U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 02:08 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,082,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
My reps are only down because people dont agree with my view on immigration. You make an accusation of my MANY posts having racist overtones but yet you can't even show me one proving your point?
I don't need to show you - perhaps you should review your posts, objectively.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2008, 02:13 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,159,780 times
How about getting back to the topic: assaults on border agents are up. Does anyone agree with the OP to shoot to kill? Remember that the OP didnt identify whether to shoot all border crossers or just the criminial element identified in the press release so we have to assume they meant shoot to kill everyone, including the non-violent offender, plus they havent been back to clarify their position.

If you agree that the non-violent border crosser should be shot too, why is that?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 01-04-2008 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: spelling

Old 01-04-2008, 02:54 PM

10,017 posts, read 16,976,956 times
No I dont believe non violent border crosser should be shot, maybe a taser if they kept running would help though.

Old 01-04-2008, 04:06 PM

3,712 posts, read 5,813,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How about getting back to the topic: assaults on border agents are up. Does anyone agree with the OP to shoot to kill? Remember that the OP didnt identify whether to shoot all border crossers or just the criminial element identified in the press release so we have to assume they meant shoot to kill everyone, including the non-violent offender, plus they havent been back to clarify their position.

If you agree that the non-violent border crosser should be shot too, why is that?

Why waste ammunition? Build an Israeli-style fence and keep them from entering the US in the first place. This is a far more humane proposition. Not only will it save Border Guards from potentially lethal assault, it will also stop the deaths in the desert.

Quote:
Fences
WHAT AMERICA CAN LEARN FROM ISRAEL'S WEST BANK SECURITY BARRIER.

Israeli security barrier
Here's one lesson Americans can definitely draw from the Israeli experience of building a fence to separate them from the Palestinians: High fences don't always make good neighbors. <snip>. And the reason is pretty obvious: Fences work.

Most calculations of the projected cost of a U.S. fence cite the Israeli model: "[b]ased on the price of the Israeli security barrier," the National Journal estimated that 2,000 miles of fence will cost the United States $6.4 billion.

The Israeli West Bank barrier, when finished, will run for more than 400 miles and will consist of trenches, security roads, electronic fences, and concrete walls. Its main goal is to stop terrorists from detonating themselves in restaurants and cafes and buses in the cities and towns of central Israel. So, planners set the bar very high: It is intended to prevent every single attempt to cross it. The rules of engagement were written accordingly. If someone trying to cross the fence in the middle of the night is presumed to be a terrorist, there's no need to hesitate before shooting. To kill.
As such, the Israeli fence is very efficient.
The number of fatalities due to terrorist attacks and the number of bombings both decreased dramatically.

Quote:
Still, some of the lessons from the Israeli experience apply. The first is one opponents don't like to hear: A wisely planned fence is capable of preventing almost every attempt to enter a country illegally.
<snip> The fence is not the only thing keeping people from entering. The fence has just two objectives: slowing the intruders and making them visible to members of the border patrol. The rest of the work is done by human beings.

The more you answer these questions the Israeli way, the more unbeatable your fence will be. But don't forget: Years of terror attacks hardened Israelis' hearts toward their neighbors (just as years of occupation hardened Palestinians' hearts toward Israelis). This brought them to a point where they were ready to do whatever it took to make the bloodshed stop. So, here's an easy way to figure out if an American fence will work: Measure the anger and despair. Has it grown big enough to make that same commitment?
What America can learn from Israel's fence. - By Shmuel Rosner - Slate Magazine

Old 01-04-2008, 04:20 PM

25,107 posts, read 35,082,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
No I dont believe non violent border crosser should be shot, maybe a taser if they kept running would help though.
Now, I like the taser idea - generally non-lethal - gets their attention -

Yep, that works

Old 01-04-2008, 08:59 PM

902 posts, read 534,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
How about read what I actually wrote and tell me where I said “hispanic”? I only stated “south of the border types”. Which all of the south of the border types belong to a nation or are a group of people, so yes, they are a race.
Therin lies part of the problem in this country, people who happen to be ignorant about race and ethnicities and such.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:02 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,979,708 times
When you leave the back door open... they'll walk right in.
(only an example)... When you only tell a child no, they'll try it again, but when you spank thier bottom.. it leaves a more-lasting impression!
Telling the mexicans it's a criminal offence to cross illegally, hasn't worked.
Rounding them up just so they can cross again later, hasn't worked.
A GOOD SPANKING would leave a much more longer-lasting impression!
If and illegal had the gall to wave a mexican flag while protesting on American soil.., and I was there.. I would have to go to jail...

Old 01-07-2008, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Therin lies part of the problem in this country, people who happen to be ignorant about race and ethnicities and such.
Was there a point you were trying to make or just making comments without a point? I posted a reply showing the EEOC and dictionary definition of "race" and how it supports my statements. Do you have a different defintion of race that is different from how the government defines it?

Old 01-07-2008, 09:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,271,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Absolutely, Ozark-Baby

Our Border Patrol Agents should have the right to SHOOT TO KILL those violating our immigration laws and/or attacking any U.S. Law Enforcement Officer.

Our Military acts accordingly to protect and defend the borders of other countries, why not our own?
It is only a felony if they come to the U.S, get deported, they come in once again and get caught. No one should have to die over a border dispute, it is an inhumane way to solve anything.

Old 01-07-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
It is only a felony if they come to the U.S, get deported, they come in once again and get caught. No one should have to die over a border dispute, it is an inhumane way to solve anything.
I would love to know the religious beliefs of those who are so opposed to illegal immigration that they would support a “shoot to kill” policy on unarmed illegal immigrants who do not pose a threat to the border agents. I cannot think of any religion that has zero compassion and would have its supporters justify the killing of people just because they are not legal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or