U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:31 PM

31,463 posts, read 14,559,147 times

Advertisements

Cracking down on the employers wouldn't solve the problem all by itself. Along with that illegal aliens need to be denied any benefits except emergency health care and birthright citizenship needs to be re-addressed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 07:33 PM

12,973 posts, read 12,134,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Cracking down on the employers wouldn't solve the problem all by itself. Along with that illegal aliens need to be denied any benefits except emergency health care and birthright citizenship needs to be re-addressed.
All you need is a Constitutional Amendment. Piece of cake.

Old 12-09-2014, 08:49 PM
Status: "Make America the Great Joke Again" (set 22 days ago)

9,059 posts, read 15,464,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In the 7 years since I joined, you guys have been saying this^^^

Sorry doesn't appear to be happening.

Probably easier just to crack down on business owners.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:01 PM

3,138 posts, read 2,049,071 times
OP,

I've seen the same thing in Florida, and the same here in NY.

It's inevitable. I'm as much against illegal immigration as you are, but unless our country mobilizes its resources and make a collective effort to crack down on it, your arguments, my arguments, and the arguments of others all equate to pissing in the ocean.

I'm curious if there are any restaurants that strictly enforce a "no illegal immigrant" policy? But I have a feeling there are none in this country. Illegal immigrants = free/cheap labor.

Old 12-09-2014, 09:15 PM

11,482 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
OP,

I'm curious if there are any restaurants that strictly enforce a "no illegal immigrant" policy? But I have a feeling there are none in this country. Illegal immigrants = free/cheap labor.
^Read my post #47. It answers your question.

In my post, I also state that these same restaurants (and other businesses) aren't allowed to run people through E-verify who were hired before it was implemented.

I commend companies who do use E-verify. That said, E-verify needs to be tweaked and neither party wants to do it, although dems are the ones who scream loudly against fixing it. For example, the way E-verify is now an illegal can name his/her anchor baby after him/herself and then use said child's SSN and E-verify won't pick that up.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
In the 7 years since I joined, you guys have been saying this^^^

Sorry doesn't appear to be happening.

Probably easier just to crack down on business owners.
Isn't happening right now but as the situation becomes more critical I suspect that those changes will occur. That doesn't mean we shouldn't crack down on the business owners because we should but I am just saying that isn't the total solution to ending illegal immigration.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erjunkee View Post
OP,

I've seen the same thing in Florida, and the same here in NY.

It's inevitable. I'm as much against illegal immigration as you are, but unless our country mobilizes its resources and make a collective effort to crack down on it, your arguments, my arguments, and the arguments of others all equate to pissing in the ocean.

Actually, at our McDonalds there is an e-verify sign right on the counter.

Old 12-10-2014, 06:38 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
lvoc Than drop the absurd example. Area 51 or Pelican Bay prison are very secure...but at huge high cost and very specific circumstance. They are quite irrelevant to our southern border. You ever been on the border in southern Arizona or at the Rio Grande? Do you even vaguely understand what you have to do to secure a few hundred miles of river used by both sides as a recreation spot?
Don't make it sound so hard, that is what they've been telling us for years, why? B/c they don't want to secure it, but, how big is Area 51...? I won't drop it, it's a good example, if they can secure Area 51, they can certainly secure our border, period.

Quote:
The border will never be secure to the extent that smugglers cannot get people across it. The question is how much money do we want to pour into limiting the number.
I'm not suggesting it will be 100% full proof, Nothing, but nothing is 100% full proof, but it certainly will indeed limit the numbers, along with revitalizing our immigration system.

Quote:
And note that almost half did not sneak across the border so border security impacts at best half the influx.
are you kidding me?

what are the reports on how many come across the border every single day?

Old 12-10-2014, 07:12 AM

12,043 posts, read 5,592,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Americans are soft. lol If we're gonna go there; illegal aliens are softer since they're NOT wanted in their countries because they're probably no good. Too; Hitler thought we were soft, a few years later we helped take down Germany and crushed Japan pretty much alone.
Sigh.....please try reading all posts before responding. I was obviously responding to creme's post, SHE is the one who called americans soft, I was simply responding to it.

Old 12-10-2014, 07:56 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,266,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh.....please try reading all posts before responding. I was obviously responding to creme's post, SHE is the one who called americans soft, I was simply responding to it.
yes, indeed, it was me, and I'll echo it again, Americans are not only soft, they are gullible and weak minded...uninformed and refuse to see the truth. They act out this existence, and allow themselves election after election to be herded to the voting booths, after being given nothing to vote for and then are told, if we don't vote, we don't do our duty?????? We;re like cattle being into the slaughter house....
and we don't even realize it, as we continue to constantly defend a corrupt washington who does nothing but appease corporations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or