U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2015, 05:27 PM

31,848 posts, read 14,662,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
It's nauseating to hear about people using illegal alien labor.

The thing is by hiring them to work on your property, they aren't licensed, bonded and insured. If they get injured while working on your property, your homeowner's insurance won't cover it. So be prepared to pay out of your own pocket for their injuries. If you refuse to do so, there are plenty of groups like La Raza, LULAC, MALDEF, Sin Fronteras, etc. who will gladly do pro bono work for the illegal. You can also bet that they will take you to the cleaners. See---that cheap labor isn't so cheap after all.

My brother has a friend who is a legal immigrant from Europe. His friend owns his own construction company. One day a homeowner, who was someone the friend had done work for before, ask him to put in a bid for a job they wanted done. He put in his bid and never heard from them again. So...one day he drove by the house and saw a bunch of illegals doing the work. It turns out that the friend was underbid by 10 thousand dollars. We all know what will come next---the work will be so shoddy that the homeowners will have to hire someone else to fix it. Most likely, they will go back to my brother's friend. In the end, the job will cost them so much more.

Illegals may work faster but they don't work smarter. It's beyond foolish to pick them up and take them into your home. Not only will they lie to you about having the necessary skills but you don't know them. The same people who won't pick up a hitchhiker have no problems picking up an illegal. Far too many people who pick up illegal alien day laborers have been robbed--or worse---been killed.
I am sure there are "some" illegal aliens who don't do shoddy work however that isn't what is important. What is important is that they have no right to work in this country nor do our citizens or legal immigrants have a right to hire them. Your points are well taken, however. There are many risks in hiring illegal aliens.

I have reiterated myself about a tract of homes across the street from me that was built by illegal alien labor and the workmanship was so shoddy that many of the homeowners walked out and left their homes after they fell apart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2015, 05:45 PM

1,372 posts, read 763,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The one you are quoting said illegal aliens not legal Hispanics. An employer has no right to hire them no matter their so-called superior work ethics. If you are trolling Home Depot for day laborers then they are more than likely illegal aliens also. So what you are doing is against the law. Apparently, you think it is ok for employers to make larger profits or cheapskate Joe Homeowner to save a buck off the backs of cheap, illegal labor while they are breaking the law to do so? These greedy employers pass their social costs unto we the taxpayer. Apparently, you're ok with that also? They are stealing jobs from Americans and reducing wages but apparently that's ok also?

I am growing very tired of this claim that non-Hispanics are inferior workers to Hispanic-Mexicans in general. It simply isn't true. Those here illegally are afraid of being deported and their job options are few so that explains why they "appear" to be better workers. I am sick of the references to "rednecked anglos" also. Do you realize how racist that sounds?

Accident of birth? Since when is being born to citizen parents an accident of birth? Being a citizen of any country gives one more rights than foreigners. Why do you have a problem with that? All countries have sovereign borders that protect the citizens of their country and they have immigration laws to do just that.
Yes, all good points. Also, nobody mentions how a vast majority of illegals from south of the US are sending back portions of their paychecks to their extended families. They send money "back home" and the people there use it to improve the economy of whatever country it is, and to save up to pay a coyote to smuggle them into the USA, where they continue the process (also going here to have an achor baby, then returning to their own country again).

They are literally bleeding our country dry of our resources.

For the most part, illegals from Latin America have no intention of assimilating with us, or becoming American citizens, it's about making money and furthering the lives of their families who all live in another country. They are not here to join us but rather to take our money. It's robbery.

Is that worth "cheap" labor, or the alleged "work ethic"? Knowing that money is barely being spent in this country and is being funneled into a foreign Latin American country? I don't think so.....

Old 02-03-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
because it just doesn't seem right that people coming in from other countries, do not have to be inoculated? They could be bringing disease into the country....and I will tell you, we've got tons of people coming in and out of India....and like someone said, they are swamped with a different strain of measles....it just seems to me, it would be a good preventative maintenance...

and I spoke with someone I work with who travels and she did say, some countries demand it, others do not...

If we're now a global nation, it just seems to be the right thing to do, to protect people.
They are bringing disease I am sure of it. Have you ever been to a 3rd world country in Latin America? I have. You have no idea how low their sanitation and hygiene standards are. It's mind blowing. There are flies everywhere, nobody picks up trash or dead animals, animal and human feces in the street. You can't even begin to imagine what it's like, and these people live like that. I was getting sick constantly with strange bugs and couldn't drink the water because there were parasites in it.

This is the kind of culture you are letting in to the USA when you have an open border. The people form this culture are cooking your food and serving it to you in these stupid restaurants that employ illegals!

Old 02-03-2015, 05:51 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,637,134 times
This goes back to the US Federal Gov and Obama refuse to enforce and follow the US Constitution.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:09 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,176,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangokiwi View Post
They are bringing disease I am sure of it. Have you ever been to a 3rd world country in Latin America? I have. You have no idea how low their sanitation and hygiene standards are. It's mind blowing. There are flies everywhere, nobody picks up trash or dead animals, animal and human feces in the street. You can't even begin to imagine what it's like, and these people live like that. I was getting sick constantly with strange bugs and couldn't drink the water because there were parasites in it.

