Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 04:13 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Has anyone here ever go to the restaurant restroom and watch a Mexican kitchen worker leave the bathroom without washing their hands?
I work for a fortune 500 company, and woman do it in our ladies room, plus they can't even flush the toilet.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 10:08 AM

1,940 posts, read 1,028,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I work for a fortune 500 company, and woman do it in our ladies room, plus they can't even flush the toilet.
They don't cook your food.

Would you trust someone that breaks into your house to do the right thing and show respect.

Old 04-12-2018, 10:33 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If there were truly an American labor shortage to do blue-collared jobs why aren't the employers begging for more visas to import more foreigners legally to do them? It's because there isn't a shortage. It's just them wanting to pay less so they hire illegal aliens. They'd have to pay a fair wage to an American or a legal immigrant. Anyone who doesn't understand this basic principle is either clueless or is in serious denial with an agenda. The latter pretty much sums up most of the pro-illegal's posts I have seen in here.
If there weren't so many illegals working in these restaurants, our high school kids could get jobs....that has been lost in this country, high school kids working and maturing....

and btw, when High school kids were working these jobs, no one complained about how little they were making....

they were supposed to learn from working, not get rich....or support a family....

Old 04-12-2018, 01:28 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,432,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heterojunction View Post
don't care who is making it as long as the food is good
You as a citizen are part of the problem!

Old 04-12-2018, 02:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Has anyone here ever go to the restaurant restroom and watch a Mexican kitchen worker leave the bathroom without washing their hands?
Actually I never have. Nor do I have any way of knowing if there is a handwashing sink or better sanitizer provided by the employer (American, I assume) back in the cooking area.

I can only assume you avoid eating out, eating any produce either grown or harvested by human beings from elsewhere, etc.

That must be tough tough tough.

I've been eating at restaurants for 5+ decades and only once remember getting sick - from food at a small well known Diner in rural Vermont. Yes, they were all white people there (it's tiny, so no one can hide)...

Old 04-12-2018, 02:58 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
If there weren't so many illegals working in these restaurants, our high school kids could get jobs....that has been lost in this country, high school kids working and maturing....

and btw, when High school kids were working these jobs, no one complained about how little they were making....

they were supposed to learn from working, not get rich....or support a family....
Andy of Mayberry was a fictional show. What they forgot to show you is how much they used the N word and how they kept "those people" from even using the same public facilities as others.

What are they supposed to learn? How to wash dishes? I worked as a dishwasher when I was 18 and I can assure you that I would have learned to wash dishes without that $1.52 cents per hour.

The reason these "illegals" are doing jobs is that the BossMan - the AMERICAN business people - want them to. They don't want their own kids or peers to do the job.

Who am I to tell a business owner what to do? Should I also stop at every construction site and inspect the work and the workers? I mind my own business.

Old 04-12-2018, 09:53 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Andy of Mayberry was a fictional show. What they forgot to show you is how much they used the N word and how they kept "those people" from even using the same public facilities as others.

What are they supposed to learn? How to wash dishes? I worked as a dishwasher when I was 18 and I can assure you that I would have learned to wash dishes without that $1.52 cents per hour.

The reason these "illegals" are doing jobs is that the BossMan - the AMERICAN business people - want them to. They don't want their own kids or peers to do the job.

Who am I to tell a business owner what to do? Should I also stop at every construction site and inspect the work and the workers? I mind my own business.
What did we learn as youths working for minimum wage manual labor jobs?
Well some of us learned work ethic.
Some of us learned the agony of the dollar and what it takes to earn money.
Some of us learned to show respect for our employers and to be grateful we had a job.
Some of us learned that there really is no such thing as a free ride.
Some of us learned to face challenge and to overcome it.
Small town America is still teaching these lessons. My son like me before him worked on the neighbor's dairy farm haying and cleaning barn. He cut grass for extra money. Yeah I can see your point. Nothing to be learned from Mayberry like towns.

Old 04-13-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Actually I never have. Nor do I have any way of knowing if there is a handwashing sink or better sanitizer provided by the employer (American, I assume) back in the cooking area.

I can only assume you avoid eating out, eating any produce either grown or harvested by human beings from elsewhere, etc.

That must be tough tough tough.

I've been eating at restaurants for 5+ decades and only once remember getting sick - from food at a small well known Diner in rural Vermont. Yes, they were all white people there (it's tiny, so no one can hide)...
Living on the Jersey Shore I watch Mexican kitchen staff use the restaurant bathroom and ignore the
"Employees Must Wash Hands" sign all the time.

Its trusting people to follow the law and show respect. Not waiting to get sick before something is done.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:57 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,373,570 times
Nearly every restaurant near here is desperate to hire staff so I would say we don’t have enough...lots of open jobs here and not enough workers to fill them.

Old 04-14-2018, 06:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Nearly every restaurant near here is desperate to hire staff so I would say we don’t have enough...lots of open jobs here and not enough workers to fill them.
Same in NJ and I am sure everywhere else. The employers in every industry are trying to make ends meet. That doesn't give people a pass on breaking the law and bad service.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration