Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 PM

44 posts, read 102,338 times

Advertisements

I know it was bound to happen long ago, Canada citizens will regret opening there arms to these third world folks, last I know the Chinese were moving there from China most of them in Vancouver B.C, and the Canadians don't like them. That's what some Canadians told me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 06:09 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH View Post
I know it was bound to happen long ago, Canada citizens will regret opening there arms to these third world folks, last I know the Chinese were moving there from China most of them in Vancouver B.C, and the Canadians don't like them. That's what some Canadians told me.
Actually; many of the 'Chinese' are from Hong Kong.......and, most of not all of them can immigrate to any other British Commonwealth country if memory holds me correctly.

Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM

522 posts, read 963,198 times
Alert your local officials, let them know that you oppose RFID,IN ANY FORM..
this will affect ALL of us, not just the immigrants, it will be thrust upon us, and they will use immigration issues as the excuse,
Divide and conquer...that is how that can happen.
If you do not yet know what RFID is , please for your children , your loved ones and yourselves , know that THIS is the technology being touted as the end all be all of security and "safety"..
It is in fact a tracking device, seems out of this world doesn't it? Well guess again.
See verichip, see Applied digital, see also Somark Innovations.
Please, CALL YOUR SENATOR AND CONGRESSMAN NOWW!!!!!!!!!!!Tell them that you OPPOSE this!!
It is a permanent thing with the RFID tattoo, already being negotiated by Somark Innovations for contracts with the Federal Govt.
Please know that my appeal to you is real.
I am praying for this country and for all of you.
also see
Get Connected To The Efforts Working To Stop the NAU (broken link)

Old 01-31-2008, 08:49 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
It will be interesting how many of the 'Hispanics' will deal with the cold if nothing else.
Don't worry about that, we're adaptive people. If we can live in an Apartment with 15 other people and survive on beans and tortillas for years, we are pretty much prepared for anything.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:50 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,814,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILUVMAINE2 View Post
Houston Cynic! Why would I be upset with the French Canadians that came from Nova Scotia to Maine, Charleston, SC, and Louisiana. My great grandmother was French Canadian! BUT I can tell you that the Acadians are NOT lazy people and will work for what they have!
Several of my friend have French Canadian or Nova Scoatian ancestors; the British shipped them to Louisiana in the early 1800s.... they didn't want the French. Hence, you got Acadians. You are correct; they came and worked hard. Many moved back north -- one friends family went west and eventually came back to NY state, another's father moved back to VT. They were sent here by force from Canada but became Americans.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:53 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,187 times
I went to Mexico.. met some Canadians.. nicer than the Americans in Mexico thats for sure.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:58 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; many of the 'Chinese' are from Hong Kong.......and, most of not all of them can immigrate to any other British Commonwealth country if memory holds me correctly.
A LOT of Hong Kong people moved out to Vancouver in the last few months before the Chinese took over the colony. For some reason I can't imagine, they apparently wanted an 'out' in case the Chinese went back on their word about respecting the rights of Hong Kong residents. Many bought homes in Vancouver, sent their familes out, but remained in Hong Kong to keep an 'eye' on their property. For British subjects, Canada was easier to enter than the US (and is getting to be preferable, I suppose).....
I'm not sure how the new Chinese "regime" is working out in Hong Kong. Seems 'quiet' there, but maybe we just don't 'hear' much news....(?)

Old 02-01-2008, 09:06 AM

1,304 posts, read 3,342,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Don't worry about that, we're adaptive people. If we can live in an Apartment with 15 other people and survive on beans and tortillas for years, we are pretty much prepared for anything.
so you know this by family experience?

Old 02-01-2008, 11:55 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,689 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
so you know this by family experience?
No, I think he just writes his strories to match the moment.

Old 02-01-2008, 01:33 PM

1,181 posts, read 3,807,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
It makes me wonder how many illegals from SOB are "bad", and how many really ARE just good working people (albeit ones who don't pay taxes and break the law coming over the border!).

How many are in prison? How many are in gangs? How many are stealing benefits from the American taxpayers? How many are selling drugs? How many are messing up nice neighborhoods with 20 people in one house?

Is it 100%? Are there any illegals who don't do these things that we despise?
There are many very nice, hard-working people. The problem is because our borders are not enforced the bad ones are coming in too. Enforce the border and we can start letting the honest law-abiding ones who go through all the legal channels in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration