U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2015, 06:15 PM
 
6,872 posts, read 7,751,328 times
Reputation: 2971

Advertisements

Wet Foot, Dry Foot has to end. People are risking their lives for a law that encourages risky voyages.


In Spanish. Use the proper browser extension for translation.

Manzanillo: 35 cubanos abandonaron el país en una embarcación rústica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2015, 06:21 PM
 
31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Wet Foot, Dry Foot has to end. People are risking their lives for a law that encourages risky voyages.


In Spanish. Use the proper browser extension for translation.

Manzanillo: 35 cubanos abandonaron el país en una embarcación rústica
We've become the flop house to the world, unfortunately and yes our government has encouraged it. I wish I had moved to Canada 10 years ago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 06:25 PM
 
3,806 posts, read 5,016,486 times
Reputation: 3284
Indeed. The Coast Guard needs to stop turning away political refugees.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 07:07 PM
 
31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
Indeed. The Coast Guard needs to stop turning away political refugees.
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that we shouldn't intervene when Cubans try to reach our shores for so-called political reasons?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:26 PM
 
3,806 posts, read 5,016,486 times
Reputation: 3284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not sure what you mean. Are you saying that we shouldn't intervene when Cubans try to reach our shores for so-called political reasons?
We shouldn't be sending them back to Cuba.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:31 PM
 
6,872 posts, read 7,751,328 times
Reputation: 2971
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
We shouldn't be sending them back to Cuba.
So you want people to continue going out into shark invested waters to die?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:43 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,644,063 times
Reputation: 2449
Default Let them drown!

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
So you want people to continue going out into shark invested waters to die?
That is the risk Illegals should think about .Its the same cross Shark infested waters or rattle Snakesin Arizona.
Return them back to Cuba. maybe they could rebel against Raul Castro? Fix their country first before adding to the burden of South Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:50 PM
 
6,872 posts, read 7,751,328 times
Reputation: 2971
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
That is the risk Illegals should think about .Its the same cross Shark infested waters or rattle Snakesin Arizona.
Return them back to Cuba. maybe they could rebel against Raul Castro? Fix their country first before adding to the burden of South Florida.


Cubans don't add a burden to South Florida. They are one of the few nationalities of immigrants that are productive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:55 PM
 
31,912 posts, read 14,699,387 times
Reputation: 8510
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Cubans don't add a burden to South Florida. They are one of the few nationalities of immigrants that are productive.
Still, it is time to end "wet foot, dry foot". It's gone on too long and our population keeps growing. Yes, the Cubans are productive but IMO they haven't assimilated all that well in other ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-22-2015, 09:56 PM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,644,063 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Cubans don't add a burden to South Florida. They are one of the few nationalities of immigrants that are productive.
Still Illegal and still a burden to South Florida. The they will be entitled to Medicare, a DL (Thanks Jeb)and free Housing.

No Visa, No Pass Port deport in 3 days and let them rot in a Cuban Jail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top