U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2018, 05:25 PM

11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Speaking about them as if they were lesser than you. I don’t understand how anyone can think that is ok in any way, shape or form. And objectively they are significantly less likely to commit a crime (beyond the obvious immigration-related ones) than an American. Beyond being wrong, it is simply inaccurate to paint them as criminals.
Well...for one thing I would never sneak into another country or overstay a visa. It would bother my conscience to do such a thing. If there was another country that I wanted to live in (which I don't want to do any such thing), I would apply to move there legally and jump through all the necessary hoops.

Illegals have to commit crimes to survive here. Their first crime was to come here illegally. Once here, they have to either commit ID theft, or use a fake SSN or get paid under the table. So, yes, they are criminals. My heart goes out to those who had their IDs stolen or discovered that someone is using their SSN but using another name with it. My heart also goes out to those who lost loved ones at the hands of illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2018, 06:09 PM

5,891 posts, read 12,247,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Well...for one thing I would never sneak into another country or overstay a visa. It would bother my conscience to do such a thing. If there was another country that I wanted to live in (which I don't want to do any such thing), I would apply to move there legally and jump through all the necessary hoops.

Illegals have to commit crimes to survive here. Their first crime was to come here illegally. Once here, they have to either commit ID theft, or use a fake SSN or get paid under the table. So, yes, they are criminals. My heart goes out to those who had their IDs stolen or discovered that someone is using their SSN but using another name with it. My heart also goes out to those who lost loved ones at the hands of illegal aliens.
Yeah, I’m guessing you really have no clue how the actual ID market works....it is far less nefarious than what your narrative suggests.

Old 04-15-2018, 10:33 PM

11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Yeah, I’m guessing you really have no clue how the actual ID market works....it is far less nefarious than what your narrative suggests.

So many native-born Puerto Ricans have been victims of ID theft that the PR government declared all PR issued birth certificates null and void. If a native-born Puerto Rican needed a copy of his/her birth certificates now s/he has to jump through hoops to get one.

There are people who have discovered that several illegal aliens were using their SSNs.

https://www.nbcnews.com/technolog/od...e-7-6C10406347

If that isn't "nefarious", then what is?

Old 04-16-2018, 09:32 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by opinionexperience View Post
they don't cook your food.

Would you trust someone that breaks into your house to do the right thing and show respect.
no.....

Old 04-17-2018, 04:33 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
craigiri Andy of Mayberry was a fictional show. What they forgot to show you is how much they used the N word and how they kept "those people" from even using the same public facilities as others.
Last time I looked this wasn't at all about race, it is in fact about people breaking our laws....illegals.

Quote:
What are they supposed to learn? How to wash dishes? I worked as a dishwasher when I was 18 and I can assure you that I would have learned to wash dishes without that $1.52 cents per hour.
well, then you lost out, unfortunately. I worked ever since I was 13 years old. Started in a Bakery, and what I learned is, there are different rules in different houses to be respected. I learned how to work with people as a team, learned how hard my mother worked 3 jobs to keep food on the table, and pay the bills. I learned how to manage money, how to be polite, as my 2nd job was waitress work at 15 years old.
I'm so sorry you were or are unable to know that concept.

Quote:
The reason these "illegals" are doing jobs is that the BossMan - the AMERICAN business people - want them to. They don't want their own kids or peers to do the job.
yupper, your right, the American businessman learned that Greed and paying illegals, makes him more money...which is why they should hold anyone accountable that hires them. I waitressed, and I saw how the owers of restaurants, pay illegals at the end of their shift or the end of the week.

Quote:
Who am I to tell a business owner what to do? Should I also stop at every construction site and inspect the work and the workers? I mind my own business.
Yes, Of course you do....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or