Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 11:57 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I'm worried about the entire mess our country has created with this illegal horse manure

I don't believe any American is against someone coming to this country and starting a new life, but in order to do that, you have to become a member of society....and illegals refuse...and yes, I'm worried about disease, especially if they all work in restaurants....

plus it is illegal what the owners are doing by paying them under the table....and that is why no president is doing anything about this.....

there are all kinds of illegals here, not just Mexicans.....they are from all different countries and it's getting out of hand....

what worries me, is it is a trickle down effect....one thing effects another and another in a very negative way....

this thread is about restaurant workers and illegals in general.....

and yes, disease is a big worry, they are working with our food....

I remember one meat factory near where I live was closed down due to food contamination....and I wouldn't worry so much if inspections were as strict as they used to be, but they are no longer nearly as strict.
But I do not get where you're correlating illegals working in the kitchen to disease. What about normal every day variety americans? Why are you not worried about THEM carrying disease?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2014, 11:59 AM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 27 days ago)

27,647 posts, read 16,129,622 times
modern day slavery with a chance of modern day unscreened 3rd world disease

Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
before anything is done, you have to secure the borders...but they won't and people who suggest they can't are just dumb, b/c if they can secure hanger 51 in the NV dessert all these years, they can certainly secure our borders...and this didn't just start with Obama, this started many many years ago....and Bush did nothing after 911, nothing....why ?
Area 51 is a hundred miles from anywhere. Has mostly inaccessible borders and has problem 10 to 20 times the security staff of the US border. It also has no river borders with cities on both sides.

Area 51 also has virtually no one trying to get in. The only ones would be spies or kooks. Neither is available in any quantity and, if the spies did penetrate, how would you know?

Just think about Texas and the Texans when you tell them they can no longer use the Rio Grande....

Old 12-09-2014, 12:05 PM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
But I do not get where you're correlating illegals working in the kitchen to disease. What about normal every day variety americans? Why are you not worried about THEM carrying disease?
because they come here illegal...say they come in from any other country, they don't have the necessary shots...and they do carry disease....which they are immune to, but some of us are not....and believe me, the disease is only one part of it.

They work with our foods, wash our dishes.....and in my area, I cannot tell you how many times, restaurants came down with hepititus....(spelling?) And it's always illegals, but the media never reports it....

they don't have their shots....they can't even speak english, and the owners don't care, b/c they get cheap labor....and pay them under the table.

I saw this with my own eyes...and the owners even drove them back and forth from Philly....and if one didn't show up for work, there was always another waiting at the pick up to come in to work.

The envelopes were not marked with names...they didn't even know they're names...and I bet, if any virus breaks out, it will be from that...b/c they are not vaccinated against these diseases.

and maybe I'm wrong, just something I've been thinking about....

but this is just one small detail of the entire problem.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:07 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They get paid in cash.

Bet their are some legal American teens who might like some of those jobs.
Indeed. Interesting that older generations bemoan the lack of a work ethic among Millennials (and Gen Z) when coincidentally they have grown up in one of the longest and largest periods of illegal (and legal) migration in US history...and many of those immigrants are taking the very jobs that used to go to teens getting their feet wet in the labor market.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Area 51 is a hundred miles from anywhere. Has mostly inaccessible borders and has problem 10 to 20 times the security staff of the US border. It also has no river borders with cities on both sides.

Area 51 also has virtually no one trying to get in. The only ones would be spies or kooks. Neither is available in any quantity and, if the spies did penetrate, how would you know?

Just think about Texas and the Texans when you tell them they can no longer use the Rio Grande....
If we can do it for Area 51, we can make our borders as secure....with sensors, cameras, wall, electric fences....it can be done and no one can tell me otherwise, you can also fly drones along the border....there are ways....in this day and age with our technology....give me a break.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
They get paid in cash.

Bet their are some legal American teens who might like some of those jobs.
When I was a kid, waitressing and I waitressed for many years after that....there were boys working in our kitchens, they were bus boys, dish washers, and stockers....and now it's all illegals.

Yes, indeed, years ago teenagers worked to get what they wanted, b/c parents couldn't afford it.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:12 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,800,908 times
Quote:
If we can do it for Area 51, we can make our borders as secure....with sensors, cameras, wall, electric fences....it can be done and no one can tell me otherwise, you can also fly drones along the border....there are ways....in this day and age with our technology....give me a break.
Sure it is easy. We just evacuate anyone within 100 miles of the border. Then we establish a security perimeter 10 or 15 miles in diameter...and that we can easily keep free of illegals.

I think it will be really interesting to find out how you plan to evacuate southern CA and southern TX.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:16 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
When I was a kid, waitressing and I waitressed for many years after that....there were boys working in our kitchens, they were bus boys, dish washers, and stockers....and now it's all illegals.

Yes, indeed, years ago teenagers worked to get what they wanted, b/c parents couldn't afford it.
I worked in a restaurant when I was 16. Babysat when I was 17 (so I could study after the kids went to sleep). Taught me the value of a dollar and how much you have to work to actually earn money.

That restaurant's still in my old neighborhood. 100% of the staff is now Latino. Don't know what their immigration status is, but none of them appear to be teenagers. Sad that teens no longer have that opportunity.

As for the babysitters in the old 'hood...most people now use Hispanic nannies.

Old 12-09-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
Sure it is easy. We just evacuate anyone within 100 miles of the border. Then we establish a security perimeter 10 or 15 miles in diameter...and that we can easily keep free of illegals.

I think it will be really interesting to find out how you plan to evacuate southern CA and southern TX.
Please......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration