U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2015, 11:07 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,483,552 times

Advertisements

Adult conversations and the GOP base are mutually exclusive.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:56 AM

31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guamanians View Post
I'm sure that you have your reasons. But, is it amnesty? Because I don't hear any real solutions. To say that we should deport them all: it sounds good, but it is not feasible. Most Americans want to stop the flood of illegals, and secure the border. If new illegals are not allowed then things will gradually get better. If current illegals come out of hiding, or commit crimes then they will face punishment. What is your solution?
The real solution and it was mentioned in here many times and by Mitt Romney also is to remove all of the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here and to continue to come here. Surely you have heard of e-verify for example? Very few Americans are for rounding them all up and deporting them. Yet the pro-illegals keep repeating that as if that is the master plan. Well it isn't!

Currently the only illegal aliens being deported are those who have committed a "serious" crime (and they have to have been convicted of it). There is no punishment for the others under the Obama administration. Illegal aliens aren't hiding they are out in the open and demanding that they get to stay here.

Old 01-27-2015, 06:29 AM

4,597 posts, read 3,232,941 times
Romney is correct - illegals would not come here if there were no jobs. Clean up the social program fraud and put those able back to work doing what the illegals do now. You want to eat and are able to work, get to work. Penalize any employer, small or large, that uses illegals to make a profit. With no work and no government handouts, bye bye illegals.

Old 01-29-2015, 12:23 PM

18,606 posts, read 13,752,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
The real solution and it was mentioned in here many times and by Mitt Romney also is to remove all of the incentives for illegal aliens to remain here and to continue to come here. Surely you have heard of e-verify for example? Very few Americans are for rounding them all up and deporting them. Yet the pro-illegals keep repeating that as if that is the master plan. Well it isn't!

Currently the only illegal aliens being deported are those who have committed a "serious" crime (and they have to have been convicted of it). There is no punishment for the others under the Obama administration. Illegal aliens aren't hiding they are out in the open and demanding that they get to stay here.
"Currently the only illegal aliens being deported are those who have committed a "serious" crime (and they have to have been convicted of it). "

Absolutely-How many Illegal Alien Criminals do we continue to coddle. Didn't Obama just say on national TV his first objective was to keep Americans safe. I'm not even talking about the ones that don't have felonies.

Americans killed by Illegal aliens
Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

This Insane Illegal was released from Jail for Burglary before killing this poor kid a few weeks ago.
Records: Murder suspect previously barred from Mesa QuikTrip

Old 01-29-2015, 12:34 PM

31,895 posts, read 14,685,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
"Currently the only illegal aliens being deported are those who have committed a "serious" crime (and they have to have been convicted of it). "

Absolutely-How many Illegal Alien Criminals do we continue to coddle. Didn't Obama just say on national TV his first objective was to keep Americans safe. I'm not even talking about the ones that don't have felonies.

Americans killed by Illegal aliens
Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

This Insane Illegal was released from Jail for Burglary before killing this poor kid a few weeks ago.
Records: Murder suspect previously barred from Mesa QuikTrip
Well, I was referring to those who have committed the crime of felony ID theft mainly to work in this country and haven't been caught or convicted of it yet. But yes, there are even more serious crimes that they commit that they haven't been caught or convicted of yet. So they get a pass on deportation based on that.

Old 01-30-2015, 09:25 AM

18,606 posts, read 13,752,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, I was referring to those who have committed the crime of felony ID theft mainly to work in this country and haven't been caught or convicted of it yet. But yes, there are even more serious crimes that they commit that they haven't been caught or convicted of yet. So they get a pass on deportation based on that.
As far as I'm concerned every Illegal or even Resident Alien who is caught breaking a Violent Felony law in the US should be immediately deported to their country of origin after serving their sentence here. None of the 3 strikes bull.

Old 01-30-2015, 10:52 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,293,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; I doubt either Hillary or a Bush will get the nominations. IMHO the winners for 2016 be a surprise for both the Dems as well as the Repubs.
Well, everyone in the GOP leadership has already "done the math", so the voters who consider immigration as some kinda "litmus test" really don't have any choice left, but to hope that some magical "alternative" will ultimately appear who 'speaks their language' (in more ways than one).

GOP gains traction among Hispanic voters with aggressive outreach campaigns

Increasing Latino Vote Spells Trouble for Republican Candidates in 2016

Old 01-30-2015, 11:20 AM

13 posts, read 7,431 times
Quote:
I'm sure that you have your reasons. But, is it amnesty? Because I don't hear any real solutions. To say that we should deport them all: it sounds good, but it is not feasible. Most Americans want to stop the flood of illegals, and secure the border. If new illegals are not allowed then things will gradually get better. If current illegals come out of hiding, or commit crimes then they will face punishment. What is your solution?

I think it's feasible to deport every illegal alien if you have the will. To say it is not seems
rather like saying "The Japanese have attacked Pearl Harbor. It's not feasible to fight
them right now, so let's have them take over half of Hawaii as long as we get assurances
no more will come over." What you do is deputize every legal American to turn in every
illegal alien they come in contact with to work camps where they work to earn the
money for passage back to their native land.

Is it un-American to deputize people? Is it un-american to turn people in who are
breaking the law? Would it be un-American to have to prove to authorities you're
a legal alien? We all know the bleeding heart arguments against taking practical
steps against these most decidedly un-American illegals.

Old 01-30-2015, 12:24 PM

3,887 posts, read 6,009,381 times
Quote:
Its that and some other things too. I'm not into nepotism for one. As far as immigration goes I could support even a amnesty if they did two things. Secure the border, and have a moratorium on immigration for a few years.

Old 01-30-2015, 03:27 PM

3,863 posts, read 3,172,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
I am going to do everything in my power to see that Jeb Bush does NOT get the Republican nomination.
Agreed, and his bother's legacy sure won't help him either.

No more RINOS, Jeb is another sellout and will ensure a Dem victory in 2016.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration