U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 09:51 AM

9,191 posts, read 18,563,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
Like his brother, Jeb Bush is all about saying one thing to get elected, while doing something entirely different once in office. He may SAY that he's for legalizing illegal aliens to sucker in support, give the impression he's for the little guy, when in actuality, he's no better than Dubya. You Republicans should already know this, and it's not surprising that you don't.

Jeb is just Dubya II. Dubya II means: pretend to be moderate, while really being far right. It's the new strategy by the GOP to counter shrinking support for the Conservative ideology.
Are you kidding? NEITHER GWB nor Jeb is anything close to "far right."

In fact, both are just barely to the center of right.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 11:18 AM

18,677 posts, read 16,479,951 times
No, OldGlory, lack of education has harmed millions of Americans, rightfully, from getting 21st century jobs. This is the first gen EVER where dads have more education than junior at 25, than vice versa. It is not as prevalent in populated regions to be less educated as it is, to use Huckabee's term, in Bubbaville.

Old 02-01-2015, 11:24 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,640,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
Are you kidding? NEITHER GWB nor Jeb is anything close to "far right."

In fact, both are just barely to the center of right.
I agree with you assessment. What we really need is a up dated immigration Policy that works and enforce our current laws. Jeb Bush, Frankly I have not heard of his proposed policies precisely. Just a lot of her say from posters on this thread.

Watch Santorum he is the GOP Dark House!

Old 02-01-2015, 02:33 PM

31,886 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
I agree with you assessment. What we really need is a up dated immigration Policy that works and enforce our current laws. Jeb Bush, Frankly I have not heard of his proposed policies precisely. Just a lot of her say from posters on this thread.

Watch Santorum he is the GOP Dark House!
Jeb Bush said that illegal aliens coming here is an "act of love" and that is no hearsay. That tells me all I want to know about his stance on illegal immigration. He'd never get my vote.

Updated immigration policy? What would that consist of?

Old 02-01-2015, 03:09 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,291,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Interesting, that you would go out of your way to learn of my background

Politicians lump all of Hispanic descent into one group and treats us all as a monolith that thinks alike. In other words, they think that all Hispanics want amnesty and march in lockstep with La Raza. I find that insulting to be stereotyped in such a way.

If anything, I will vote for a candidate who takes a hard line against illegal immigration.
I'm always kinda curious whenever I hear some obvious 'winger ranting the same-old, same-old, but who also claims to be a member of one of those very same groups that the GOP "base" so loves to demonize. And if folks aren't willing to even stand by their own words, then what are they doing here?

As far as 'generalizing', ironically it's the Republicans (aka, "the Official Party of White Folks"), who seem to do that the most. Heck, just look at all their transparently patronizing promotions of "Great Hispanic Hopes", like for example Cruz and Rubio, who in reality have about as much in common with the majority of 'latino' voters as Donald Trump!

Although I suppose if most of your constituency these days is made up of southern-style "real 'Murikins", then just having a couple candidates with 'funny-sounding' names, is probably a "Big Deal"!

Old 02-01-2015, 04:23 PM

31,886 posts, read 14,678,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
I'm always kinda curious whenever I hear some obvious 'winger ranting the same-old, same-old, but who also claims to be a member of one of those very same groups that the GOP "base" so loves to demonize. And if folks aren't willing to even stand by their own words, then what are they doing here?

As far as 'generalizing', ironically it's the Republicans (aka, "the Official Party of White Folks"), who seem to do that the most. Heck, just look at all their transparently patronizing promotions of "Great Hispanic Hopes", like for example Cruz and Rubio, who in reality have about as much in common with the majority of 'latino' voters as Donald Trump!

Although I suppose if most of your constituency these days is made up of southern-style "real 'Murikins", then just having a couple candidates with 'funny-sounding' names, is probably a "Big Deal"!
Do you think you could refrain from calling conservatives "wingers" and stop demonizing them all the time in the name of civility? Just what groups is the GOP demonizing? Please stop with the racial references also. The GOP is not the party of white folks either. It is merely your opinion that the GOP might consider Cruz or Rubio for the presidency based on ethnicity. It's Americans not "Murikins" also. You just can't seem to stop being sarcastic and mocking all the time, can you? Your opinion would hold a lot more weight if your were to stop that. Just what funny sounding names are you speaking of?

This topic is about Jeb Bush (is that a funny sounding name to you?) wanting to legalize illegal aliens. Could we get back to discussing that?

Old 02-01-2015, 04:55 PM

1,013 posts, read 741,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Well, here we go another GOP sell out on this issue. Not too surprising though since he called illegal aliens coming here "an act of love" awhile back. We need a presidential candidate that will uphold the rule of law not one that has no respect for our immigration laws and is just pandering for votes from a special interest group.

Jeb Bush previews 2016 run, promising
well guys lets here it for traitors of America.

LOOK both parties are traitors instead of voting for either of them can we all agree to vote 3rd party this time.

DON'T stop voting JUST VOTE for someone else.

It's not just the DEM/REP you know.

find another candidate and vote for them.
tell everyone to vote for anyone BUT DEM/REP PARTIES if the candidates ALL SUCK.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,291,678 times
^ Remember all the other "conscience voters", who went for Ross Perot, Ralph Nader, Ron Paul, et al… and how well did that work out?

Old 02-01-2015, 05:20 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,479,951 times
OldGlory"The GOP is not the party of white folks either. "

Its voters are overwhelmingly white, and male. The dropout in support amongst all other demographics is startling.

Old 02-01-2015, 05:29 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,640,070 times
Exclamation A Idea?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Jeb Bush said that illegal aliens coming here is an "act of love" and that is no hearsay. That tells me all I want to know about his stance on illegal immigration. He'd never get my vote.

Updated immigration policy? What would that consist of?
Well to encourage legal immigration the whole process of Naturalization to raising your hand should be revised to be more efficient. In the age of High tech it should be more efficient. Plus those who bring value should be looked at more closely.

I do understand however there is quotas in place on how many can actually start the process. If our quota is meet those same people just have to wait their turn. If they go around they will be Black list for 5 years, behind every one else.

Then we can deport in 3 days at the expense of the country of origin.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration