Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 11:20 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
You do not run the Mexican flag up the flagpole outside a US Post Office. I don't give a damn who you are. There is nothing to discuss.
And I agree with you, the only flag that should be run up a federal building is the US flag and maybe the state flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is yet another of the spectacular PR moves they continue to make.
Yep, the spectacular PR by the anti-illegals who have to resort to lies.

The issue I have is people who are falsely claiming that demonstrators took down the US flag and then raised the Mexican flag. Saying that demonstrators raised a Mexican flag is bad enough, but they are trying to incite more hate by falsely adding the “taking down the US flag and desecrating it” remarks. Why add fuel to the fire with lies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 11:26 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,366,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Other people, two police officers, also stated that the counter demonstrators took down the flag--two separate views from behind the lines....hmmm, wonder if Bridget was wrong about who removed the flag or the police were wrong. A couple of others who witnessed the removal also stated that it was removed by counter protesters. Gee, Bridget couldn't have been standing too close to the Mariscos Restaurant on the other side of the street to actually see who removed the flag now could she?

Guess we'll never know, will we?.
What’s interesting is out of all the video available of the event, the one video you don’t see is of anyone actually taking down the US flag and then raising the Mexican flag. It’s all verbal or “people said” statements, where is the video since there was plenty of cameras there?

Could this be because the US flag was already taken down by the Postal employees and everyone else “claiming” to see it is not telling the truth?

Old 01-07-2008, 11:50 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,475,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
And I agree with you, the only flag that should be run up a federal building is the US flag and maybe the state flag.

Yep, the spectacular PR by the anti-illegals who have to resort to lies.

The issue I have is people who are falsely claiming that demonstrators took down the US flag and then raised the Mexican flag. Saying that demonstrators raised a Mexican flag is bad enough, but they are trying to incite more hate by falsely adding the “taking down the US flag and desecrating it” remarks. Why add fuel to the fire with lies?
Whoever raised the Mexican flag was either a) illegal or b) a supporter of illegals. I think it is fairly obvious that an American citizen who respects his or her country did not raise the flag.
In scanning through 3 pages of google links to the story, only one person stated that the US flag had been taken down for the day prior to the Mexican flag being raised. The others say the US flag was removed then the Mexican flag raised. The time on the video camera is 1:13 PM. Since the camera was being used to document events, I suspect the time was set correctly. I do not know what time the Post Office normally closes for the day in that community.

The firestorm provoked by this video has a life of it's own. Whether or not someone throws on another container of gasoline doesn't really matter. People are angered by the raising of the Mexican flag over a federal building. Whether they took the US flag down themselves or it was already down is a point that can be debated, but I don't expect very many people to say, "Oh well, since the US flag was down anyway I guess it's OK that they raised theirs". And that is the beauty of the illegals and their handlers- they are always pulling some stunt like this. Which just makes our job that much easier.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:39 AM

2,175 posts, read 9,167,707 times
My Dad, myself, and two of my son's have served in the U.S. military during times of war. My two son's still are in the military.
I am proud to belong to a family that has had three generations serving our country.
Anyone of us would have proudly stuffed that Mexican flag somewhere where the sun would never shine on it.
Most Veterans don't take an act like what this post is about lightly, no matter who put that foreign flag up the pole on American soil.
We have a tendency to get an attitude.

Old 01-08-2008, 05:58 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,299,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
Check mate. Wanna see how they they get out of this one.
and your assertion proves ......what......other than the mexicali flag was raised.
Which third world country would that be allowed in any way.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Check mate. Wanna see how they they get out of this one.
Check mate in what manner? What those criminals did in hoisting the Mexican flag is in itself a crime.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Check mate in what manner? What those criminals did in hoisting the Mexican flag is in itself a crime.
But the claim was that they were illegals. Nothing in the articles supported that claim.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:52 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
But the claim was that they were illegals. Nothing in the articles supported that claim.
Do you agree with the Mexican Flag being flown from the USPO building?

Old 01-08-2008, 06:54 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,746,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Do you agree with the Mexican Flag being flown from the USPO building?
Off course not but put blame where blame is due. Don't take this incident and as many comments here have suggested that most undocumented immigrants hate america blah blah. Nothing in the article suggests or even claim they were undocumented in the first place. This is like taking the actions of the militant black panthers, brown suppremacists groups or the kkk and saying thats how all african americans, latinos and whites think or behave.

Old 01-08-2008, 06:56 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
Off course not but put blame where blame is due. Don't take this incident and as many comments here have suggested that most undocumented immigrants hate america blah blah.
They do - hence why they are being detained and deported in ever increasing numbers -

Hence why the employer sanctions laws are causing many to leave -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration