U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-07-2008, 06:49 AM

901 posts, read 45,861 times
Default At War With Mexico

At War With Mexico

The last Mexican-American War was an armed military conflict between the United States and Mexico from 1846 to 1848 in the wake of the 1845 U.S. annexation of Texas. The new Mexican-American War is being waged by the demographic shift of Mexican citizens to the U.S. At risk is both the sovereignty and economy of the United States of America.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 11:54 AM

2,429 posts, read 4,518,423 times
Yes, we are at war with Mexico. In fact we have lost more people to illegal aliens in the last 12 months than we have in Iraq since the war began there.

But because Bush refuses to protect the American people by securing the border, our local police and sheriff's deputies are forced to fight the war on our own cities streets.

All we need to do is put the military on the border. We don't need to invade Mexico. Actually invading Mexico is the very last thing we need to do. Although I would say military air strikes at this point would be very appropriate. Perhaps even a naval bombardment of some of Mexico's ports. All we have to do is harshly squash any and all invaders as they attempt to enter this country.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:25 PM

751 posts, read 82,306 times
I think the war is only in your ignorant minds. I was in Del Rio, TX a few weeks ago and I went to a country bar. White and Hispanic Texans together having a good time, eating guess what? salsa and tortillas, drinking Mexican beer, no animosity whatsoever. Even the White people in Del Rio speak Spanish and I did not see any major tension there. Please stop spreading these lies, it makes you sound ignorant.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:32 PM

14,679 posts, read 15,949,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeache View Post
I think the war is only in your ignorant minds. I was in Del Rio, TX a few weeks ago and I went to a country bar. White and Hispanic Texans sitting around eating guess what? salsa and tortillas, drinking Mexican beer, no animosity whatsoever. Even the White people in Del Rio speak Spanish and I did not see any major tension there. Please stop spreading these lies, it makes you sound ignorant.
You're beginning to become a one trick pony with your "ignorant" this and (on countless other threads) "hillbilly" that.

The only one showing IGNORANCE on the issue is YOU. Insulated in some quaint corner of fly-over country where you think visiting a border or immigration state makes you somehow informed on the issues of problems "on the ground."

Until you watch YOUR city and neighborhood change character (for the worse) because of illegal immigration and unassimilable attitudes of many, YOU are the one operating from a "position of ignorance" on the subject.

Quote as many "economic reports" as you wish. When even TEACHERS privately (never publicly!) complain about the influx of illegal immigration and the problems it's causing in the classrooms of many parts of my state, you know there's a problem that petty bourgeoisie social climbers from the entry level salaried professional class just can't see, ignore, or will AlWAYS subconsciously run away from when it comes time for Junior to enroll in "the good school districts."

Old 01-07-2008, 03:52 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,730,121 times
Quote:
I think the war is only in your ignorant minds. I was in Del Rio, TX a few weeks ago and I went to a country bar. White and Hispanic Texans together having a good time, eating guess what? salsa and tortillas, drinking Mexican beer, no animosity whatsoever. Even the White people in Del Rio speak Spanish and I did not see any major tension there. Please stop spreading these lies, it makes you sound ignorant.
They are living in a fantasy land.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:53 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,343,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
They are living in a fantasy land.
More like a nightmare.

Must be awfully swell up there in the ivory tower, Beav.

Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM

3,224 posts, read 5,780,568 times
Listen to you guys...WAR? Really? Have any of you actually been to War? If so you wouldn't be opening your big mouths. War is something that is not to be taken lightly or out of text. And the other posters is right. Most Hispanics and non Hispanic whites get along. And you want a race war? LOL..some people...

Old 01-07-2008, 04:45 PM

901 posts, read 45,861 times
Quote:
Iit makes you sound ignorant.
Yes, you most certainly are. BTW, you make personal attacks and they will come back at you.

Old 01-07-2008, 04:47 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,343,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Listen to you guys...WAR? Really? Have any of you actually been to War? If so you wouldn't be opening your big mouths. War is something that is not to be taken lightly or out of text. And the other posters is right. Most Hispanics and non Hispanic whites get along. And you want a race war? LOL..some people...
Race has nothing to do with it.

What other country on earth allows this sort of crap at their border without retaliation?

Border Patrolís counteroffensive riles Mexico
After hundreds of attacks in a year, agency responds with tear gas

SAN DIEGO - The Border Patrol says its agents were attacked nearly 1,000 times during a one-year period along the Mexican border, typically by assailants hurling rocks, bottles and bricks. Now the agency is responding with tear gas and powerful, pepper-spray weapons, including firing into Mexico.

More...

Border Patrol fights back - Security - MSNBC.com

Old 01-07-2008, 05:00 PM

8,063 posts, read 11,362,563 times
Quote:
Are you a Texan? Have you lived on the Border? I'm a Texan and I lived on the Border for 13 years. Yes, by and large LEGAL Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites get along very well. No one has disputed that.

Did you ask the folks at the bar what they thought of ILLEGAL immigration, by any chance?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration