U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2014, 12:50 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Being sent back to where they were born is punishment? Flip it around: If my wife and I had a kid here in the US; we went to Sweden illegally and we got deported, do you think Sweden would allow our child to stay there?
Yes, it's a punishment. It's unjust deportation.

I can't comment on that because I don't know Sweden's laws but if it were up to me the child would be allowed to stay and you and your wife would have to go. You and your wife would then have to decide to either leave your child behind in Sweden or take them with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2014, 03:02 PM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post

I can't comment on that because I don't know Sweden's laws but if it were up to me the child would be allowed to stay and you and your wife would have to go. You and your wife would then have to decide to either leave your child behind in Sweden or take them with you.
The kids were born in MEXICO. Why is it an unjust deportation to send them back to Mexico if they are all here illegally?

Mexico should not be our problem at all.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:10 PM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
So you believe that children should be punished for what their parents do? Because that's what this boils down to.
So you believe that the American Tax payer should be punished because the parents broke our laws? We don't have the resources to care for our own needy, we shouldn't be wasting what we have on others.

Old 12-13-2014, 03:46 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
So you believe that children should be punished for what their parents do? Because that's what this boils down to.
It isn't punishment. By allowing these kids to remain here it is rewarding the parents for breaking our immigration laws. The whole family being here illegally can all go back together to their homeland, family intact.

Old 12-13-2014, 05:35 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:

Then I'd be nailed for child abandonment IF I left my kid back in Sweden if that kid was under 18 unless I signed my rights away. Would you be Ok with some illegal alien couple signing away their rights to their foreign born kid here in the US?

Old 12-13-2014, 06:12 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,080,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
The kids were born in MEXICO. Why is it an unjust deportation to send them back to Mexico if they are all here illegally?

Mexico should not be our problem at all.
If they were brought here as children and lived most of their life here then they most likely identify with America rather than Mexico. Some of our best Americans weren't born here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
So you believe that the American Tax payer should be punished because the parents broke our laws? We don't have the resources to care for our own needy, we shouldn't be wasting what we have on others.
Taxes are theft so I don't see why you're complaining at the fact that you're getting more stolen from you. Anyway, we do have the resources but corrupt politicians and baby boomers misuse our tax dollars and those undocumented children would get jobs and pay their taxes when they grow up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It isn't punishment. By allowing these kids to remain here it is rewarding the parents for breaking our immigration laws. The whole family being here illegally can all go back together to their homeland, family intact.
No, if the parents were being rewarded they would be given citizenship or legal residence. Those parents didn't have children solely to gain citizenship or legal residence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Then I'd be nailed for child abandonment IF I left my kid back in Sweden if that kid was under 18 unless I signed my rights away. Would you be Ok with some illegal alien couple signing away their rights to their foreign born kid here in the US?
Yes. By most measures, life here in the U.S. is better than the vast majority of countries. And what's wrong with a parent signing away their rights to parenthood? It happens all the time. If a parent cannot provide for their child and if they love their child then they should give them to others who can take better care.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:09 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
If they were brought here as children and lived most of their life here then they most likely identify with America rather than Mexico. Some of our best Americans weren't born here.
--------
^If they are here illegally, they are not Americans. Just as if you were brought illegally to Mexico as a child and raised there, you would not be Mexican.

--------------------------

No, if the parents were being rewarded they would be given citizenship or legal residence. Those parents didn't have children solely to gain citizenship or legal residence
---------
^It is rewarding the parents if their illegal alien kids get granted US citizenship. How many parents, after hearing that your illegal alien kids will get rewarded with citizenship if you evade the law long enough, will take it upon themselves to thumb their noses at our immigration laws and come here with that in mind?

When parents rob a bank, the kids don't get to keep the loot, for example.
---------------------------

Yes. By most measures, life here in the U.S. is better than the vast majority of countries. And what's wrong with a parent signing away their rights to parenthood? It happens all the time. If a parent cannot provide for their child and if they love their child then they should give them to others who can take better care
---------
^OMG! Any parent who gives birth to an anchor baby, then gets caught and deported and doesn't bring said child with them is a horrible parent. There is something wrong with someone who can easily walk away from their own child.

They chose to give birth to a child knowing what the consequences would be if the parent is caught and deported. There is no excuse for bringing a child into the world under those circumstances.

Leaving the child to be raised by strangers, is parenting at its very worst.

Are you a parent? The reason I ask is that decent parents could never so cavalierly walk away from their child. Someone who is not a parent would never fully understand this.

Old 12-13-2014, 07:10 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:

Taxes are theft so I don't see why you're complaining at the fact that you're getting more stolen from you. Anyway, we do have the resources but corrupt politicians and baby boomers misuse our tax dollars and those undocumented children would get jobs and pay their taxes when they grow up.

No, if the parents were being rewarded they would be given citizenship or legal residence. Those parents didn't have children solely to gain citizenship or legal residence.

Yes. By most measures, life here in the U.S. is better than the vast majority of countries. And what's wrong with a parent signing away their rights to parenthood? It happens all the time. If a parent cannot provide for their child and if they love their child then they should give them to others who can take better care.
They know the culture and language of Mexico (you mentioned only Mexico). How do you think they communicated with their parents at home and what culture at home do you think they practiced? Please don't compare naturalized Americans to illegal aliens either.

So our taxes are already high and we should embrace having them go even higher to support illegal foreigners in our country? I take offense at you claiming that baby boomers are misusing our taxes. I am a baby boomer myself so I haven't a clue what you mean by that. Those so-called children aren't undocumented they are illegal aliens. They will be competing for jobs against Americans when they grow up. The adult ones already do now and are being preferred because they work cheaper.

Yes, both the parents and their kids here illegally are being rewarded for being in our country illegally if given amnesty. Many of these parents did give birth on our soil hoping to be able to stay here legally themselves and to tap into our welfare coffers thru them. That's why they are referred to as anchor babies. Well guess what? With Obama's latest stay of deportation for illegals that have U.S. born citizen children it worked, didn't it?

If you can't feed me then don't breed em is my motto. And one certainly shouldn't expect a foreign country to care for them especially when we have enough of our own needy kids to provide for.

Old 12-13-2014, 09:59 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
They didn't consciously violate those laws. Their parents forced them into that situation.
And they're not held legally responsible for it until 180 days after they turn 18. They can leave anytime, no harm, no foul, no serious violation, and that illegal presence doesn't count against them. On day 181, though, all bets are off. That's when your illegal presence starts counting towards a ban on re-entry.

It sucks to be them, but remember we did not put them in that situation. Their parents did. Plenty of American children suffer for their parents' sins but I don't hear any compassion for them.

Old 12-14-2014, 06:50 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,522,437 times
Quote:
They're not Americans. They're Mexicans who have no right to be here.

Whether they identify as Americans is completely irrelevant. Until they come here legally--and apply the correct way for US citizenship, they are NOT Americans--and should not be treated as such.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or