U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 07:51 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times

Advertisements

I ran across this article: California newspaper office vandalized over use of 'illegal' immigrant label | Fox News

I am SO tired of "undocumented". Now, our family used to be "undocumented" because before illegal immigration began to overtake our country, we didn't need to have "documents" on hand. We solved the "undocumented" by writing to the counties and paying fees for the "documents" so we could copy them again and again to prove we were U. S. citizens. I don't see that it makes a difference whether we are or aren't anymore because like all other criminals, the law seems to be on their side.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2015, 08:11 AM

31,500 posts, read 14,580,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
I ran across this article: California newspaper office vandalized over use of 'illegal' immigrant label | Fox News

I am SO tired of "undocumented". Now, our family used to be "undocumented" because before illegal immigration began to overtake our country, we didn't need to have "documents" on hand. We solved the "undocumented" by writing to the counties and paying fees for the "documents" so we could copy them again and again to prove we were U. S. citizens. I don't see that it makes a difference whether we are or aren't anymore because like all other criminals, the law seems to be on their side.
Actually, they aren't "undocumented". They have many documents all fake or stolen. They aren't even illegal immigrants. Immigration law denotes them as illegal aliens. Too bad that the PC crowd and ethnocentrics don't like to call a spade a spade just so it will make them feel all warm and fuzzy inside in hopes to deflect from the fact these illegal aliens violated our immigration laws and have no right to be here.

I had to laugh at what was written on the outside wall of the newspaper office. So our borders are illegal now?

Old 01-09-2015, 05:47 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,290,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Let those la raza fools say that exact same thing in Spanish in Mexico, I'd lay some serious money that there'd be riots.

Old 01-09-2015, 06:54 PM

5,488 posts, read 4,558,964 times
I'd repeal the law, and not let any of them have license period, and ship them out.

Old 01-10-2015, 01:02 AM

89 posts, read 101,429 times
i find cosmopolitan's headline to be offensive...guess we're at a standstill.

im just shocked this truthful headline originated in santa barbara....i suppose kudos are in order.

Old 01-10-2015, 02:07 AM

17,022 posts, read 9,070,978 times
Calling illegals "undocumented" is like calling a pedophile a "lover of children".

Old 01-10-2015, 08:31 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,430,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
I'd repeal the law, and not let any of them have license period, and ship them out.
....................but think of the extra revenue that California is now getting from those unlicensed ill.. (oops) undocumented immigrants, even more if they buy insurance.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:00 AM

19,189 posts, read 14,074,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creekcat View Post
....................but think of the extra revenue that California is now getting from those unlicensed ill.. (oops) undocumented immigrants, even more if they buy insurance.
Yes, I am surprised that Kansas hasn't move to allow them to get driver's license because we are revenue starved right now. I live in a town with more than its share of illegals and I noticed 2 years ago when we moved here that the city had two unique issues that I had not seen before in the daily police reports on the net: (1) Hit & Run (2) dog bites. Nine out 10 dogs I see are pitbulls and I understand they bring them for protection but don't bother with things like vaccinations and training.

You can get so you can easily tell the newly illegals. It took me about a year but if I can pick them out, anyone should be able to do it IF they have the inclination to do so.

It is my understanding that the illegal documents look pretty real. We lived in AZ for 6 years and I had talked with the state in regard to the education of my son with Down syndrome and the shortage of funds due to "English as a Second Language" consuming all the "Special Education" funding. My son needed speech therapy for English, his "first" language yet there were no funds available to cover more than one session a week for him.

Does anyone remember the movie "Coneheads" and the one agent's idea for illegals? He was going to put a collar on them, sort of a shock collar. I guess you could "chip" them and put up some electronic field across the border........... Am I that cruel? Yeah, really I would be because I am tired of beating around the bush with this.

Criminals? They lie on the school paperwork, the job application and really everything in order to benefit from their illegal act. "Do you have a legal right to work in the United States?"

I, too, was really surprised that this was coming out of CA.

Old 01-10-2015, 09:49 AM

3,806 posts, read 5,000,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
On Saturday, the Santa Barbara News-Press published a story about a recent California law that no longer requires residents to prove citizenship (though they have to prove residency) to apply for a driver's license; the headline for the story was "Illegals line up for driver's licenses." Bonus points to the paper for implying that everyone in the photo is an undocumented immigrant.

Santa Barbara News Press Publishes Racist Headline

So what? Those Dream Act people ARE ILLEGAL aliens. Sheesh!
Seems like an accurate headline.

Old 01-10-2015, 10:40 AM

19,899 posts, read 15,293,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Describe them as TPTB see them.."undocumented Democrats"

Ok now that's a good one!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or