U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 05:28 PM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

There is no need to triple immigration enforcement. All that needs to be done is to remove all of the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here and they will leave on their own with no means to support themselves or their families.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2014, 05:46 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There is no need to triple immigration enforcement. All that needs to be done is to remove all of the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here and they will leave on their own with no means to support themselves or their families.
Nonsense yet again. Everify will need a horde of foot soldiers to ever make it work. What it would do is drive the illegals deeper underground but it not going to drive anyone out of the country unless religiously enforced. That says someone checks papers in every restaurant every couple of weeks etc.

And anything you want to do requires legislation. But you can't get any.

So I guess frothing is all that is left.

Old 12-07-2014, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
What is this "you" crap? Do you see any members of Congress here?
The collegiate "you". Those who support a particular position...like opposing the President's EO.

Last edited by lvoc; 12-07-2014 at 06:50 PM..

Old 12-07-2014, 06:08 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Nonsense yet again. Everify will need a horde of foot soldiers to ever make it work. What it would do is drive the illegals deeper underground but it not going to drive anyone out of the country unless religiously enforced. That says someone checks papers in every restaurant every couple of weeks etc.

And anything you want to do requires legislation. But you can't get any.

So I guess frothing is all that is left.
Uh; it sounds to me you're doing most of the "frothing" here. Ivoc: please accept the fact you WON'T make any of us pro amnesty for illegal aliens. If anything: more and more people want their kind OUT of the US especially looking at the 8 to 1 comments AGAINST amnesty in any MSN story here in the Internet.

Old 12-07-2014, 06:42 PM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; it sounds to me you're doing most of the "frothing" here. Ivoc: please accept the fact you WON'T make any of us pro amnesty for illegal aliens. If anything: more and more people want their kind OUT of the US especially looking at the 8 to 1 comments AGAINST amnesty in any MSN story here in the Internet.
^Well put, Packard fan! Thank you!

Old 12-07-2014, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Actually I am not sure I really care a lot. My views are more so the person without an understanding of this issue does not get the idea that you frothers are correct.

What I find absolutely amazing is that you basically destroy your own cause by your position. You hold to the status quo which is probably the worst outcome for the US and for those against amnesty. YOu build a win for the illegals and may very well open it up to another 10 million who might otherwise not get here.

You have no solution but fairy tales and you don't even have the legislative support needed to try them. So you are doomed to lose under virtually any likely outcome. But you hold the stalemate maximizing your loss.

Old 12-07-2014, 07:37 PM

That's not how e-verify works. Someone is making a mountain out of a molehill here and for the obvious reasons. All incentives need to be removed to rid ourselves of a good portion of illegal aliens. Jobs, denying benefits and birthright citizenship together would do the job. There wouldn't be enough underground jobs for that many illegal aliens or enough employers willing to take the chance to get caught with e-verify in place.

The Senate bill did include e-verify so to claim that it wouldn't happen is grasping at straws. The only thing wrong with that part of the bill is that it wouldn't have take affect for 5 years and wouldn't include making those already on a payroll pass it. Those things can be fixed.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:43 PM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's not how e-verify works. Someone is making a mountain out of a molehill here and for the obvious reasons. All incentives need to be removed to rid ourselves of a good portion of illegal aliens. Jobs, denying benefits and birthright citizenship together would do the job. There wouldn't be enough underground jobs for that many illegal aliens or enough employers willing to take the chance to get caught with e-verify in place.

The Senate bill did include e-verify so to claim that it wouldn't happen is grasping at straws. The only thing wrong with that part of the bill is that it wouldn't have take affect for 5 years and wouldn't include making those already on a payroll pass it. Those things can be fixed.
Oldglory---there are some people that just won't listen or do any research.

Like you, I've pointed out over and over again that there won't be enough underground jobs to employ all the 8 million no-match SSNs if E-verify was the law of the land, etc. I don't know why some people don't get this

Old 12-08-2014, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Like you, I've pointed out over and over again that there won't be enough underground jobs to employ all the 8 million no-match SSNs if E-verify was the law of the land, etc. I don't know why some people don't get this
It's just an attempt to justify illegal immigration into our country and for us to cave into amnesty. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 12-08-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

Almost half of the illegals are already off the books. So you get Everify up and it goes to 90%. Certainly it will have some impact but only if tightly enforced. And enforcement requires resources. If not enforced it becomes a joke in a year or so.

Anyway it requires legislation which is not available. So things continue as they are for another couple of years.

And that is about the worst possible outcome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or