This is the kind of culture you are letting in to the USA when you have an open border. The people form this culture are cooking your food and serving it to you in these stupid restaurants that employ illegals!
Mexico vaccinates its citizens at a level a little higher than the US does. And the recent spread of measles seems to be due to failure of the US to vaccinate its citizens.

We have met the enemy and they is us...

Old 02-03-2015, 06:14 PM

469 posts, read 731,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Crack down on business owners who hire illegals if you want to solve a problem.
Yep, totally agree.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:35 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,287,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Mexico vaccinates its citizens at a level a little higher than the US does. And the recent spread of measles seems to be due to failure of the US to vaccinate its citizens.

Yup, and the very folks doing the most complaining, only have to look in the mirror for "someone to blame". Unfortunately we're all providing welfare bennies for these deadbeat "natives", who are too lazy to do the kinda work they've come to feel is "beneath" them.

BloombergBusiness: Why Americans Won't Do Dirty Jobs

Thousands of vacant positions and hundreds of angry business owners in Alabama are staring at unpicked tomatoes, uncleaned fish, and unmade beds. “Somebody has to figure this out. The immigrants aren’t coming back to Alabama—they’re gone,” Rhodes says. “I have 158 jobs, and I need to give them to somebody.”

There’s no shortage of people he could give those jobs to. In Alabama, some 211,000 people are out of work. In rural Perry County, where Harvest Select is located, the unemployment rate is 18.2 percent, twice the national average. One of the big selling points of the immigration law was that it would free up jobs that Republican Governor Robert Bentley said immigrants had stolen from recession-battered Americans. Yet native Alabamians have not come running to fill these newly liberated positions.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post

Did you read anything I said? I didn't only talk about measles. And I am not only talking about Mexico, either. I am referring to LATIN AMERICA

Old 02-03-2015, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yup, and the very folks doing the most complaining, only have to look in the mirror for "someone to blame". Unfortunately we're all providing welfare bennies for these deadbeat "natives", who are too lazy to do the kinda work they've come to feel is "beneath" them.

BloombergBusiness: Why Americans Won't Do Dirty Jobs

Thousands of vacant positions and hundreds of angry business owners in Alabama are staring at unpicked tomatoes, uncleaned fish, and unmade beds. “Somebody has to figure this out. The immigrants aren’t coming back to Alabama—they’re gone,” Rhodes says. “I have 158 jobs, and I need to give them to somebody.”

There’s no shortage of people he could give those jobs to. In Alabama, some 211,000 people are out of work. In rural Perry County, where Harvest Select is located, the unemployment rate is 18.2 percent, twice the national average. One of the big selling points of the immigration law was that it would free up jobs that Republican Governor Robert Bentley said immigrants had stolen from recession-battered Americans. Yet native Alabamians have not come running to fill these newly liberated positions.
Ok smartass, go try to get a day labor job when competing with groups of illegal immigrant men, when many of the construction leads only speak Spanish and won't hire you because you're not Latin. Or try getting a job in a restaurant where the entire back of the house crew speaks Spanish. What are you going to do when you can't work with those people because of the language barrier?

Who do you think did all these jobs before illegals were allowed in our country? Do you think these jobs were always empty? NO! They were filled with Americans, black and white Americans. Illegals come in and secure a monopoly where they only work with and employ Spanish-speaking illegals. They are cutting Americans right out of the bottom end of the job market.

Illegals get welfare benefits too. Why do you think California is nearly bankrupt now, but wasn't before all the illegals started pouring in? They get on welfare because they can, and because often the employers that hire them know they can pay them less since they are paying them under the table. They then are assured welfare benefits. American citizens, particularly the taxpayers, are the ones who are getting played. Businesses who employ illegals pocket the savings. They are similar to Walmart, which pays it's employees so little the majority of them are on food stamps. Everyone here is bleeding the taxpayers dry. And the money the illegals make is being funneled out of our country, which hurts our economy in the long run.

Old 02-03-2015, 06:59 PM

11,574 posts, read 5,547,013 times
I have no sympathy for the farmers who lost their illegal alien workers when AL and GA got tough on illegals. Farmers have an agricultural visa program to use that has no caps on it. In fact, the farmers who used guest workers had no problems getting their crops picked. It was the sleazy farmers who refused to use the visa program and instead opted for cheap, exploitable, illegal labor that had trouble getting their crops picked.

To show you how low the lamestream media has sunk, a CBS reporter was interviewing a farmer who lost his illegals and was whining about it. Not once did the reporter ask him why he didn't use the visa program. What shoddy reporting!

As for Americans picking crops---just how does an unemployed American in an urban area get to the fields? Some don't have transportation or the car they have is unreliable. Anyone who slams Americans for not working on the farms, needs to volunteer their time and their vehicle taking the workers to the fields.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or