U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 07:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I wish those who make claims would provide links to back them up such as the claim that it is the right who is blocking e-verify. I'll wait. The Senate bill which was backed by 4 from both parties included e-verify but it wouldn't go into affect for 5 years and would not make current employees pass it either. Hmm.

We don't have to remove illegal aliens forcibly. With e-verify, denying benefits and birthright citizenship for their kids they would leave on their own.

I would only ask how is granting illegal aliens amnesty a fix or solution to the problem? There is no rational answer to that.
There are a sequence of bills... HR2885 and now HR1772 and others earilier that have never gotten out of the Republican controlled house. Maybe you think the persuasive arguments of the Democrats have prevented it these last four years? There even a little democrtatic support...might get it to 60 votes if it ever got to the Senate.

Of course a general regularizastion of their status solves the problem. It reduces it in size to something that the Feds can handle.

That has always been the antis problem. There is no solution with 10 million illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 08:53 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Thank you. I have always been a proponent of e-verify and I have often stated as such. Some have selective memory I guess. The employers and illegal aliens are equally guilty, however. They both are breaking the law and they both know it.
what I don't understand, is, why Americans sit back and allow this to happen? What in the world can they be thinking and they keep voting for both Democrates and Republicans who support illegals?

Yanno, I'm so sick of it, I'm almost convinced I don't want to vote any more...and if any one slams me with that stupid idiotic saying, "if you don't vote you can't complain", go the heck back to kindergarden where you belong.

My vote doesn't count anymore...b/c, it's all a game....and has been for many many years.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:50 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,573,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
what I don't understand, is, why Americans sit back and allow this to happen? What in the world can they be thinking and they keep voting for both Democrates and Republicans who support illegals?

Yanno, I'm so sick of it, I'm almost convinced I don't want to vote any more...and if any one slams me with that stupid idiotic saying, "if you don't vote you can't complain", go the heck back to kindergarden where you belong.

My vote doesn't count anymore...b/c, it's all a game....and has been for many many years.
Far too many Americans are bleeding hearts and they don't educate themselves on this issue. There are organizations out there that are fighting this mess though. As for our politicians they are all about money and votes and as long as so many Americans are clueless on this issue and they have a growing group who votes Democrat and are supporters of illegal aliens that are demanding that illegal aliens be able to stay and oppose enforcement of our immigration laws they can and are being bought. Gone are the days when our government worked for the American people. I hope this will change with the right elected officials in office. The problem is whom do you trust to vote for? They lie to your face to get elected and then flip flop afterwards.

Old 01-20-2015, 09:58 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,279,677 times
Quote:
Far too many Americans are bleeding hearts and they don't educate themselves on this issue. There are organizations out there that are fighting this mess though. As for our politicians they are all about money and votes and as long as so many Americans are clueless on this issue and they have a growing group who votes Democrat and are supporters of illegal aliens that are demanding that illegal aliens be able to stay and oppose enforcement of our immigration laws they can and are being bought. Gone are the days when our government worked for the American people. I hope this will change with the right elected officials in office. The problem is whom do you trust to vote for? They lie to your face to get elected and then flip flop afterwards.
correct all the way around.....

Old 01-20-2015, 12:18 PM

54,160 posts, read 38,246,439 times
Quote:
Then, how can, a million restaurants across the nation keep getting away with this....??????
When the owners who of the places who hire them face no jail time, who's gonna stop it?

Quote:
Also, have you noticed, if you've ever gotten behind an illegal.....they drive so very slow, and cannot read the road signs...it is amazing...and you can't pass them....
How do you know when you're behind an illegal? They have bumper stickers or something?

Old 01-20-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
When the owners who of the places who hire them face no jail time, who's gonna stop it?

How do you know when you're behind an illegal? They have bumper stickers or something?
Yes, the employers do face punishment when they are caught "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. The problem is being able to prove it since most places don't use e-verify and the illegal workers use such authentic looking fake or stolen ID's. You know the saying in our criminal justice system..."innocent until proven guilty". For the most part the owners of companies do not do the hiring. The personnel department does or they use outside contracting.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:53 PM

54,160 posts, read 38,246,439 times
Quote:
Yes, the employers do face punishment when they are caught "knowingly" hiring illegal aliens. The problem is being able to prove it since most places don't use e-verify and the illegal workers use such authentic looking fake or stolen ID's. You know the saying in our criminal justice system..."innocent until proven guilty". For the most part the owners of companies do not do the hiring. The personnel department does or they use outside contracting.
But who profits for the most part? As long as they can hide behind other employees or claim "I didn't know", the problem will continue.

Old 01-20-2015, 03:58 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,142,160 times
Quote:
The classical restaurant dish washer is not on the payroll. He is paid in cash by the restaurant owner. And the personnel dept is the owners smart phone.

Even our neighborhood sushi bar...which lacks a single Japanese employee, being primarily Chinese and graduates of Sushi University in Santa Monica, has a dishwasher who is obviously Hispanic and likely illegal.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
But who profits for the most part? As long as they can hide behind other employees or claim "I didn't know", the problem will continue.
The owners of course. I am sure some of the claims aren't true but on the other hand some of them are true. With the criminal justice system we have in place one still has to be proven guilty in order to prosecute. I don't know what else to tell you unless you want to change that. That is why I am for e-verify. It will put a stop to both the employer and the illegal worker breaking the law. They are both equally guilty and need to be stopped.

Old 01-20-2015, 04:52 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,858,306 times
Quote:
Thank you. I have always been a proponent of e-verify and I have often stated as such. Some have selective memory I guess. The employers and illegal aliens are equally guilty, however. They both are breaking the law and they both know it.
Agreed. I've worked for many restaurants and the owners are guilty for hiring illegals. They do it to pay ridiculous wages, like $1 an hour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or