U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 11:15 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Apparently you lacked the understanding of my post. Defending the border and identifying the criminal element and the areas of the most criminal activity and threats is what the border patrol is doing. Updating their various methods of protecting themselves also shows the ability to evaluate. That is rational and logical.

Blanket statements about shooting and shoot to kill by anti-illegal immigrant posters is racist when they choose not to identify the criminal element actually attacking the agents but lump all south of the border types together and creating an open season on them.

If the original post was a discussion on going after the violent criminal element attacking the border agents, then that would be a rational discussion. However it was post trying to associate all border crossers as violent thugs and a shout out to shoot them all. Has racists undertones and yes, it is the race card when the truly ignorant try to lump everyone in one class instead of identifying the truly dangerous.

No, it just makes you have a better palate, thai people have much better abilities with spices and seasonings. Didnít you have an awakening the first time you tried real thai food and realized fresh cracked black pepper was not the ultimate as curry was?

If you have a problem with what people are writing here, THEN DON'T READ IT. Just to warn everyone, there is no point arguing with this person. He will twist your words and repeat the same stupid things over and over again even though you have already thoroughly explained yourself. He is a troll, and is just looking to cause trouble. He is NOT worth a TOS violation. I'm about 2 seconds away from putting him on my ignore list because he just makes me want to punch my monitor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 11:53 PM

1,903 posts, read 7,161,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
one thing I have learned in blogging is to never react strongly before reading twice and asking questions.
Ah, so blogging is NOT like border patrol.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:36 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,611,035 times
Quote:
Apparently you lacked the understanding of my post. Defending the border and identifying the criminal element and the areas of the most criminal activity and threats is what the border patrol is doing. Updating their various methods of protecting themselves also shows the ability to evaluate. That is rational and logical.

Blanket statements about shooting and shoot to kill by anti-illegal immigrant posters is racist when they choose not to identify the criminal element actually attacking the agents but lump all south of the border types together and creating an open season on them.

If the original post was a discussion on going after the violent criminal element attacking the border agents, then that would be a rational discussion. However it was post trying to associate all border crossers as violent thugs and a shout out to shoot them all. Has racists undertones and yes, it is the race card when the truly ignorant try to lump everyone in one class instead of identifying the truly dangerous.

No, it just makes you have a better palate, thai people have much better abilities with spices and seasonings. Didnít you have an awakening the first time you tried real thai food and realized fresh cracked black pepper was not the ultimate as curry was?
Try again.

There is no such as a Hispanic 'race' so your race argument has no merit.

That stated: anyone who crosses our borders illegally is a criminal. If it means setting up a Berlin Wall style fence with watchtowers, guard dogs, etc. so be it.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:13 AM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
If you have a problem with what people are writing here, THEN DON'T READ IT. Just to warn everyone, there is no point arguing with this person. He will twist your words and repeat the same stupid things over and over again even though you have already thoroughly explained yourself. He is a troll, and is just looking to cause trouble. He is NOT worth a TOS violation. I'm about 2 seconds away from putting him on my ignore list because he just makes me want to punch my monitor.
Nice to see SimpleMan doing the same thing. Not actually discussing the issue. Please put me on your ignore list, You never seem to have anything constructive to add to the conversation in my opinion.

Or do you have something to add on use of deadly force on ALL illegal crossers?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 01-04-2008 at 10:31 AM.. Reason: clarify point.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
This thread is about . . . Assaults Against Border Patrol Agents . . . !

I believe the majority of those assaults occur when the illegal is entering this country.
I read the press release, it identifies the majority of assaults against agents as ďattacked by smugglers and criminal elements in areas where drug and human trafficking organizations have been entrenchedĒ. It doesnít identify any attacks by the average Jose trying to cross but the actual organized criminal element, the traffickers and drug runners.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

There is no such as a Hispanic 'race' so your race argument has no merit.

That stated: anyone who crosses our borders illegally is a criminal. If it means setting up a Berlin Wall style fence with watchtowers, guard dogs, etc. so be it.
How about read what I actually wrote and tell me where I said “hispanic”? I only stated “south of the border types”. Which all of the south of the border types belong to a nation or are a group of people, so yes, they are a race.

You’re right, anyone who crosses our border illegally has committed a crime. However is that justification to just shoot to kill everyone who crosses the border illegally? The ones running with their kids, just shoot them? The poster didn’t say only shoot to kill the ones threatening the border patrol with physical harm but implying to shoot them all and shoot to kill. So do you agree with shooting both the unarmed female running with a child AND the armed drug smuggler? There is justification for the latter but what is the justification for shooting the former?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 01-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.. Reason: grammar

Old 01-04-2008, 10:38 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
I believe what is fueling the shoot them on sight rage is the fact that we have had Border patrol agents sent to prison for shooting a known drug mule. The same mule who was compensated by our gov for being shot in his ass. The same mule who was later arrested doing the same dirty deed. It was a classic case of our state department bending low and kissing Mexico's butt. Not on the left not on the right but right in the middle. Politicians and their games make me sick. Do some UN duty and you will want to puke daily.
I don't believe in using Mom and her 4 yearold baby as target practice. Not even dad and his brother juan. But if they use any form of a weapon, or resist arrest then it is they who have chosen the level of force required.
Lets build a double concrete wall complete with towers use the military to patrol it. The problem of illegal crossings for immigrants or drugs would be solved. Recall our forces from Germany, Japan and S.Korea. The savings from closing those bases and the support required to run them will more than pay for the border.

Old 01-04-2008, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I believe what is fueling the shoot them on sight rage is the fact that we have had Border patrol agents sent to prison for shooting a known drug mule. The same mule who was compensated by our gov for being shot in his ass. The same mule who was later arrested doing the same dirty deed.
I can understand the rage, but the rage should be targeted at the types who committed the crime, which were drug runners. Even the press release identified the threats as the smugglers and drug runners. However to lump everyone in that same class and make blanket statements to shoot to kill is not rational. I credit the agency for taking the time to identify the true threats and justifying their use of force.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I don't believe in using Mom and her 4 yearold baby as target practice. Not even dad and his brother juan. But if they use any form of a weapon, or resist arrest then it is they who have chosen the level of force required.
Threaten any officer and use of force may be justified. Donít make any threats, whether overt of implied, and the officer more than likely isnt justified. I wont act like some and think just because the person is a criminal then that is a justified use of force by an officer. People wont agree with the police shooting speeders on sight, so why do they seem to justify shooting an unarmed person running across the border?

Old 01-04-2008, 12:56 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,041,880 times
Quote:
Nice to see SimpleMan doing the same thing. Not actually discussing the issue. Please put me on your ignore list, You never seem to have anything constructive to add to the conversation in my opinion.

Thank you for proving my point with your arrogance. If you bother reading through my many posts (I know it's difficult for you to comprehend the meaning also) you would see the ignorance in your above statements. But besides trying to anger people, what do you add to the conversation? And in answer to your question, do I concur with shooting anyone crossing the border on site? No, I do not (make sure you write that down so you remember when you try to twist my words). I DO, however agree anyone shooting at or attacking a border patrol agent deserves to be shot, the same as a police officers do when they're shot at or threatened with their life.

Old 01-04-2008, 01:18 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,789,466 times
Quote:

This immigration forum is VERY hostile to any poster who doesn't have their point of view on immigration. You won't believe the amount of racist comments i get on my reputation thing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or