U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2014, 07:43 AM

31,919 posts, read 14,699,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
By majority of course.. Same way you guys say "we only talk about Illegal Mexicans because they are the majority".
No one has said that the majority of Hispanics from Mexican origin are here illegally. However, the fact is that most illegals in this country are from Mexico. Why can't you decipher the difference between those two statements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 08:42 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,060,785 times
cremebrulee brings up a good point....about diseases being transmitted when you have the health and sanitation practies of the kitchen workers go unchecked.

There are certain food preparation practices and health practices in place here in the States that are used to help prevent this. If you have illegal immigrants cooking and preparing food, etc, there's no way, really, to regulate this.

Translation: Hepatitis A &E outbreaks!

just a thought...

Old 12-12-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
cremebrulee brings up a good point....about diseases being transmitted when you have the health and sanitation practies of the kitchen workers go unchecked.

There are certain food preparation practices and health practices in place here in the States that are used to help prevent this. If you have illegal immigrants cooking and preparing food, etc, there's no way, really, to regulate this.

just a thought...
Many third world cultures don't know the importance of washing your hands after using the restroom either. That could definitely transmit deseases when handling food.

Old 12-12-2014, 09:59 AM

25,520 posts, read 23,366,421 times
Quote:

just a thought...
yanno, you would be surprised at how many males do not wash their hands when visiting the restroom.....

pathetic....I was told that during a discussion at work...I see women do it now and then, but not nearly as much anymore as I used to...but in our culture today, apparently, a lot of parents of boys did not teach them the importance of washing their hands?

Old 12-12-2014, 10:28 AM

12,089 posts, read 5,643,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Many third world cultures don't know the importance of washing your hands after using the restroom either. That could definitely transmit deseases when handling food.
I've been to both Nicaragua & Malaysia & eaten at hawker stalls. Those places are probably safer because of the high food turnover rate, not like here where food sits languishing for hours. Gross.

Old 12-12-2014, 10:35 AM

3,914 posts, read 4,026,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I don't know if Americans are aware of this, but many years ago, when I waitressed, over the years, almost everywhere I worked, they had Illegal Mexican's working in the restaurant kitchens, and they'd pay them under the table. Every Friday came, and I'd watch as they'd hand those guys, those little white manilla envelopes with cash in them.

These people could not talk English...however, Italian and Greek Language are close, they the owners were able to communicate with them.

I don't believe Americans are aware of this? And if they are, my concern is disease...., flues, hepititis, etc.

Now I don't mind at all that people want to come to this nation, but what I do mind, is the fact that these illegals are being paid by so many companies under the table, therefore, slave labor! And, if they want to come to this nation, then do it right and become an American citizen.

What's your take?

This is news? Same goes for some of the hotel workers in Mr. Patel's chain....shocking......not.......don't think they work for measly wages my friend.....they all start at $8-$10 an hour and work their collective assets off doing the work that americans won't do. Period.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
This is news? Same goes for some of the hotel workers in Mr. Patel's chain....shocking......not.......don't think they work for measly wages my friend.....they all start at $8-$10 an hour and work their collective assets off doing the work that americans won't do. Period.
I don't know what has happened to the people in this country, I guess they've never been hungry, or have it way to easy.....?

When I was younger I cleaned houses, ironed, did laundry for people, even cleaned at a motel once....
my son, worked 3 jobs one time...one full time and two part time...and so has my Daughter in law....

I just don't get people...maybe America has made it way to easy for people?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:25 AM

3,138 posts, read 2,060,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yanno, you would be surprised at how many males do not wash their hands when visiting the restroom.....

pathetic....I was told that during a discussion at work...I see women do it now and then, but not nearly as much anymore as I used to...but in our culture today, apparently, a lot of parents of boys did not teach them the importance of washing their hands?
I cant comment on the habits of men, but I can certainly can on women.

I won't say exactly who b/c I don't want to be labeled as pointing at one particular race, but there's consistently a specific group of women, time and time and time again (I would say >90% of the time when I use a public restroom), who use the restroom, come out of the stall, toss their hair with their unwashed hands, and then just walk out. No water, no soap, no nothing. NASTY!!!!

Sorry to sidetrack this thread.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:40 AM

Quote:
I cant comment on the habits of men, but I can certainly can on women.

I won't say exactly who b/c I don't want to be labeled as pointing at one particular race, but there's consistently a specific group of women, time and time and time again (I would say >90% of the time when I use a public restroom), who use the restroom, come out of the stall, toss their hair with their unwashed hands, and then just walk out. No water, no soap, no nothing. NASTY!!!!

Sorry to sidetrack this thread.
no worries, it goes along with the thread.....

where I work, and your not going to believe this....but I got sick of being in the rest room and seeing what you see. We have a huge facility....and people put out candy. One year, my sister told me, that people in her group kept getting sick, so they had the candy dish tested, and it was infested with germs.

I won't eat anything anyone brings in any more, b/c people do not wash their hands. When I had my dogs, even washed my hands before touching food and still do so.

So, if I was in a stall, and someone walked out without washing their hands, I'd say real loud....OMG, how gross, she didn't wash her hands!!!!!!

sometimes ya gotta hit people with a 2 x 4 to wake em up.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb Longstreet View Post
It's total nonsense that there are jobs that most Americans won't do for a fair wage. This is pure pro-illegal propaganda. Who did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal labor?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or