U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 08:48 AM

18,794 posts, read 13,579,606 times

Advertisements

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWU-hvcpwmc

Sen. Durbin is wrong on almost everything. I should know, I was friends with his son Dickie in high school. Dickie Durbin used to give me a ride home from time to time in his vintage blue Triumph coupe. But Sen. Durbin is right on this. Sooner or later the GOP is going to have to come around to the truth that we do not wish to boot an Ayded Reyes out of this land. Any immigration reform has to provide a way for her and others like her to remain in the USA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2014, 09:33 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

Sen. Durbin is wrong on almost everything. I should know, I was friends with his son Dickie in high school. Dickie Durbin used to give me a ride home from time to time in his vintage blue Triumph coupe. But Sen. Durbin is right on this. Sooner or later the GOP is going to have to come around to the truth that we do not wish to boot an Ayded Reyes out of this land. Any immigration reform has to provide a way for her and others like her to remain in the USA.
Why? Our immigration laws state that they should be deported. Allowing them to remain here under the inaccurate term of reform is indeed amnesty. They have done nothing that warrants that. We need the jobs they are holding, they will continue to be a burden to our society, rewarding lawbreakers never makes sense and we don't need the added population growth added permanently to our society that continues to dilute our social and natural resources.

Old 12-19-2014, 10:36 PM

3,936 posts, read 5,447,388 times
I didn't watch the video because I'm so sick of the illegals sob stories. What about the American citizens stories about being replaced in their jobs to illegals? About the families whose loved ones have been killed by illegals? However, I don't need to watch the video to know this - if they are here illegally, they should be deported. They're criminals. What about the person who steals food for his children because they have no money? The judge wouldn't think anything of separating them from their children because they committed a crime, and went to jail. I get tired of hearing the illegals crying about being separated from their kids. Take your kids and go back to your own country and get together and call for change over there. It's not going to get better there if you don't do something about it!

The American government is hindering, not helping all of these illegals with their benefits that most Americans will never see.

ETA: If Ayded Reyes is here illegally, we do wish to "boot" her out of this land.

Old 12-19-2014, 11:52 PM

11,435 posts, read 15,943,293 times
Quote:

She is very accomplished for sure. But if we legalize everybody like her, what about our homegrown American -born kids? Added is knocking one of them out of all of these scholarships/opportunities, isn't she? Why can't politicians ever put Americans first?

Old 12-20-2014, 04:27 AM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:

Uh; for every "Ayded Reyes" out there; 100 illegal aliens ARE trouble, just deport them all. WE have plenty of US citizens and legal aliens who can do stuff. Better yet: let someone step up and sponsor Reyes; if no 1 will do that, that person wasn't that important and just go back home. Period.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why? Our immigration laws state that they should be deported. Allowing them to remain here under the inaccurate term of reform is indeed amnesty. They have done nothing that warrants that. We need the jobs they are holding, they will continue to be a burden to our society, rewarding lawbreakers never makes sense and we don't need the added population growth added permanently to our society that continues to dilute our social and natural resources.
She was brought here as an infant (18 months, IIRC) and thus had no opportunity to exercise volition in the matter. How can someone be classed as a lawbreaker w/o volition? That makes no sense.

She is on a track to become an MD, and is hardly going to be a burden to our society. We have to have an immigration reform policy that keeps an Ayded Reyes here where she belongs. We need just a couple simple things for immigration reform: a) border security b) a reasonable way to deal with illegal immigrants who are already here. Deporting Ayded Reyes is not reasonable.

Old 12-20-2014, 06:48 AM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
She was brought here as an infant (18 months, IIRC) and thus had no opportunity to exercise volition in the matter. How can someone be classed as a lawbreaker w/o volition? That makes no sense.

She is on a track to become an MD, and is hardly going to be a burden to our society. We have to have an immigration reform policy that keeps an Ayded Reyes here where she belongs. We need just a couple simple things for immigration reform: a) border security b) a reasonable way to deal with illegal immigrants who are already here. Deporting Ayded Reyes is not reasonable.
Doesn't matter she is in this country illegally. Why should she or her parents be rewarded or benefit from their lawbreaking? After these kids brought here illegally reach the age of 18 then it is their responsibility to do the right thing. The right thing is to return to their homeland and apply to come back legally. The line doesn't start on our soil.

It doesn't even matter what her accomplishments are. She should still be returned to her homeland and as I said apply to come back legally. No, she doesn't belong here. Her citizenship is in another country and there is a legal process to go thru to "belong here". Allowing her or any other illegal aliens to remain here isn't reform, it's amnesty. Yes deporting her so she will have to follow the legal process is reasonable.

Are you suggesting that we write new laws (reform) that would allow future illegal aliens to remain here just because they manage to breach our borders? What's the difference between those who have already done that and any future ones that would? Why would so-called "reform" be a one time thing? That's not reforming our laws. Sorry, but any new law would and should include making illegal immigration, illegal just as it is now. The only reasonable solution is in the laws we already have....enforce them.

Think of what a precedence would be set by our laws being changed so that children brought here illegally by their parents would be allowed to stay. We'd have a flood of illegal aliens doing just that so that their kids could remain here legally and even gain our citizenship. It would just be another incentive to have illegal aliens flood our borders.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:51 AM

3,847 posts, read 3,161,032 times
Just great!

Just 1 example as opposed to the literal millions of gangbangers, taggers, teenage single moms/ welfare cases, run of the mill criminals, HS dropout losers and all the assorted other problems that they bring and your 1 sterling example is an excuse for ALL the rest and more????

EPIC FAIL !!!!

Old 12-21-2014, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Just great!

Just 1 example as opposed to the literal millions of gangbangers, taggers, teenage single moms/ welfare cases, run of the mill criminals, HS dropout losers and all the assorted other problems that they bring and your 1 sterling example is an excuse for ALL the rest and more????

EPIC FAIL !!!!
There are others out there like her, however. By blocking reasonable handling of cases like hers, the anti-illegal-immigration forces are actually providing cover for the gangbangers, single moms, etc. If we could get a deal thru congress (not just an exec order) that could allow an Ayded Reyes to remain here, we might be able to get strong measures to send the gang bangers and single moms back to their home countries.

Politics is the art of compromise. If you demand all or nothing, you get nothing every time. Especially if parts of what you are demanding are patently unreasonable. Deporting a kid who was brought here and 18-months-old, and has become a model citizen, is patently unreasonable.

Old 12-21-2014, 12:43 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:
There are others out there like her, however. By blocking reasonable handling of cases like hers, the anti-illegal-immigration forces are actually providing cover for the gangbangers, single moms, etc. If we could get a deal thru congress (not just an exec order) that could allow an Ayded Reyes to remain here, we might be able to get strong measures to send the gang bangers and single moms back to their home countries.

Politics is the art of compromise. If you demand all or nothing, you get nothing every time. Especially if parts of what you are demanding are patently unreasonable. Deporting a kid who was brought here and 18-months-old, and has become a model citizen, is patently unreasonable.
Reyes is a citizen of Mexico, NOT the US. Like I said before; IF she was really wanted here, someone would've stepped up and sponsored her to stay. Since that hasn't happened; she ain't wanted so she needs to just leave or be arrested then deported.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or