U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2015, 04:32 AM

5,664 posts, read 2,508,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They seem to be put above both our veterans and our seniors in regards to help needed.
I know, I just don't get it.

And yes, the seniors, thank you for mentioning them.

They do have worked hard and all their life.
Putting their sweat into this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2015, 04:48 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Angry Better check

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utopian Slums View Post
You have no idea what you're talking about. Disabled vets get close to 3k per month. Elderly get SSI. Immigrants get nothing so tangible.

I can't believe this place has an entire forum section that's sole purpose is griping about immigrants. And are so extremely misinformed at that.
Disable Vets and Seniors are Citizens of the United States and have contributed to Society and America.

Now Illegals get Medicare, food stamps,DL and Hud housing, The average needy American Family is left holding the bag.

Poor countries like Mexico do not care except to see American Money flow back to Mexico. Period.

Illegals do not care about US law, even though their country of Origin laws are very much more aggressive.

Seal the border, with the US Army, (we have done this before in 1912) and deport with passion and expedite these proceeding to be a 3 day window. If the visa is a fraud and or most likely no permits or Visa's , should be deported. its that simple!

Those who forge produce Fraudulent Visa and passports should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sherriff Arpaio from Arizona does a very good job of this.

Illegals make bad choices and they should take responsibility of their actions. They know exactly what they are doing.

The time for compassion is gone and we have to defend our Boarders.

Old 01-22-2015, 06:28 AM

31,483 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
You have no idea what you're talking about. Disabled vets get close to 3k per month. Elderly get SSI. Immigrants get nothing so tangible.

I can't believe this place has an entire forum section that's sole purpose is griping about immigrants. And are so extremely misinformed at that.
Oh yes I do know what I am talking about. I know a vet that is low income and needed help with assisted living because his health was failing and couldn't live alone anymore. It took him 2 1/2 years to get any help from the Veteran's Administration. Yes, seniors get SS but it isn't enough to cover nursing home costs, etc. when their health is failing. They have to be dead broke to get any help.

The topic here isn't "immigrants". We are speaking of illegal aliens and as another poster pointed out they seem to be able to get all kinds of help. No, this forum isn't about griping about "immigrants". It's about objecting to those here illegally. Those who defend them are the ones who are extremely misinformed and I question why they would defend them in any way.

Old 01-22-2015, 08:05 AM

4,793 posts, read 6,504,876 times
Quote:

Maybe YOU should get your fact straight.

Old 01-22-2015, 05:03 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,282,218 times
Quote:

I DO have a problem with ILLEGAL aliens and I want their kind GONE!! Sheesh!

Legal aliens ain't the problem.

Old 01-23-2015, 11:30 AM

19,125 posts, read 9,067,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Those who forge produce Fraudulent Visa and passports should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sherriff Arpaio from Arizona does a very good job of this.
can you cite any specific cases where arpaio has arrested/prosecuted visa and/or passport forgers?

Old 01-23-2015, 01:18 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:

Last time most of us checked, Immigrants who came to this Country legally are substantially different then Law breakers, who believe it is acceptable to break the law, to come over to our Country.

And no not all vets, get the care they have coming, do not get my goat right now, I know some who needed help, and as of yet have not received it. They have every friggin right to come before the needs of illegals, as does our homeless, and our poor

A mighty difference between those who believe in coming to this Country as legal immigrants, versus, Law Breakers, who just do not give a damn about following laws.

My family years and years ago were Italian immigrants, who believed in becoming US Citizens, no matter how long it took, how hard it was, and thru hell and high water, they did. But it was not easy, and if you think Italian immigrants had it easy, I could write a book on what my realitives told me they went thru.

But people back then, who wanted to become immigrants, also had pride in becoming US citizens, and now followed the rules and laws of their new Country. Illegals just don't give a gosh damn, all about them, their needs their wants, their way. And they expect when they speak, we all listen, and that they get what it is they demand.

Difference between legal Immigrants and gosh damn law breaking cowards who are known as illegals.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:14 PM

11,487 posts, read 5,507,878 times
I hate it when someone tries to blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former applied to come here legally and patiently awaited their turn. While the latter either sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa.

All illegal aliens are liars and cheats with no moral compass. They have no business being here.

We have far too many in the senate and congress who not only refuse to enforce our immigration laws but to add insult to injury give illegals all sorts of freebies and benefits at the expense of taxpayers.

Reps and senators are lawmakers. They are supposed to enforce our laws, not coddle scofflaws. If they don't have the courage to do that, then they need to leave office. We need people in office who are NOT cowards that give into scofflaws.

Old 01-23-2015, 03:19 PM

19,899 posts, read 15,287,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I hate it when someone tries to blur the lines between legal immigrants and illegal aliens. The former applied to come here legally and patiently awaited their turn. While the latter either sneaked across a border or overstayed a visa.

All illegal aliens are liars and cheats with no moral compass. They have no business being here.

We have far too many in the senate and congress who not only refuse to enforce our immigration laws but to add insult to injury give illegals all sorts of freebies and benefits at the expense of taxpayers.

Reps and senators are lawmakers. They are supposed to enforce our laws, not coddle scofflaws. If they don't have the courage to do that, then they need to leave office. We need people in office who are NOT cowards that give into scofflaws.

Well said friend, well said. I agree with you also, I yet to see any one have the courage you are speaking about and on both sides. I have more respect for someone, who does speak up for what they believe is right, no matter what others think. I do not like people who take the cowardly way out, and this is what I see happening over and over again.

Old 01-23-2015, 07:10 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,621,800 times
Cool You Got it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
can you cite any specific cases where arpaio has arrested/prosecuted visa and/or passport forgers?
You asked and you shall receive:

by Natalie Rivers
azfamily.com
Posted on February 1, 2010 at 4:33 PM

PHOENIX - Maricopa County Sheriff's office bust identity forgery ring and arrest five illegal immigrants.

A tip through Sheriff Arpaio's illegal immigration hotline led to a six-month surveillance operation resulting in the arrests.

Two of the five illegal immigrants arrested are facing charges relating to running the forgery operation providing undocumented immigrants with fake identification. Those suspects were identified as Eduardo Chavez-Elizalde, 33, and Federico Velasco-Lopez, 33.

According to MCSO the fake ids helped the undocumented immigrants obtain employment illegally in the U.S.

During the raid that concluded the six-month investigation deputies seized computer equipment, weapons, ledgers, and hundreds of forged documents including social security cards, driver’s licenses, and permanent residency cards issued by the federal
government.

Read more: MCSO busts identity theft ring that provided ids to illegal immigrants | azfamily.com Phoenix
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or