U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2014, 03:34 PM

5,734 posts, read 3,183,522 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by snuffster View Post
I worked at an El Chico's restaurant in high school in the 80's. All the cooks were illegals and I think everyone of them were marijuana dealers on the side.

So what's wrong with having a second job?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 04:10 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Sigh.....please try reading all posts before responding. I was obviously responding to creme's post, SHE is the one who called americans soft, I was simply responding to it.
My bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, indeed, it was me, and I'll echo it again, Americans are not only soft, they are gullible and weak minded...uninformed and refuse to see the truth. They act out this existence, and allow themselves election after election to be herded to the voting booths, after being given nothing to vote for and then are told, if we don't vote, we don't do our duty?????? We;re like cattle being into the slaughter house....
and we don't even realize it, as we continue to constantly defend a corrupt washington who does nothing but appease corporations.
Like I told thefragile but should've said to you was we may look "weak" but; that was a huge mistake for many other "cultures" to try to get over on us. It just takes a LOT to make us US citizens mad; then we go batcrap crazy.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Americans are soft....
they did a survey, before the market crashed the last time, and so many corporate people said, I'd never do a job where My hands got dirty.

Yanno what, when you have a family to feed and bills to pay, your not above any job, including collecting trash, cleaning houses, you'll do anything to survive.

Point made
and I bet those same corporate people now would love to work at any job they could get their hands on.
I ain't "corporate" and I WILL get my hands "dirty" IF I'm being paid good money. 8 dollars an hour busting my ass doing skilled work ain't good at all; try more like 20 or more an hour.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
What state do they live in and what jobs do they do?

If they are in AZ, since E-verify is the law there, it's easier for teens and young people to find work. Go to fast food restaurants there and you will see young Americans working those jobs.

If they are in an area (such as the Heartland) that hasn't been infested with illegals, then it's clear to see why they have jobs.

Or, maybe they do jobs that require some skill plus literacy.

So, are you asking in all seriousness, what jobs have been lost to illegals?

Oh, let me see...Plenty of honest contractors in the construction fields have lost their livelihoods because they couldn't compete with sleazy contractors who hired illegals and paid under the table.

In L.A., once we got infested with illegals, they broke the janitorial unions. At one time most of those jobs were held by blacks and paid decently. Then illegals showed up in great numbers and sleazy employers figured out that they could hire illegals for cheap, thus displacing long-time American workers.

So many illegals have taken jobs in fast food restaurants in some areas that if Americans want those jobs they don't get hired because they don't speak Spanish.

I could go on but, hopefully, you get the picture.
Uh; I'm IN Arizona and we still have a big illegal alien problem here tho it's worse in Tucson, Phoenix but not bad in Prescott and so on.

Old 12-10-2014, 04:19 PM

11,485 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I'm IN Arizona and we still have a big illegal alien problem here tho it's worse in Tucson, Phoenix but not bad in Prescott and so on.
I'm sure they are still there and more are coming.

When my daughter lived in Mesa, we would go to In-n-out and Jack-in-the-Box and all the workers were young Americans. We found it so refreshing. Around here where I live, lots of times the workers barely speak English. My husband went into a McDonald's to get a breakfast sandwich. He gave his order and then said the cashier ran into the back and told a worker "No entiendo".

Old 12-11-2014, 05:23 AM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
I'm sure they are still there and more are coming.

When my daughter lived in Mesa, we would go to In-n-out and Jack-in-the-Box and all the workers were young Americans. We found it so refreshing. Around here where I live, lots of times the workers barely speak English. My husband went into a McDonald's to get a breakfast sandwich. He gave his order and then said the cashier ran into the back and told a worker "No entiendo".
What bothers me, is....
1. They do not have their shots, and many of them, especially men, do not wash their hands when visiting the rest rooms....even American men don't....well, every once in a while, you read, that there has been a hepititis outbreak and it's usually from a Restaurant....and low and behold, illegals are working the kitchens.

2. regardless of what we all think, illegal immigration is becoming a huge problem and our representatives in Washington has better do something about it but quick. Both Dems and Conservatives are responsible for this...they drag their feet and then point fingers at each other but they do nothing when they gain power....why? And people don't see this, it really angers me, that Americans are so misinformed and forget, that this problem existed years and years ago, and still nothing has been done about it.

3. There are laws on the books, and every politician and many Americans ignore the laws....both small and large, which proves over the years to be a trickle down effect. At the time, little laws may seem unimportant, however, breaking little laws is the beginning of blooming into something huge that over time, may be uncontrollable.

Laws may not always seem fair, but they are there for a reason, and when laws are ignored, chaos takes over....

Old 12-11-2014, 06:59 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Quote:
How do you know that those workers didn't tell her that they were Mexicans?
Hah!
Most Mexicans will readily admit they are from Mexico, most other Latinos will be insulted if mistaken for Mexicans.

Now why is that?

Old 12-11-2014, 07:48 AM

23,599 posts, read 31,143,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
How do you tell a Honduran etc from a Mexican?
They have different accents.

Old 12-11-2014, 09:38 AM

12,043 posts, read 5,595,428 times
Quote:
And you would get in trouble for discrimination. Plus you are painting all Americans with a broad brush, just as you are with foreign-born workers.

That American you would refuse to hire could have turned out to be a great worker. While that foreign-born worker could have turned out to be a lazy, dishonest worker.

Either way, I would hope that you would at least make an effort to hire those who are legally authorized to work in this country and would use E-verify.
And you are discriminating if you would not hire hispanics because obviously you incorrectly assume that each one is illegal.

Old 12-11-2014, 12:14 PM

25,454 posts, read 23,273,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
And you are discriminating if you would not hire hispanics because obviously you incorrectly assume that each one is illegal.
if you hire them you can ask them if you can see their papers.....
it isn't discriminating to want to protect yourself and your business....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or