U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2008, 07:20 PM

902 posts, read 505,293 times

Advertisements

I think there should be no question.........they should shoot and shoot to kill!

Assaults Against Border Patrol Agents Continue Record Pace
250 Assaults Since October 1, 2007
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 07:24 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
And yet the proillegals would have us believe that all illegals are honest hard working law abiding citizens. Yet another reason why we should use our military to patrol the border. Preferably from a tall wall with gaurd towers every 300 meters or so. Armed with 30 and 50 cal machine guns.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:06 PM

1,275 posts, read 2,123,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
I think there should be no question.........they should shoot and shoot to kill!
It’s nice to know that at least the Border Patrol knows who the dangerous elements are (excerpt from press release below) and takes the time to identify them. I wouldn’t want to see ignorant racists who are itching to shoot to kill any “brown” people pretending to protect our border.

“Agents are most often attacked by smugglers and criminal elements in areas where drug and human trafficking organizations have been entrenched. “

Old 01-03-2008, 08:11 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,878,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
It’s nice to know that at least the Border Patrol knows who the dangerous elements are (excerpt from press release below) and takes the time to identify them. I wouldn’t want to see ignorant racists who are itching to shoot to kill any “brown” people pretending to protect our border.

“Agents are most often attacked by smugglers and criminal elements in areas where drug and human trafficking organizations have been entrenched. “
Racist??? What makes it racist to shoot those who are shooting at you?
Oh maybe I am so racist that I married a very brown skinned Thai national.
No this about protecting our borders. Its about our border patrol agents being allowed to defend themselves. The race card yet again... LOL how original.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Racist??? What makes it racist to shoot those who are shooting at you?
Apparently you lacked the understanding of my post. Defending the border and identifying the criminal element and the areas of the most criminal activity and threats is what the border patrol is doing. Updating their various methods of protecting themselves also shows the ability to evaluate. That is rational and logical.

Blanket statements about shooting and shoot to kill by anti-illegal immigrant posters is racist when they choose not to identify the criminal element actually attacking the agents but lump all south of the border types together and creating an open season on them.

Quote:
No this about protecting our borders. Its about our border patrol agents being allowed to defend themselves. The race card yet again... LOL how original.
If the original post was a discussion on going after the violent criminal element attacking the border agents, then that would be a rational discussion. However it was post trying to associate all border crossers as violent thugs and a shout out to shoot them all. Has racists undertones and yes, it is the race card when the truly ignorant try to lump everyone in one class instead of identifying the truly dangerous.

Quote:
Oh maybe I am so racist that I married a very brown skinned Thai national.
No, it just makes you have a better palate, thai people have much better abilities with spices and seasonings. Didn’t you have an awakening the first time you tried real thai food and realized fresh cracked black pepper was not the ultimate as curry was?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:28 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Absolutely, Ozark-Baby

Our Border Patrol Agents should have the right to SHOOT TO KILL those violating our immigration laws and/or attacking any U.S. Law Enforcement Officer.

Our Military acts accordingly to protect and defend the borders of other countries, why not our own?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Our Border Patrol Agents should have the right to SHOOT TO KILL those violating our immigration laws and/or attacking any U.S. Law Enforcement Officer.
If you categorize the illegal immigrant population you will find the second largest class of illegal immigrants are those who overstayed their visa. Based on your statement above, are you advocating shooting to kill those types of illegal immigrants for no other reason than their visa has expired? You didn’t state that they had to also attack a law enforcement officer, your comment indicates they could just be here illegally and that is enough to kill.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:45 PM

14,195 posts, read 7,399,448 times
Quote:

Assaults Against Border Patrol Agents Continue Record Pace
250 Assaults Since October 1, 2007
I'll bet that would curb the Invasion!!!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
If you categorize the illegal immigrant population you will find the second largest class of illegal immigrants are those who overstayed their visa. Based on your statement above, are you advocating shooting to kill those types of illegal immigrants for no other reason than their visa has expired? You didn’t state that they had to also attack a law enforcement officer, your comment indicates they could just be here illegally and that is enough to kill.
This thread is about . . . Assaults Against Border Patrol Agents . . . !

I believe the majority of those assaults occur when the illegal is entering this country.

Attack ANY Law Enforcement Officer with a weapon (including attacking a Border Patrol Agent with rocks while illegally entering this country) qualifies for a SHOOT TO KILL approach.

We need to GET SERIOUS on our borders!

Old 01-03-2008, 10:55 PM

1,693 posts, read 3,105,847 times
one thing I have learned in blogging is to never react strongly before reading twice and asking questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or