U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:03 PM

13,387 posts, read 16,200,288 times

Advertisements

It is time to change from "You might be a REDNECK" to "You might be aTRUE AMERICAN!"

Only it isn't not seen as HUMOR, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE!

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You stand, remove your hat and place your hand over your heart when they play the National Anthem.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You treat our vets with great respect, and always have.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never burned an American flag in protest, (but only to properly retire it))

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You know what you believe and you aren't afraid to say so, no matter who is listening.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You'd give your last dollar to a friend.

If you read this, it is because you, like me, have just enough TRUE AMERICAN in us to have the same beliefs as those talked about .

God Bless the U S A ! Amen

AND PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO SING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM IN ENGLISH

God Bless the U S A ! Amen

courtesy of "Brian Basset"

Last edited by mkfarnam; 01-04-2008 at 07:18 PM..

Old 01-04-2008, 07:07 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,042,156 times
Guess I'm a TRUE AMERICAN, and damn proud of it.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:10 PM

10,716 posts, read 31,030,974 times
Evidently I'm not a true American in spite of having been born and raised here.

Its a sad sad thing when a group of right wing fundies can make such an arrogant claim as the one I read here.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post

Its a sad sad thing when a group of right wing fundies can make such an arrogant claim
Quote:
as the one I read here
Which is?

If anyone pertains to you, your a True American.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:18 PM

751 posts, read 844,905 times
Separation of church and state- One of the most fundamental American ideals. I do not understand how not standing up for this principle would make someone not a "True American". Religion has no place in public or governmental affairs, PERIOD! Secondly, the thing about putting your hand over your chest, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the Constitution that makes it mandatory, it is a sign of respect but people have different feelings about patriotism. Patriotism cannot in any way be shoved down someone's throats. Redneck America feels a lot like North Korea or Iraq. Long live freedom of thought and expression.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:21 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
Separation of church and state- One of the most fundamental American ideals. I do not understand how not standing up for this principle would make someone not a "True American". Religion has no place in public or governmental affairs, PERIOD! Secondly, the thing about putting your hand over your chest, there is ABSOLUTELY nothing in the Constitution that makes it mandatory, it is a sign of respect but people have different feelings about patriotism. Patriotism cannot in any way be shoved down someone's throats. Redneck America feels a lot like North Korea or Iraq. Long live freedom of thought and expression.
There is no language "separation of church and state" in either the Constitution or Bill or Rights.

And, with respect, you know nothing about showing respect to American or Americans - you showed that when you said our men and women in uniform were stupid

Old 01-04-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
It is time to change from "You might be a REDNECK" to "You might be aTRUE AMERICAN!"

Only it isn't not seen as HUMOR, but the correct way to LIVE YOUR LIFE!

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: It never occurred to you to be offended by the phrase, 'One nation, under God.'

I find the god reference offensive and it was not a part of the original pledge, it should be removed.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You've never protested about seeing the 10 Commandments posted in public places.

Seperation of church and state, should go both ways, the ten commandments are fine to display in your church if you choose but they have NO place in government buildings.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You still say 'Christmas' instead of 'Winter Festival.'

I don't care about this because I know the origins of Christmas are not christian anyway. I do however want to be sensetive to people who are not christian and usually say happy holidays instead if I am not aware of their background.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You bow your head when someone prays.

I do not bow my head when someone prays but I would not do anything to distract either because I have respect for other peoples religion, whether it be a jewish person, a christian or a muslim.

>You might be a TRUE AMERICAN if: You respect your elders and expect your kids to do the same.

I respect people who have earned it, age has nothing to do with it.
Its unfortunate you can't be more openminded.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:29 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Easy there folks.

Suffice to say I can respect all of the posters' points of view here..............

Old 01-04-2008, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Quote:
Its a sad sad thing when a group of right wing fundies can make such an arrogant claim as the one I read here.

Being a True American is not manditory either.

But if you take offense to the whole list,,,,,I guess your right.

Old 01-04-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Being a True American is not manditory either.

But if you take offense to the whole list,,,,,I guess your right.
Well if you would take a moment to read my second post you would see its not your whole list but some of them I find offensive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or