U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2015, 06:52 AM

12,973 posts, read 12,137,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, thank you, just found that out, there is definetely a flaw in our system....I cannot believe this U.S. of America would not require anyone coming to this country from another would allow them in without their shots?
Immunization is common in the western countries including Mexico. Other countries don't require that US citizens be immunized either. It is simply left to the nations who pretty much all do the right thing.

Why would you want to mess with that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2015, 07:22 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Immunization is common in the western countries including Mexico. Other countries don't require that US citizens be immunized either. It is simply left to the nations who pretty much all do the right thing.

Why would you want to mess with that?
because it just doesn't seem right that people coming in from other countries, do not have to be inoculated? They could be bringing disease into the country....and I will tell you, we've got tons of people coming in and out of India....and like someone said, they are swamped with a different strain of measles....it just seems to me, it would be a good preventative maintenance...

and I spoke with someone I work with who travels and she did say, some countries demand it, others do not...

If we're now a global nation, it just seems to be the right thing to do, to protect people.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:31 AM

Quote:
because it just doesn't seem right that people coming in from other countries, do not have to be inoculated? They could be bringing disease into the country....and I will tell you, we've got tons of people coming in and out of India....and like someone said, they are swamped with a different strain of measles....it just seems to me, it would be a good preventative maintenance...

and I spoke with someone I work with who travels and she did say, some countries demand it, others do not...

If we're now a global nation, it just seems to be the right thing to do, to protect people.
If we simply vaccinated at the same level as most of the European countries we would be down to worry about the occasional failure of the vaccination. Much easier and solves the problem.

Last edited by lvoc; 01-30-2015 at 07:47 AM..

Old 01-30-2015, 07:36 AM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Targeting a certain ethnic group in one's hiring practices is discrimination. There is no race or ethnic group that has superior work ethics over any others and it certainly is against the law to hire illegal aliens regardless. Apparently some don't care about our laws though.

Old 01-30-2015, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Targeting a certain ethnic group in one's hiring practices is discrimination. There is no race or ethnic group that has superior work ethics over any others and it certainly is against the law to hire illegal aliens regardless. Apparently some don't care about our laws though.
Read it again. Nothing said about illegals. There is no law against believing a particular ethnic group has a higher work ethic. May in fact be true.

Old 01-30-2015, 04:25 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Read it again. Nothing said about illegals. There is no law against believing a particular ethnic group has a higher work ethic. May in fact be true.
Uh; THIS thread IS about "Illegal Immigrants working in almost every restaurant". They're def illegal aliens. Sheesh!

Old 01-30-2015, 04:39 PM

If one wants to believe something that isn't true based on their bias then I guess that is their prerogative. In the dictionary however claiming that one ethnic group/race is superior to others is the definition of racism. Just stating the facts, folks.

Old 01-30-2015, 05:04 PM

Quote:
If one wants to believe something that isn't true based on their bias then I guess that is their prerogative. In the dictionary however claiming that one ethnic group/race is superior to others is the definition of racism. Just stating the facts, folks.
And if you want to believe it is not true that is your right though I expect you have less basis for your view than they do of theirs.

The post above is specific in referring to Hispanic. They might be illegal but most are not. Same as Irish..some of whom are illegal though most are not. So there is no particular reason to infer he mean illegals.

And for goodness sake Hispanic or other ethnic groups are not races. They are ethnic groups and routinely consist of multiple races. Believing the some ethnic group work harder than others is a standard American view and may in fact be true in at least some circumstances.

Old 02-03-2015, 05:58 AM

25,455 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
I am biased, not b/c of their ethnic group, actually and honestly, I have no problem what-so-ever with anyone, race or nationality coming to America, as long as they proceed with the legality of becoming a citizen of the U.S. like my girlfriend did...that isn't racist at all...b/c there are illegals from all different countries, however, Mexicans are the greatest amount of illegals....

and the people that hire them are just as illegal...b/c they can get off paying them lessor wages then an American citizen of the U.S.

I saw my employers....several of them, take a van down to Philly and bring illegals back....

thanks Oldglory....

Old 02-03-2015, 06:25 AM

Quote:
I am biased, not b/c of their ethnic group, actually and honestly, I have no problem what-so-ever with anyone, race or nationality coming to America, as long as they proceed with the legality of becoming a citizen of the U.S. like my girlfriend did...that isn't racist at all...b/c there are illegals from all different countries, however, Mexicans are the greatest amount of illegals....

and the people that hire them are just as illegal...b/c they can get off paying them lessor wages then an American citizen of the U.S.

I saw my employers....several of them, take a van down to Philly and bring illegals back....

thanks Oldglory....

Exactly, as long as an immigrant comes here legally and assimilates I have no problem with them. However, we do need to go back to diversifying our immigration numbers because that aids in their assimilation otherwise colonization occurs instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or