must remember that something is only illegal if Obama declares it so and sets his pet DOJ to spinning laws to make it so.
There is no spinning this law. It's clearly a federal offense to harbor, or aid or abet the harboring of illegal aliens in the U.S. That's what Obama has done by issuing the illegal immigration EOs. Obama himself is aiding or abetting the harboring of illegal aliens in the U.S. Obama is committing federal offenses.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:37 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,516,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Look again. Illegals come from more than just Mexico. My state is on it, and we border a foreign country.
I'm very well aware of that fact. As a border county, we have seen OTMs (other than Mexican) from both European and Eastern/Asian countries picked up and detained by the Border Patrol.

But the fact remains that around 80-85% of those breaking and entering are from Mexico, with a smaller number from countries south of same.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:54 AM

482 posts, read 428,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Should be an easy case to win. Obama's EOs on illegal immigration are unlawful. It's a federal offense to harbor, or aid or abet the harboring of illegal aliens in the U.S.

8 U.S. Code 1324 - Bringing in and harboring certain aliens | LII / Legal Information Institute

Obama's EOs on illegal immigration are acts of aiding and abetting the harboring of illegal aliens in the U.S. That is clearly illegal. The U.S. President does not have the authority to issue an EO that violates federal law. In fact, Obama himself should be prosecuted for issuing those EOs. He's directly committed federal offenses in doing so.
Except that every president since Eisenhower has used execution actions to halt deportations of certain immigrants. President Reagan did nearly the same action for children of the illegals he granted amnesty to, and Bush Sr. did the same for illegal spouses of legal residents. If congress has ignored so many previous presidential actions on immigration, it sets a precedent they may be hard to over turn.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:01 AM

10,946 posts, read 7,975,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Except that every president since Eisenhower has used execution actions to halt deportations of certain immigrants. President Reagan did nearly the same action for children of the illegals he granted amnesty to, and Bush Sr. did the same for illegal spouses of legal residents. If congress has ignored so many previous presidential actions on immigration, it sets a precedent they may be hard to over turn.
Or points out that no one challenged their actions. Different this time around.

Old 12-07-2014, 10:49 AM

62,353 posts, read 27,748,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by strad View Post
Except that every president since Eisenhower has used execution actions to halt deportations of certain immigrants. President Reagan did nearly the same action for children of the illegals he granted amnesty to, and Bush Sr. did the same for illegal spouses of legal residents.
This goes beyond that. Obama's EOs were not sanctioned by Congress, as Reagan's and Bush's were which permitted close family members (child/ren, spouse) of those already present in the U.S. LEGALLY to remain in the country. Reagan's and Bush's EOs only applied to those who were closely related to those whom Congress had already offered amnesty. Obama's illegal immigration EOs directly violate federal law by permitting illegal immigrants without legally present close family members to legally remain in the U.S.

By issuing those two EOs, Obama is directly committing the federal offenses of aiding and abetting the harboring of illegal aliens in the U.S.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or