U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2015, 03:33 PM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
There is actually no support for a crackdown on illegal immigrant employers. The right has no interest unless it requires provable knowledgeable hiring and the left generally supports legalization.

One might get it done by requiring a national ID card...but that has always been unacceptable to the right as an expansion of big government.

So it is the status quo or a comprehensive solution. It appears the status quo wins for the next few years. That is of course the worst possible outcome.
The Right????

Where has been the left while all this is going on...and why now, when we're getting close to Election did they all start this free this and that, free licenses...wake up, both sides are in on this...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2015, 06:06 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
The Right????

Where has been the left while all this is going on...and why now, when we're getting close to Election did they all start this free this and that, free licenses...wake up, both sides are in on this...
Of course the right. Who do you think prevents action against those who hire illegals?

Historically both parties have filthy hands. After the Reagan amnesty it was total failure to perform. And that allowed the problem to grow until it was no longer manageable in any rational way. You might successfully remove a couple of hundred thousand illegals...but 10 million? Not a chance.

The antis want strong laws limiting employment. But the right will never allow any substantial enforcement against those who hire illegals. Unless a vast organized effort to hire illegals no one will touch it. And nowadays it is not clear even a case as bad as the kosher slaughterhouse would be pursued.

The thing isd a lost cause and continuing to resist fixing it will only make it worse...and worse..and worse.

Old 01-19-2015, 07:42 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Of course the right. Who do you think prevents action against those who hire illegals?

Historically both parties have filthy hands. After the Reagan amnesty it was total failure to perform. And that allowed the problem to grow until it was no longer manageable in any rational way. You might successfully remove a couple of hundred thousand illegals...but 10 million? Not a chance.

The antis want strong laws limiting employment. But the right will never allow any substantial enforcement against those who hire illegals. Unless a vast organized effort to hire illegals no one will touch it. And nowadays it is not clear even a case as bad as the kosher slaughterhouse would be pursued.

The thing isd a lost cause and continuing to resist fixing it will only make it worse...and worse..and worse.
well the last time I looked, all Obama wants to do is give them amnesty, and what about the Clintons?
I swear you people are so far gone its pathetic that you refuse to see the forest thru the trees.....

Old 01-19-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
well the last time I looked, all Obama wants to do is give them amnesty, and what about the Clintons?
I swear you people are so far gone its pathetic that you refuse to see the forest thru the trees.....
And you antis have your head buried in the sand. You will lose in the end but meanwhile you continue to increase the damage.

Some of the provision of the Senate Comprehensive bill are what you claim to want...

If enacted, S. 744 would require that a series of enforcement measures, or “triggers,” go into effect prior to completing the legalization process. For example, although undocumented immigrants will be allowed to register for the new Registered Provisional Immigrant (RPI) program almost immediately, before those in RPI status can apply to become lawful permanent residents the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) must certify that the Comprehensive Southern Border Security Strategy is deployed and operational, 700 miles of fencing is complete, 38,405 border patrol agents are deployed, and the E-Verify employment verification system is in place, among other requirements. The Development, Relief, and Education for Alien Minors Act (DREAM Act) and Agricultural Job Opportunities, Benefits, and Security Act (AgJobs) are both incorporated into the RPI program, but applicants who qualify under those provisions will be eligible to obtain legal permanent resident status more rapidly.

But you continue to describe3 it as "amnesty". Sad

Old 01-19-2015, 11:59 AM

28,113 posts, read 24,646,505 times
Move out the illegals and Americans will be flocking back to work in restaurant kitchens.

Old 01-19-2015, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjay57 View Post
Move out the illegals and Americans will be flocking back to work in restaurant kitchens.
Just get out your magic powder...sprinkle it widely...and poof they are gone. Nothing to it.

You should really just do it. No sense spending all the energy on the issue when you have the solution in hand.

Old 01-19-2015, 01:47 PM

31,491 posts, read 14,573,470 times
I wish those who make claims would provide links to back them up such as the claim that it is the right who is blocking e-verify. I'll wait. The Senate bill which was backed by 4 from both parties included e-verify but it wouldn't go into affect for 5 years and would not make current employees pass it either. Hmm.

We don't have to remove illegal aliens forcibly. With e-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids they would leave on their own.

I would only ask how is granting illegal aliens amnesty a fix or solution to the problem? There is no rational answer to that.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:26 PM

25,060 posts, read 22,112,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wish those who make claims would provide links to back them up such as the claim that it is the right who is blocking e-verify. I'll wait. The Senate bill which was backed by 4 from both parties included e-verify but it wouldn't go into affect for 5 years and would not make current employees pass it either. Hmm.

We don't have to remove illegal aliens forcibly. With e-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids they would leave on their own.

I would only ask how is granting illegal aliens amnesty a fix or solution to the problem? There is no rational answer to that.
I'm finally glad to see you've finally seen the light, Oldglory. Instead of constantly complaining about Mexicans themselves, you went on board with E-verify. That is the simplest, easiest solution to the illegal immigrant problem. The Mexicans aren't the problem, the business owners who hire them are the problem and THEY need to be targeted.

Old 01-19-2015, 05:50 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm finally glad to see you've finally seen the light, Oldglory. Instead of constantly complaining about Mexicans themselves, you went on board with E-verify. That is the simplest, easiest solution to the illegal immigrant problem. The Mexicans aren't the problem, the business owners who hire them are the problem and THEY need to be targeted.
OldGlory has made many posts WANTING E verify. That ain't new. Too; NO illegal alien of ANY race has the "right" to be in any country except its own.

Old 01-19-2015, 06:19 PM

31,491 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
OldGlory has made many posts WANTING E verify. That ain't new. Too; NO illegal alien of ANY race has the "right" to be in any country except its own.
Thank you. I have always been a proponent of e-verify and I have often stated as such. Some have selective memory I guess. The employers and illegal aliens are equally guilty, however. They both are breaking the law and they both know it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or