Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:39 AM

2,141 posts, read 7,842,018 times

Advertisements

As an employer, I will say that most former employees file unemployment. What they receive in unemployment is more money than many of the jobs that illegal immigrants do. Illegal immigrants will work for less and that's hurt the pay scales. Another problem is employers that pay legal US citizens, even people born here in cash. They get no benefis and pay no taxes. This is another problem. I think this problem is on the backs of corporate greed. I said it before and I'll say it again. It's fellow Americans that created this problem to line their pockets..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 08:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 41,985,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
As an employer, I will say that most former employees file unemployment. What they receive in unemployment is more money than many of the jobs that illegal immigrants do. Illegal immigrants will work for less and that's hurt the pay scales. Another problem is employers that pay legal US citizens, even people born here in cash. They get no benefis and pay no taxes. This is another problem. I think this problem is on the backs of corporate greed. I said it before and I'll say it again. It's fellow Americans that created this problem to line their pockets..
Lady; you are on a roll this morning.

Another one of your posts today I disagreed with-------not this time.

Your treatise is so spot on here; it is scary.

Cannot rep you again for 24 hours though, someone else needs to 'hit you up'

Old 01-05-2008, 01:01 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,658,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
No one ever needed illegals, DAMN RIGHT!! I am recruiting all American Caucasian dishwashers, wages start at $6.25/hr. Please, email me for a job application.
Dishwashers are only paid $6.50 an hour because we have so many criminal illegal aliens here depressing entry level wages. So I've got a better idea, why not deport all the illegals here and wages for dishwashers will increase to what they should be, and Americans will take these jobs again.

Just because we have unscrupulous business owners here that are willing to profiteer off of paying criminals slave wages doesn't mean it's right, or that we as Americans should tolerate it.

Restaurant owners that hire illegal aliens should have their businesses seized.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Dishwashers are only paid $6.50 an hour because we have so many criminal illegal aliens here depressing entry level wages. So I've got a better idea, why not deport all the illegals here and wages for dishwashers will increase to what they should be, and Americans will take these jobs again.

Just because we have unscrupulous business owners here that are willing to profiteer off of paying criminals slave wages doesn't mean it's right, or that we as Americans should tolerate it.

Restaurant owners that hire illegal aliens should have their businesses seized.
What do you think the hourly wage of a dishwasher should be? Even if it was $9.00 an hour, who could live off of that? These are the types of jobs high school and college students should be doing. Most of the people I know in my social circle of that age, don't work at all and if they do, they don't want to wash dishes. So that's one problem.

Another problem is businesses that hire illegal aliens. It is illegal and something should be done about it. I'm happy that the immigration issue is a "hot button". It's about time this has happened. We the legal residents of this country need to remain very vocal on this topic. Much of big business and our government has turned the other way and encouraged this practice for too long for their financial benefit. Illegal immigrants take the streets in protest. In 2007 there were several significant marches. We should too.

Old 01-05-2008, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Lady; you are on a roll this morning.

Another one of your posts today I disagreed with-------not this time.

Your treatise is so spot on here; it is scary.

Cannot rep you again for 24 hours though, someone else needs to 'hit you up'
Arizona, I know we've had our differences but I think when it comes to the fundamental issue of illegals in this nation, you and I are on the same page. I'm just a bit more lax on the language issue for LEGAL residents because I live in a city where it seems many of the adults seem to get by fine and their chlldren are bi-lingual so the next generation will know our language.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:31 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,721,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by questioner2 View Post
They say that the public is more open to immigration, both legal and illegal, during times of economic booms but now that unemployment is going up and the economy is going down, many people will come to the realization that we do not need many new immigrants in America.

As the unemployment rate goes up, I can see the stories in the media of Americans losing their jobs while foreign labor keeps coming into our country taking the few jobs left at very low wages. I expect a growing backlash against all types of immigrants as the economy continues to crash.

Do you expect the growing unemployment will cause America to be even more anti immigrant?

Bloomberg.com: Worldwide
No, but I expect Americans will become more anti illegal immigrant.

Old 01-05-2008, 10:49 PM

440 posts, read 326,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The real question is: Did we ever need illegal labor? The answer is no. If we have a labor shortfall that would drive the state department and immigration to open the door for more legal immigrants. What illegals do is cheat legal applicants out of their opprotunity to come here and have a better life.
ITA. Big business is the only ones who benefit from the abundance of illegal alien cheap labor that depresses American wages, while we the taxpayers foot the bill for their healthcare, birth of their anchor babies, their education, chain migration, and a lifetime of: welfare, food stamps and subsidized housing. Hundreds of thousands of American citizens have been murdered by illegal alien drunk drivers, MS13 gang members; children and young girls are being molested and our porous border merely serves as a revolving door. Our tax dollars are being spent on interpreters, extra judges, paperwork and worthless deportation. Most illegal aliens that get deported on average have already been deported 3 or 4 times. They just keep coming back and perpetrating more crime.

My heart goes out to the taxpayers of California:

Quote:
Illegal Aliens Receive $37 Million From County In November
Written by Carol Rock
Saturday, 05 January 2008
Welfare and food stamp benefits soar $3 million higher than September payout.

New statistics from the Department of Public Social Services reveal that illegal aliens and their families in Los Angeles County collected over $37 million in welfare and food stamp allocations in November 2007 – up $3 million dollars from September, announced Los Angeles County Supervisor Michael D. Antonovich.

Twenty five percent of the all welfare and food stamps benefits is going directly to the children of illegal aliens. Illegals collected over $20 million in welfare assistance for November 2007 and over $16 million in monthly food stamp allocations for a projected annual cost of $444 million.

“This new information shows an alarming increase in the devastating impact Illegal immigration continues to have on Los Angeles County taxpayers,” said Antonovich. “With $220 million for public safety, $400 million for healthcare, and $444 million in welfare allocations, the total cost for illegal immigrants to County taxpayers far exceeds $1 billion a year – not including the millions of dollars for education.”

http://www.hometownstation.com/illegal-aliens-clarita-2008-01-05-10-23.html (broken link)

Last edited by Preaching2thechoir; 01-05-2008 at 11:02 PM..

Old 02-13-2009, 02:03 PM

5 posts, read 8,416 times
Those that earn a low wage get more benefits and live better than those earning much more.

Old 02-13-2009, 02:42 PM

50,057 posts, read 46,553,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
No one ever needed illegals, DAMN RIGHT!! I am recruiting all American Caucasian dishwashers, wages start at $6.25/hr. Please, email me for a job application.
Why do they have to be Caucasian?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration