Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-03-2014, 06:14 PM

62,952 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas is leading a 17-state coalition that sued the Obama administration on Wednesday over its executive order to ease the threat of deportation for some 4.7 million undocumented immigrants, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.
The case filed at the Federal Court in the Southern District of Texas said the executive order was unlawful.

States sue Obama administration on immigration: Texas attorney general
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-03-2014, 06:20 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
AUSTIN, Texas (Reuters) - Texas is leading a 17-state coalition that sued the Obama administration on Wednesday over its executive order to ease the threat of deportation for some 4.7 million undocumented immigrants, Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott said.
The case filed at the Federal Court in the Southern District of Texas said the executive order was unlawful.

States sue Obama administration on immigration: Texas attorney general
Things are hitting the fan IMHO. The midterms hoedown 3 weeks ago would've tipped off most pro amnesty politicians and business owners they best start taking care of business.

Old 12-03-2014, 08:23 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,379,835 times
According to another article, the 17 states are as follows:

[SIZE=2]The federal lawsuit involves the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

[/SIZE]

UPDATE: 17-state coalition sues over amnesty order

I guess Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri aren't on board with this. Odd, I would have thought they'd be on the list.

Old 12-04-2014, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janellen View Post
According to another article, the 17 states are as follows:

[SIZE=2]The federal lawsuit involves the following states: Alabama, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, North Carolina, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, West Virginia and Wisconsin.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][/SIZE]
UPDATE: 17-state coalition sues over amnesty order

I guess Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri aren't on board with this. Odd, I would have thought they'd be on the list.
Perhaps they just haven't committed to it yet but might down the line.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:08 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,876,431 times
Only ONE border state out of the whole bunch at this point.

That one does surprise me--I wouldn't expect liberal illegal-alien loving California to go along with this, but I was really surprised that AZ and possibly NM didn't. Susana Martinez (NM gov) tried to get NM to stop issuing drivers' licenses to illegal aliens.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Only ONE border state out of the whole bunch at this point.

That one does surprise me--I wouldn't expect liberal illegal-alien loving California to go along with this, but I was really surprised that AZ and possibly NM didn't. Susana Martinez (NM gov) tried to get NM to stop issuing drivers' licenses to illegal aliens.
I am surprised about AZ also. I would have thought they would be one of the 17 states. It doesn't surprise me in the least that NM isn't one of the 17 states. They have a large Hispanic populace.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:07 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Disappointing that Greg Abbott is calling the system "broken." The only broken thing about it is that we are not enforcing the law. If anything, our laws are too lax and too generous.

Old 12-04-2014, 08:50 AM

3,875 posts, read 3,871,171 times
Great news !!!

The push back to the a$$ clown in the whitehouse has started. It's only downhill for Obama now.

Another footnote in his legacy of failure.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:56 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,555,443 times
Obama will defend his action starting with calling all who oppose it racists.

Then he will claim that only he knows best what is good for the country and those objecting to his actions are doing so because he is black.

At that point he will probably start re-education camps and try to have all that call him on his illegal actions committed to them.

After, that is how a dictator works.

Old 12-04-2014, 07:33 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,137,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
Obama will defend his action starting with calling all who oppose it racists.

Then he will claim that only he knows best what is good for the country and those objecting to his actions are doing so because he is black.

At that point he will probably start re-education camps and try to have all that call him on his illegal actions committed to them.

After, that is how a dictator works.
And he probably will send his pet weasel, Eric Holder, to run those camps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration