Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 02:36 PM

1,252 posts, read 1,046,936 times

Advertisements

The Democrats voted to ban Mexican trucking programs pushed by the Bush administration.

By enacting legislation last year which denied funding for any program which would establish the Mexican trucking programs Bush wanted, Congress clearly showed their intent to continue the ban on Mexican trucking,

.....clearly expressing their intent to categorically stop Bush's plan for Mexican trucking being allowed to skirt transportation and safety laws.

Bush, and his cronies he appointed to the US Dept of Transportation, have defied Congress, and went ahead with their program to allow Mexican trucking in the US.

11 Mexican trucking companies have already been given permits by Bush and his DOT cronies, those Mexican trucking companies now operate in the US, they now are allowed to operate outside of our own laws.

The Democrats, who banned proposed Mexican trucking in the past, and who who have continued to support trade protections for US interests from being eliminated by Republican sponsored Free Trade treaties, have now had the laws they enacted ignored by Bush and his cronies.

American interests be damned, Bush and his ilk have another agenda.

What is that interest, you might ask?

Under Bush's program, up to 100 Mexican companies could be granted permits for travel into the U.S. over the next year alone.

The agreement also allows 100 U.S. companies to send their trucks into Mexico.

Four U.S. companies with a total of 41 trucks have now been cleared to travel into the Mexican interior.

And there's the rub, anyone want to guess who owns those four trucking concerns?

Anyone want to bet the quid pro quo is a direct benefit for Bush and his corporate cronies?

Once again, the Republicans are shown to be enabling the very thing Republican voters claim they don't support.

One might ask just who it is that's being manipulated by the Republicans again, .....I hear lots of tough talk from Republican candidates and their supporters,

.........but when you look at the actions, the actions don't match the rhetoric.

The Republicans, and those who support them, have once again shown their true intent and interests.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2008, 03:05 PM

1,736 posts, read 4,742,958 times
This is all I have to say about that.

YouTube - The Guy from Boston - Mexican Truck Driver

Old 01-05-2008, 03:13 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,060 times
I don't think you're going to find too many people that disagree that W is an idiot. You also won't find too many people who don't think majority of the blame for the illegal immigrant problem is because of the government allowing it and/or supporting it. But as far as Democrat or Republican, both sides have too many people that are full of it or who push their own agendas, it's not just one.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:16 PM

8,002 posts, read 18,601,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post

LOL ~ Is he running? LOL

I say the mob should run this country

Old 01-05-2008, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNC View Post

I like him.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimpleMan View Post
I don't think you're going to find too many people that disagree that W is an idiot. You also won't find too many people who don't think majority of the blame for the illegal immigrant problem is because of the government allowing it and/or supporting it. But as far as Democrat or Republican, both sides have too many people that are full of it or who push their own agendas, it's not just one.
The only excuse I have ever been able to come up with as to why Jorge Bush acts the way he does is that he thinks he was elected President of Mexico instead of the US.

Old 01-05-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Quite simply ignoring the reality to fit some pre-supposed opinion not backed up by the facts.

It makes no difference if someone thinks GW is an idiot, that's not the point.

The illegal immigrant problem, as you call it, is a direct result of Republican sponsored and Republican promoted policies which were not the same as the Democrats proposed policies.

In this case, as in most cases, the two stances are directly opposed.

The facts clearly show this, and your attempt to attribute equivalence of one with the other is disingenuous,

.....but what can one expect when trying to justify past support for that which is not in one's own interests?

Make it look as if there was no choice, ....even if it's not true, it might make the bad taste seem as if it's not so bitter, eh?

Old 01-05-2008, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Quite simply ignoring the reality to fit some pre-supposed opinion not backed up by the facts.

It makes no difference if someone thinks GW is an idiot, that's not the point.

The illegal immigrant problem, as you call it, is a direct result of Republican sponsored and Republican promoted policies which were not the same as the Democrats proposed policies.

In this case, as in most cases, the two stances are directly opposed.

The facts clearly show this, and your attempt to attribute equivalence of one with the other is disingenuous,

.....but what can one expect when trying to justify past support for that which is not in one's own interests?

Make it look as if there was no choice, ....even if it's not true, it might make the bad taste seem as if it's not so bitter, eh?
Here you are saying that ALL the illegal immigration problem is the fault of republicans (which is complete BS) and you have blacknight04 in another thread stating all the democratic candidates advocate open borders, some form of amnesty, and posts polls that illegal immigration is a miniscule issue to democrats, so which is it? Oh yeah, democrats flip-flop their position so often you both have probably been right at one time. That's why I'm registered as an Independant.

Old 01-05-2008, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Here you are saying that ALL the illegal immigration problem is the fault of republicans (which is complete BS) and you have blacknight04 in another thread stating all the democratic candidates advocate open borders, some form of amnesty, and posts polls that illegal immigration is a miniscule issue to democrats, so which is it? Oh yeah, democrats flip-flop their position so often you both have probably been right at one time. That's why I'm registered as an Independant.
It doesn't matter what you're registered as, you're being an apologist for, and you're running interference for the Republicans who brought us Reagan's Amnesty plan, the NAFTA treaties, and the lack of enforcement of our laws.

Nowhere did I state what you wish to attribute to me, but what is fact is irrefutable.

You wishing to pass off what I've documented by comparing my points with someone else is just a weak attempt on your part to ignore the facts.

That you don't like the facts is evident, ....that you wish to divert attention from the facts is also evident.

Makes one wonder what you might gain from trying to cover up or muddle the truth?

Clearly, despite claiming to be 'independent', ......you appear to support the status quo, and the suppression of the facts, lest they be known for just what they are.......

Old 01-05-2008, 05:20 PM

3,943 posts, read 6,371,184 times
Default Lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
The only excuse I have ever been able to come up with as to why Jorge Bush acts the way he does is that he thinks he was elected President of Mexico instead of the US.
So true........................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration