U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 10:42 PM

1 posts, read 1,119 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
I know this is a light-hearted thread, but just wanted to throw this in.

If an unlicensed driver hits you, that driver is liable for damages.

If the DMV gives a drivers license to someone that has not proven they can safely drive, and that driver hits you, the State of California is now liable for damages. This plays out with "DMV should have known that person was too old to drive" "DMV should have known he would drive drunk again" etc. And it adds up to millions in legal costs--even if DMV is not found liable they still have to defend themselves in court.

DMV is not going to waive any requirements for driving ability. They'll provide everything in the world in any language that's needed, but won't waive anything.
Yes, but SOME people refuse to acknowledge facts, and will beat their hidden agenda of anger into the ground. It's ALWAYS someone else's fault, you see...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2015, 11:53 PM

7,914 posts, read 3,729,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
CA Illegal Immigrant at DMV: 'Nobody's Passing' Written Test - Breitbart

Well perhaps this issue is solving itself. Rather frightening, though, to extrapolate and consider how many people are perhaps driving who cannot pass the DMV's test for licensing.
Sounds discriminatory to me. Just let them go to the front of the line get their picture taken, and issue them one. The American citizens standing in line wont mind.

As crazy as that may sound, things like this and much worse have been happening because of liberal guilt. For instance, a discriminatory program called affirmative action allowed black rescue candidates to fail the swimming test and still get hired.
If you were white and failed, you were sent packing.
The blacks then had a year to get private swimming lessons, paid for by the taxpayers, and were on the job in the mean time. So if liberals will endanger the public safety to that degree, it would not be a stretch for them to just start passing out licenses, right?

Old 01-07-2015, 04:29 AM

13,150 posts, read 10,574,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
CA Illegal Immigrant at DMV: 'Nobody's Passing' Written Test - Breitbart

Well perhaps this issue is solving itself. Rather frightening, though, to extrapolate and consider how many people are perhaps driving who cannot pass the DMV's test for licensing.
You think this is bad? As a retired commercial driver; I found it hard to find English speaking commercial drivers at many of our Nation's rail yards. Try asking directions if you go into these facilities. Especially in Northern New Jersey I had difficult time - yards like Croxton, Little Ferry and the North Bergan Yard.

What I do not know is how far these CDL drivers traveled and if they were properly 'trained' for their routes? Possessing a CDL has many responsibilities. We have to be aware of low bridges and weight limits - not to mention road restrictions. It was always scary to think that we can have other drivers that might not understand our highway signs. However, on their behalf; we do not have too many accidents because of language (not that I know of).

Old 01-09-2015, 10:39 AM

3,533 posts, read 2,171,725 times
Mass complaints breaking out online: Seems if you are a LEGAL immigrant, you are not eligible. Legal Hispanic immigrants posting their anger at Democrats.

Old 01-09-2015, 12:56 PM

1,859 posts, read 1,959,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stray_slacker View Post
welp clearly time to lower the testing standards so they can pass! those pesky rayciss testing requirements are merely a vestige of old imperialist days gone by! it's a new america now! they could even take the test drunk as many of them are already doing that. whatever makes the illegals, politicians, judges and lawyers happy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by katie45 View Post
And sadly you may be right that CA will revise the requirements.
And don't think for a second their going to be required to take that test in English! They have a right to take in in Spanish. Who cares if all the road signs are in English, that's the states problem.

BTW, if they're already here illegally, and driving illegally, and only getting a slap on the hand if caught driving without a license, what makes the politicians think most will automatically get a legal drivers license?

Old 01-09-2015, 01:23 PM

3,849 posts, read 3,162,024 times
These LOSERS can't even pass the test in their own language, That means they're probably illiterate in BOTH languages.

Just another way for them to get an ID for the entire Illegal clan to use. Jerry Brown is a JOKE!

Old 01-09-2015, 03:50 PM

1,936 posts, read 2,729,615 times
The road sign portion of the test is pictures of actual road signs showing the English words. Most of the signs also have some kind of picture on them--road narrowing or whatever--so they can also be understand by the millions of tourists in rental cars that visit California every year.

I haven't heard anything more about the testing--I know the first day I checked and some offices had a 5-hour wait.

Edit: Just found this on the DMV website--

Daily Totals:
17,900 – Number of Driver License applicants seen on Monday, January 5, 2015
11,100 – Number of Driver License applicants seen on Saturday, January 3, 2015
17,200 – Number of Driver License applicants seen on Friday, January 2, 2015
Total number of AB 60 applicants seen since Friday, January 2, 2015: 46,200

The following Statistics from Friday, January 2, 2015 are for all original driver license applicants:

Pass/Fail Statewide Average for English Tests: 54% Pass/46% Fail
Pass/Fail Statewide Average for Spanish Tests: 36% Pass/64% Fail
Pass/Fail Average for the four Driver License Processing Centers: 36% Pass/64% Fail
Total number of AB 60 applicants to receive a driver license on Friday, January 2, 2015: 970
The DMV will release updated AB 60 statistics each Tuesday.

Old 01-09-2015, 05:44 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourereric View Post
Mass complaints breaking out online: Seems if you are a LEGAL immigrant, you are not eligible. Legal Hispanic immigrants posting their anger at Democrats.
That could go real bad against illegal aliens right there, losing a LOT of US citizen "Hispanic" support for amnesty.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:32 PM

23,599 posts, read 31,152,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb73 View Post
The road sign portion of the test is pictures of actual road signs showing the English words. Most of the signs also have some kind of picture on them--road narrowing or whatever--so they can also be understand by the millions of tourists in rental cars that visit California every year.

I haven't heard anything more about the testing--I know the first day I checked and some offices had a 5-hour wait.

Edit: Just found this on the DMV website--

Daily Totals:
17,900 Number of Driver License applicants seen on Monday, January 5, 2015
11,100 Number of Driver License applicants seen on Saturday, January 3, 2015
17,200 Number of Driver License applicants seen on Friday, January 2, 2015
Total number of AB 60 applicants seen since Friday, January 2, 2015: 46,200

The following Statistics from Friday, January 2, 2015 are for all original driver license applicants:

Pass/Fail Statewide Average for English Tests: 54% Pass/46% Fail
Pass/Fail Statewide Average for Spanish Tests: 36% Pass/64% Fail
Pass/Fail Average for the four Driver License Processing Centers: 36% Pass/64% Fail
Total number of AB 60 applicants to receive a driver license on Friday, January 2, 2015: 970
The DMV will release updated AB 60 statistics each Tuesday.
Wow. Just...wow.

I took my written test in Texas at age 16 and passed it on the first try. I missed only one question.

Old 01-10-2015, 03:45 PM

86,093 posts, read 69,893,919 times
64% are failing their test ? And these people have been driving for years with no license ?

CA is going to have to do something to allow them all to pass or it won't look good for the pro amnesty crowd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or