U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2014, 10:33 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,086,609 times

Advertisements

I love how they use "reform" over and over and over.

It's amnesty plain and simple with NO reform at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2014, 11:03 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,145,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
We may have some lazy Americans but that has nothing to do with why we have an illegal immigration problem. The reason is simply because the employers are using them to increase their profits. I get tired of hearing about lazy Americans being the problem when it is not. I know several young Americans desperately looking for a job and several adult Americans who have been run off their jobs by illegal aliens and Americans that can't get a job because they don't speak Spanish. Time we stop with the mistruths here. Other than that I completely agree with you.
I did say that we have an immigration problem because of lazy Americans. But, we have plenty of lazy Americans, young ones that are able. Used to go up the hill to shop Wal-Mart the first week of the month, passed 2 or 3 places hiring unskilled labor with big signs out front. Then, you get mama with boyfriend, her Vision card and her WIC coupons........... Saw it until I couldn't shop until they were broke for the month. I am saying that they constantly cry about not having workers but as long as public assistance pays better, and it does, we won't have workers to fill lower paying jobs.

Would we would rather get free money, free groceries, free health insurance, stay in bed until noon everyday and go out and get breakfast or work for a living? Unfortunately, integrity and having a long line of ancestors with a good work ethic makes that not a choice for us.

The combination of e-verify, kick their butts back across the border combined with getting the able citizens off their butts and public assistance would put us back in business. It is all about butts!

Old 12-11-2014, 02:33 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I did say that we have an immigration problem because of lazy Americans. But, we have plenty of lazy Americans, young ones that are able. Used to go up the hill to shop Wal-Mart the first week of the month, passed 2 or 3 places hiring unskilled labor with big signs out front. Then, you get mama with boyfriend, her Vision card and her WIC coupons........... Saw it until I couldn't shop until they were broke for the month. I am saying that they constantly cry about not having workers but as long as public assistance pays better, and it does, we won't have workers to fill lower paying jobs.

Would we would rather get free money, free groceries, free health insurance, stay in bed until noon everyday and go out and get breakfast or work for a living? Unfortunately, integrity and having a long line of ancestors with a good work ethic makes that not a choice for us.

The combination of e-verify, kick their butts back across the border combined with getting the able citizens off their butts and public assistance would put us back in business. It is all about butts!
There are plenty of Americans that are not eligible for government freebies and that want to work. Again, there is no lack of American workers willing to do blue-collared jobs for a fair wage but can't find a job due to illegals being preferred or that they don't speak Spanish. Of course all able bodied Americans should be required to work but not willing to doing so is not the reason we have an illegal immigration problem because we have more willing workers than we do welfare kings and queens.

Old 12-11-2014, 08:24 PM

4 posts, read 3,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This is a response from one of my senators---the one that barely got re-elected this time around. You would think he would take a hint. Yet he continues to support that nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill that puts illegals ahead of Americans:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for contacting me regarding our nation's immigration system.

I have heard from thousands of Virginians and met with hundreds of groups and individuals on the state of our immigration system and the vital need for reforms that meet our security and economic needs. A piecemeal approach will not be sufficient. A comprehensive review of our nation's immigration laws is necessary.

In June 2013, I voted for the Senate's strongly bipartisan, comprehensive immigration reform package (S. 744), which passed on a 68-32 vote. I was proud to support this bill, which would strengthen our nation's borders to curb future illegal immigration, reform our visa program, and find a practical solution for the millions of illegal immigrants currently residing in the United States. However, the House of Representatives has refused to bring up the bipartisan reform package or propose an alternative solution.

On November 20, 2014, the Obama Administration announced a number of executive actions that address border security, the current unlawfully present population, and future legal immigration. While I understand President Obama's decision to take executive action, I do not believe that it represents a permanent solution. Only legislative action can provide the security and predictability that our communities and our country deserve.

I hope the House of Representatives will consider immigration reform and then work collaboratively with the Senate to resolve the differences. To do this, we will have to set aside partisan differences and have honest discussions on what works and what does not. This won't be an easy process, but comprehensive immigration reform is vital to our nation's security and economic success.

Again, thank you for contacting me. For further information or to sign up for my newsletter please visit my website at http://www.warner.senate.gov

Sincerely,
MARK R. WARNER
United States Senator
Now you how Republican Californians feel.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:17 PM

18,606 posts, read 13,752,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Do you even know what is in this nightmare of a so-called immigration reform bill? Take a look at this:

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bill-g...221300301.html

Did you also know that if an illegal has up to 3 DUI convictions, s/he is still eligible for amnesty under this bill?

Did you also know that E-verify won't be the law of the land for another 5 years after the bill's passage (heaven forbid it would ever pass!)?

Did you also know that this bill forgives illegals for committing ID theft? Meanwhile if an American or legal immigrant commits ID theft, s/he goes to jail.

So, you're proud to have voted for someone who puts illegal aliens ahead of the millions of suffering underemployed and unemployed American citizens, in addition to giving the finger to those who obey our immigration laws and patiently awaited their turn to come here?
Dam right. They shouldn't be passing anything with out protecting Americans first, before anything else. Same as letting legal aliens in such as ISIS fighters(Terrorists) from Somalia, or Chechnia.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:20 PM

18,606 posts, read 13,752,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I love how they use "reform" over and over and over.

It's amnesty plain and simple with NO reform at all.
It's a Sham, Shuck and Jive, a shell game. Everyone knows its a crock but if the CIC repeats it enough it's all good with his supporters.

Old 12-12-2014, 06:45 PM

19,189 posts, read 14,145,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are plenty of Americans that are not eligible for government freebies and that want to work. Again, there is no lack of American workers willing to do blue-collared jobs for a fair wage but can't find a job due to illegals being preferred or that they don't speak Spanish. Of course all able bodied Americans should be required to work but not willing to doing so is not the reason we have an illegal immigration problem because we have more willing workers than we do welfare kings and queens.
Send your blue collar unemployed to Kansas as we have jobs where they e-verify. "Fair wage"? Well, the wages are much better where they do e-verify. Blue-collar starts at $10.00 to $12.00 an hour but pretty much stays at that level. Where they don't e-verfiy, you're looking at $7.25 to $8.00 an hour. Not sure what they get at the meat processing plants out in western KS. We have a lower cost of living. The situation here is unique because people are leaving the state, dying of old age and the state is becoming more dependent on illegals maintaining the population and that they do in high fashion!

So many issues in our state can be traced to the illegal population.

Old 12-12-2014, 07:01 PM

11,582 posts, read 5,559,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
The situation here is unique because people are leaving the state, dying of old age and the state is becoming more dependent on illegals maintaining the population and that they do in high fashion!

So many issues in our state can be traced to the illegal population.
But that's what the libs want! They want millions of illegals here because, according to them, Americans aren't making enough babies. The libs claim that unless millions of illegals come here, the economy will go in the toilet

The funny thing is that in the 60s and 70s, libs were all about ZPG (zero population growth). They were worried about the environment, green living and not running out of potable water. Some libs didn't have kids because they worried about overpopulation and how it would affect the planet.

So...here we are today. We are running out of potable water, our infrastructure is crumbling and there isn't the money to repair it, let alone add to it. We are losing lots of farmland and green space. Traffic gets worse by the day. Places like Phoenix and Tucson rely on underground aquifers for their water supply and even the experts have no idea how long the water in them will last. Yet, libs are pushing for more and more people to come to this country.

Meanwhile, illegals are destroying communities and schools. The elitists don't know and/or don't care because it isn't happening in their neighborhoods.

Sometimes, to me, it seems like watching a train wreck about to happen and being helpless to stop it

Old 12-23-2014, 02:13 AM

6,307 posts, read 4,190,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spencer114 View Post
Makes me proud to have voted for him.
Emotion has no place in immigration policy. We need pragmatic reform and this seems like a good, albeit tiny, first step.
Another teet sucking entitlement voter? I agree so you should do the research on the damage illegals cause to the programs liberals live off of and the wages conservatives make to pay for them.
Eventually the teet of entitlements will run out of milk because conservative wages drop and we add millions more illegals to the milking station.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration