U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-06-2008, 06:27 PM

419 posts, read 1,808,662 times

Advertisements

If Al Gore was currently our President in his second term would there be 20 million illegal aliens in our Country? Was he an open borders advocate? Maybe it would be worse.

I strongly believe the President sets the tone on immigration enforcement. He could direct ICE and Homeland Security to stand down at the border (like Bush) or put every effort at enforcing it. The President can allocate financial resources towards immigration enforcement, or not, also. Your thoughts?

Last edited by questioner2; 01-06-2008 at 07:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-06-2008, 06:56 PM

1,667 posts, read 8,151,116 times
In 1830, my ancestors fled the German Confederation, arriving in the United States. The democrat in office was Andrew Jackson (who ironically advocated the Indian Removal Act that same year). Yes, it's frustrating that I may need to learn Spanish someday, but we need to alieviate the reason so many people are coming here and help structural reform in Latin countries to make them more attractive for retention of their citizens. It's bad there, I've been there. I'd just like to see the process of immigration less complicated, as I believe illegal means "against the law". The first half of the 20th century saw 12 million immigrants through Ellis Island, legally. There are now the same number of illegal immigrants in the U.S. Whoever is President seems incidental at this point.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:38 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
We already have 20 million illegal aliens here. That 12 million number has been used by the illegal alien loving media for five or six years. Meanwhile they keep invading.

But to answer your question we would have pretty close to the same number here that we currently have. The increased work place raids the Bush administration is pushing are a joke. They raid a meat plant somewhere every six or eight weeks, arrest 200 to 300 illegals, release half due to the anchor baby humanitarian agenda, and nothing else changes. Meanwhile thousands continue to pour over our border every single day.

The only thing that will work is putting the army on the border, then go house to house seizing assets.

Old 01-06-2008, 08:51 PM

608 posts, read 880,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
We already have 20 million illegal aliens here. That 12 million number has been used by the illegal alien loving media for five or six years. Meanwhile they keep invading.

But to answer your question we would have pretty close to the same number here that we currently have. The increased work place raids the Bush administration is pushing are a joke. They raid a meat plant somewhere every six or eight weeks, arrest 200 to 300 illegals, release half due to the anchor baby humanitarian agenda, and nothing else changes. Meanwhile thousands continue to pour over our border every single day.

The only thing that will work is putting the army on the border, then go house to house seizing assets.
House to house???? Yeah OK a realistic solution. We can't even find prison escapees.

I don't think it matters what president is in office. Not much will change. Oh but Gore would ensure that there are recycle bins along the border and that the desert environment is not destroyed. OK just a little humor. Some of these threads have too much whining but not much discussion on REALISTIC solutions.

Old 01-06-2008, 09:10 PM

10,833 posts, read 11,566,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
House to house???? Yeah OK a realistic solution. We can't even find prison escapees.
Prison Escapee = Finding a needle in a haystack

12+ Million Illegals = Finding hay in a haystack

Old 01-06-2008, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Prison Escapee = Finding a needle in a haystack

12+ Million Illegals = Finding hay in a haystack

I was wondering how long it would take for a hypocritical response. ;-)

Old 01-06-2008, 10:32 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
When you have 20 million illegals finding households of illegals would be fairly easy. Heck all the government would have to do is advertise a hotline. There are plenty of patriotic Americans here that are more than willing to help clean up their neighborhoods.

They could even be cut in on a percentage of the illegal booty seized just for an incentive.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
When you have 20 million illegals finding households of illegals would be fairly easy. Heck all the government would have to do is advertise a hotline. There are plenty of patriotic Americans here that are more than willing to help clean up their neighborhoods.

They could even be cut in on a percentage of the illegal booty seized just for an incentive.
Nice a hotline. Read the Crucible. Neighbors turned against neighbors and innocent people died. How do you guarantee innocent people will not be falsely accused? How do we avoid spending unnecessary monies and sending prescious resources after suspicion and false leads? Doesn't sound like a realistic solution at least not for my tax dollars.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:43 PM

1,693 posts, read 3,106,377 times
Gore Blows, I hate to say it since I liked the Man going into his election bid. But, after dodging the fact that many Americans where behind him for a retry and he just sorta shrugged like *********. I say ********* back Good job on the Evironment Documentary though as it was pretty thorough.

Old 01-06-2008, 10:44 PM

1,693 posts, read 3,106,377 times
WOW, CENSORS YEAH. MY OH MY...Maybe that's worse than the immigration problems.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or