Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 07:06 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,748,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
Do you not get that illegals realize they are undocumented, no record of them being on file and their assumption often is that they can get away with it because no one knows who they are. No fingerprints for them on file.

If they become known to the police under one name, they can change it out just like you and I change underwear.

You are blindly optimistic, I hope it never comes back to bite you.
Not if they are fingerprinted by the police. I am in no way defending the criminal elements, i'm just defending the majority who work hard and don't bother anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 07:08 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
They are all "criminal elements"

They broke the law coming here

End of story

Old 01-08-2008, 07:12 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,922,373 times
I agree with the comments on here about that these two should be put to death in a horrible manner. But, I also wish they would have left out color in the title of the video. Her being white should have nothing to do with this. I believe them being here illegally is relevant, as it demonstrates even further the need to secure our borders, but "two illegal mexicans rape and kill a white girl" sounds like something the KKK would put out there. It wouldn't have mattered if she were white, brown, or black; she was still brutally murdered and the title makes it sound like it is even more important that she is white (and I'm as paleface white as they come, btw). Actually, they didn't even need to point out (in the title) that these guys were Mexican, they could have just said "illegal." The reason I'm pointing this out is that it further fuels the fire that this is all about race, when it really isn't, at least not in my book.

I say "I" to the death by stoning as well. I feel very badly for this girls parents, relatives, and friends.

Old 01-08-2008, 07:16 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
you guys are incredible. What these two criminals did doesn't reflect the whole undocumented population.

BTW, why do they have to emphasize the white girl? I guess to provoke racial backlash right?
They're not "undocumented" - say it as it is - ILLEGAL. They're not supposed to be here, so this should not have happened in the first place. Our El Presidento and his cronies in Congresso have BLOOD on their hands for any of these crimes committed by illegals.

Old 01-08-2008, 04:22 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
Some of you MISS the REAL point here... The girl would STILL be ALIVE today.. if,.... IF these 2 ILLEGAL mexicans would have NOT been able to SNEAK over the the border! Closing our borders to ILLEGALS would give LEGAL immigrants a better chance at being able to find work here and raise of family. No one should be a victim of rape and murder... but when it COULD have been avoided by not allowing illegals to cross in the FIRST place.. the girl would be alive and well.. GET IT!
One problem, that really isn't the point in the article. You can't just say "Girl was raped and murdered" and then go and talk about illegal immigration. That just makes no sense what so ever. The fact is 2 men raped a girl. That is an unimaginable crime. We have to stop with all these "but ifs". "But if these people weren't in this country that wouldn't of happened". Sure that may be true but if George Washington Carver never lived we wouldn't have peanut butter.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
It’s a matter of access.

We incarcerate criminals not only to exact punishment, but also for public safety. Their confinement denies them access to the general public. If a prison decided to mitigate massive overcrowding by furloughing 10% of its population, including murderers and rapists; every crime committed subsequent to their release would have been 100% preventable; and those responsible for their release are culpable. Fortunately, in our society, such a scenario is highly implausible.

Likewise, all crimes committed by illegal aliens are 100% preventable; given that had our porous borders been secured, none of these criminals would have had access to their victims. By failing to prevent illegal immigration; our government, in particular Bush and DHS, are as complicit as those who authorize the release of dangerous prisoners.

It’s a no-brainer. Deny a drunkard access to a car….he/she cannot drive drunk. Deny a pedophile access to children….he/she cannot molest.

Had the rapists/murderers of this girl been denied access to our country….she would be alive today. Therefore, their status as illegal aliens is quite relevant……they shouldn’t have been here.

There is no comparison between criminals having access to their victims, and the conjecture of what the world would or would not enjoy had any given person not lived.

We cannot sustain a sovereign nation with unfettered illegal entry/access to our country by criminal foreign nationals.

Old 01-10-2008, 05:28 PM

32 posts, read 48,018 times
Stuff like this is happening far more often and is much more widespread than most people realize. See:

www.darksideofillegalimmigration.com

and

www.voiac.org

Old 01-10-2008, 06:26 PM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
So what happens when a legal immigrant committs a crime? We can also say it wouldn't have happened if all forms of legal immigration was closed right?
Here's the difference: Legal immigrants and our country's native citizens are our problem to deal with. Mexico's or any other country's citizens are NOT OUR PROBLEM, they should not be here to commit the crime. If a legal immigrant is allowed into our country and commits a crime, that's on us because we conducted backround checks and we allowed that person to enter our country. If a criminal from another country comes here and commits a crime because they bypassed getting a passport, citizenship or work visa and we had no way of checking their criminal history, then that makes things a little different, don't you think?

Old 01-10-2008, 06:53 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
What is wrong with what i just said? No doubt there are criminal elements in that group as it is in every other group. Would the widows of the officers be comforted if LEGAL immigrants shot and killed their husbands??
Your left wing agenda just doesn't get it and never will...you think there is good in all evil !

Old 01-10-2008, 06:56 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
One problem, that really isn't the point in the article. You can't just say "Girl was raped and murdered" and then go and talk about illegal immigration. That just makes no sense what so ever. The fact is 2 men raped a girl. That is an unimaginable crime. We have to stop with all these "but ifs". "But if these people weren't in this country that wouldn't of happened". Sure that may be true but if George Washington Carver never lived we wouldn't have peanut butter.
This isn't about peanut butter
!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration