Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 09:52 AM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
My belief is that thinking they will all self-deport is as absurd as believing our government has the actual resources and abilities to enforce the immigration laws to remove even 10% of the illegals. Stopping it at the border is more realistic, after all, you can pretty clearly identify that a person running across the border more than likely is not a legal citizen. However walk around the street in Anytown USA and point out with the same accuracy who is legal.
I love it- we can't POSSIBLY do anything about the illegal alien problem soooooo.....let's just grant them all citizenship and let them stay! Why not just come right out and say it? I thoroughly appreciate the 'can-do' attitude.
They did not all get here overnight and they are not all going to leave/be removed overnight. That is common sense. There is no need to walk around the streets scratching your head over who is legal and who is illegal. Sooner or later they are going to show up looking for a job or a handout. Nab them then. IMO, the only ones who won't be doing either are the drug dealers and I am not real worried about possibly offending their sensibilites.

Old 01-08-2008, 09:58 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,749,253 times
Quote:
Every innocent death is an unfortunate death, but I wont fall into some trap to believe that every person who died as a result of the actions of an illegal immigrant would have led a happy and productive life and then die quietly in their sleep as a senior if it wasn’t for the illegal immigrant. People die, it’s a fact of life, some die tragically some die peacefully, just because you take one item out of the equation, the results are the same, some people will die tragically and some will die peacefully.
Oh, okay. That puts everything into perspective.

I'm sure that all of the thousands of people in the U.S. who have lost loved ones as a result of the criminal actions of a person in this country illegally will rest much easier now knowing that even if an illegal alien didn't kill their loved ones, they may have died tragically anyhow.....

Old 01-08-2008, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

I'm sure that all of the thousands of people in the U.S. who have lost loved ones as a result of the criminal actions of a person in this country illegally will rest much easier now knowing that even if an illegal alien didn't kill their loved ones, they may have died tragically anyhow.....
That's right. It's all OK. They will undoubtedly be comforted by knowing that a US citizen might have killed their lived one if the illegal didn't get there first.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:12 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
It's like Rush Limbaugh when he was saying more people die in traffic accidents than fighting in Iraq!

Old 01-08-2008, 10:21 AM

1,281 posts, read 2,367,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I love it- we can't POSSIBLY do anything about the illegal alien problem soooooo.....let's just grant them all citizenship and let them stay! Why not just come right out and say it? I thoroughly appreciate the 'can-do' attitude.
That’s right, I forgot, many anti-illegal immigrants proponents on this forum can only think of two alternatives, simply deport the all or grant them all amnesty. There couldn’t possibly more complicated alternatives to fixing the immigration problem. Either you fall into one category or the other. No wonder nothing gets fixed, it’s all simple solutions to complex problems and the simple folks can never get their head around the complexities of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
They did not all get here overnight and they are not all going to leave/be removed overnight. That is common sense. There is no need to walk around the streets scratching your head over who is legal and who is illegal. Sooner or later they are going to show up looking for a job or a handout. Nab them then. IMO, the only ones who won't be doing either are the drug dealers and I am not real worried about possibly offending their sensibilites.
Oooh, it’s that simple, just post someone and then nab them. Yes, it must be that simple. We have plenty of enforcement officers to get this done soooo easily.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:23 AM

16,087 posts, read 41,159,147 times
Yes, it's pretty simple unless you advocate breaking laws.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post

Yes and if we get rid of speeders then no more speed related deaths, if we get rid of murderers then no more murderers, if we get rid of molesters then no more molesters, if we get rid of rapists then no more rapists, if we get rid of kidnappers then no more kidnappers….. Yeah, it’s easy to say, it’s harder to do. But it must give comfort to people just to say and and think it is soo easy to accomplish. The problem is that the simpletons don’t want to understand, or simply cannot understand, how complex it is to actually develop a workable solution to the problem.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Yes, it's pretty simple unless you advocate breaking laws.
Thanks for the enlightenment, I didn’t realize it was so simple. I’m going to go out and help the IRS tackle tax cheats, I’m going to help the Animal Control fine people who violate the leash laws, I’m going to photograph people doing home additions without the required permits, I’m going to videotape people “working” who were getting workers compensation, I’m going to help officers ticket cars parked illegally…

Why is it so difficult to understand that complex situations require complex answers?

Old 01-08-2008, 10:38 AM

Quote:
That’s right, I forgot, many anti-illegal immigrants proponents on this forum can only think of two alternatives, simply deport the all or grant them all amnesty. There couldn’t possibly more complicated alternatives to fixing the immigration problem. Either you fall into one category or the other. No wonder nothing gets fixed, it’s all simple solutions to complex problems and the simple folks can never get their head around the complexities of it.
Nonsense. There are all sorts of permutations of the amnesty solution. We can deport ONLY the hard core felons and give everybody else amnesty. Or we can make them pay a fine of $10 and say that this isn't really amnesty. Or we can give them a Z visa and simply allow them to stay in the country forever. Or we can grant amnesty ONLY to those who can provide a phone bill or such that 'proves' they have been in this country for a 'long time'.
In my observations the complexity of the solution is directly related to the number of illegal aliens who will be allowed to stay. As the complexity increases, so do the opportunites to bring more of them 'out of the shadows'. Therefore, KISS.
But I must confess, I did save the carton from my new dishwasher so my husband and I will have a retirement home if things continue the way they are.

Quote:
Oooh, it’s that simple, just post someone and then nab them. Yes, it must be that simple. We have plenty of enforcement officers to get this done soooo easily.
We are currently blowing $250 million per year of taxpayer funds to reimburse hospitals for unreimbursed care provided to illegal aliens. I suspect that $250 million could be diverted to pay the training and salaries of a number of cops. Tell the illegals to pound sand.

Old 01-08-2008, 10:40 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Let me put it this way:

Either the majority of illegals leaqve peaceably or; the authorities crack down harder-----------using the RICO Act if needed.

Assuing that our government has the 'balls' to do anything; if Washington blows it...........time for recalls leading up to impeachment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration