U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2018, 09:25 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,263,615 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
Same in NJ and I am sure everywhere else. The employers in every industry are trying to make ends meet. That doesn't give people a pass on breaking the law and bad service.
No, just more evidence that all of this is a product of a broken system that goes against the laws of economics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2018, 10:33 AM

1,018 posts, read 387,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
No, just more evidence that all of this is a product of a broken system that goes against the laws of economics.
In Mexico, why else are they coming here.

Old 04-14-2018, 12:26 PM

11,550 posts, read 5,530,863 times
Quote:
Nearly every restaurant near here is desperate to hire staff so I would say we don’t have enough...lots of open jobs here and not enough workers to fill them.
There is a restaurant chain conglomerate that uses E-verify and they have no problems finding workers for all their available jobs---even BOH jobs. That said, no doubt they do have illegals working for them. When E-verify was created, Ted Kennedy would only allow it to come into existence if it wouldn't be used to screen out illegals already in the workforce

Any business that needs to hire illegals in order to exist is a diseased business that needs to die.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:30 AM

1,824 posts, read 736,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
they had Illegal Mexican's working in the restaurant kitchens, and they'd pay them under the table. Every Friday came, and I'd watch as they'd hand those guys, those little white manilla envelopes with cash in them.
These are the criminals that need to be dealt with if we ever want to fix this problem. Any employer that does this should be given heavy fines and/or jail time.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:25 PM

11,550 posts, read 5,530,863 times
Those who hire illegals do so for a reason---illegal aliens are cheap and exploitable labor. Thus they won't complain about unsafe working conditions or poor pay. I don't understand how anyone can think this is okay in any way, shape or form.

Not all illegals are sweet, innocent people who just want to work. Among their ranks are vicious gang members. Those who aren't gang members, in order to work, use stolen or fake SSNs. That fake SSN can belong to a living person who, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt. Then there are the illegals who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion.

As for employers who knowingly hire them, those employers need to be punished severely---possibly even losing their businesses.

Old 04-15-2018, 12:28 PM

1,018 posts, read 387,792 times
I keep a running list of companies but who do I give the list too?

Why don't they review the security camera footage of the stores where they stand to get picked up every morning?

Old 04-15-2018, 02:11 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,263,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Those who hire illegals do so for a reason---illegal aliens are cheap and exploitable labor. Thus they won't complain about unsafe working conditions or poor pay. I don't understand how anyone can think this is okay in any way, shape or form.

Not all illegals are sweet, innocent people who just want to work. Among their ranks are vicious gang members. Those who aren't gang members, in order to work, use stolen or fake SSNs. That fake SSN can belong to a living person who, like the ID theft victim, gets put into a world of hurt. Then there are the illegals who get paid under the table, thus engaging in tax evasion.

As for employers who knowingly hire them, those employers need to be punished severely---possibly even losing their businesses.
Speaking about them as if they were lesser than you. I don’t understand how anyone can think that is ok in any way, shape or form. And objectively they are significantly less likely to commit a crime (beyond the obvious immigration-related ones) than an American. Beyond being wrong, it is simply inaccurate to paint them as criminals.

Old 04-15-2018, 02:21 PM

1,824 posts, read 736,903 times
Quote:
Speaking about them as if they were lesser than you. I don’t understand how anyone can think that is ok in any way, shape or form. And objectively they are significantly less likely to commit a crime (beyond the obvious immigration-related ones) than an American. Beyond being wrong, it is simply inaccurate to paint them as criminals.
You say that as if there is nothing wrong with those crimes. Documentation fraud and identity theft (things that illegals do all the time and think nothing of) are serious crimes with victims.

It is not O.K to scam your way into the United States. They are criminals.

Last edited by Tritone; 04-15-2018 at 03:42 PM..

Old 04-15-2018, 05:00 PM

2,788 posts, read 905,023 times
Quote:
It’s unfortunate what a sad, angry person you are.
Why, cuz he speaks the truth?

Old 04-15-2018, 05:05 PM

2,788 posts, read 905,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionExperience View Post
I keep a running list of companies but who do I give the list too?

Why don't they review the security camera footage of the stores where they stand to get picked up every morning?
Me. I've got a blog that lists guys like these:

Amnesty Supporters:

Direct: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ty-supporters/

Indirect: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ty-supporters/

Anti-Deportation Groups and Sanctuary Cities:

Part 1: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...tation-groups/

Part 2: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...groups-part-2/

Colleges Pushing Phony Immigration Reform (both fake STEM shortage and pushing for goodies for illegals): https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ration-reform/

Day Without Immigrants Supporters (more anti-ICE guys): https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ts-supporters/

Dream Act Supporters: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...the-dream-act/

E-Verify Opponents: https://patriotmongoose.wordpress.co...ify-opponents/

(I've also got lists of companies pushing for EB-5, H-1B, L-1, HB-2, etc, visas, so it's not just illegal alien supporters that I'm after.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or