U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-11-2014, 12:24 PM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
if you hire them you can ask them if you can see their papers.....
it isn't discriminating to want to protect yourself and your business....
Is that why every single person on these forums assume that every single hispanic they come across is illegal?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 01:07 PM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Is that why every single person on these forums assume that every single hispanic they come across is illegal?
the illegals ruin it for the legals....

it is just not right.....

but then, this country thinks its ok to break laws.....

Old 12-11-2014, 01:24 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Where in the world have any of us on this forum assumed that every single Hispanic they come across is an illegal alien? Please.........

Old 12-11-2014, 01:42 PM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where in the world have any of us on this forum assumed that every single Hispanic they come across is an illegal alien? Please.........
Please. Because illegal & hispanic are one and the same in most everyone's eyes on this forum? Just a hunch.

Old 12-11-2014, 03:11 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
And you are discriminating if you would not hire hispanics because obviously you incorrectly assume that each one is illegal.
I'm half Hispanic.

I will gladly hire those Hispanics who are American citizens or legally authorized to work in this country.

Besides, not all illegals are Hispanics. In the past ICE has deported illegals back to 189 different countries. 189 different countries covers every race, religion and ethnicity. I don't care where in the world an illegal comes from. Nor do I care if they got here by sneaking across the border or overstaying a visa. They all have one thing in common and that is this --- they have no business being here and need to leave.

When we hire companies to do work around our house, we always ask about their work force. Once we had a paving company come by to talk about repaving our driveway. My husband asked the woman who came by if they use E-verify. She didn't know what it was He explained it to her. She then promised to call us to give us an estimate. We never heard from them again. Gee...I wonder why

Old 12-11-2014, 04:57 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Please. Because illegal & hispanic are one and the same in most everyone's eyes on this forum? Just a hunch.
Uh; please tell THAT to Americans of "Hispanic" family who DON'T want illegal aliens of ANY "race" in the US. Sheesh!

Old 12-11-2014, 06:17 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Perhaps one could quote some posts where any of the forum members have said that illegal and Hispanic are one and the same. We'll wait.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:35 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 23 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,467,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How do you know what their political affiliation is? However, not all conservatives oppose illegal immigration any more than all Democrats are pro-illegal immigration.
By majority of course.. Same way you guys say "we only talk about Illegal Mexicans because they are the majority".

Old 12-12-2014, 05:19 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
I ain't "corporate" and I WILL get my hands "dirty" IF I'm being paid good money. 8 dollars an hour busting my ass doing skilled work ain't good at all; try more like 20 or more an hour.
sorry but your a snot.....

and it isn't (I ain't)

I used to work construction, and when I was laid off, I had a son to raise, and you take any job (s) you can get to feed and cloth your family. Apparently you haven't been in that position yet....

Old 12-12-2014, 06:34 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
sorry but your a snot.....

and it isn't (I ain't)

I used to work construction, and when I was laid off, I had a son to raise, and you take any job (s) you can get to feed and cloth your family. Apparently you haven't been in that position yet....
Hold it right there! I'm NOT making more more than 8 an hour plus I'm working part time so I CAN say what I just did. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or