U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2015, 08:53 PM

31,654 posts, read 14,614,583 times

Advertisements

Millions and millions of Illegal aliens and their anchor babies over several decades has not been natural growth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2015, 08:57 PM

18,677 posts, read 16,455,130 times
Illegals do NOT vote, though, OldGlory, the 73-27% thrashing was done by previous immigrants who have become citizens.

The 10% of all POTUS votes they now compose will rise, in percentage, due to the decade gap in Medan age vs the nation at large. It is increased in importance due to reduced birthrates in much of the rest of the nation.

Do you want to mandate your white neighbors have more kids?

Old 02-01-2015, 09:22 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
OldGlory"The GOP is not the party of white folks either. "

Its voters are overwhelmingly white, and male. The dropout in support amongst all other demographics is startling.
It seems the "minorities" ain't voting Dem either. Look at the midterms in 2014.

Too; Ted Cruz IMHO ain't Hispanic, he's a Canadian with an anglo white US mother. He's just as "Hispanic" as Mitt Romney. Mitt's dad; George, was born IN Mexico and ran into prejudice from anglo whites even tho he was "anglo" on paper, when going to school in LA about 90 years ago.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:24 PM

For POTUS (not off year), we know how Latinos voted, and 73-27% is more overwhelming than anything we have seen in off year elections by any individual demographic group.

Off year elections should only be compared to other off year elections, as they feature a less diverse electorate.

Old 02-01-2015, 09:27 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,301,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Millions and millions of Illegal aliens and their anchor babies over several decades has not been natural growth.
Agreed. Tho many people like to insult Americans who either started out as legal aliens and got their US citizenship or, were born to legal aliens by throwing them in with ILLEGAL aliens.

Old 02-02-2015, 02:24 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,277,510 times
Quote:
BOS2IAD"2. How, exactly, do republicans "demonize" Hispanics? Being an independent, I've supported candidates on both sides of the aisle. Thus, I have been to fundraisers for republican candidates. Never once did I see or sense anyone "demonizing" Hispanics. In fact, I've met some interesting people at these fundraisers. Once, for example, we sat with a young woman from El Salvador, who was a naturalized US citizen. If she felt she was being "demonized", do you seriously think she would support a republican? What about the Hispanic republicans out there? Would they join a party that "demonizes" them? Would the RNC even offer help and support if they "demonized" Hispanics?"

Latinos went 73-27% for the Dems in 2012, so for every one of those women from El Salvador, there are almost 3 others offsetting her vote..in triplicate.

I guess those 3 felt differently about Mittens self-deportation rhetoric.

The reality is we're not going to see 11 million leave, or force them to leave, so all the base-pandering rhetoric does is it costs massive amounts of votes, and ushers Hillary Rodham Clinton in as the next POTUS. Is that the goal of the base?

That's like asking a 5 year old what would happen if they forget their 'mittens' (pun intended)! Because they really don't have any larger "goal" beyond 'getting their way', which in this case means somehow magically "removing every single illegal alien". Which ain't gonna happen anymore than we're ever gonna totally fix "taxes", "income inequality", or the common cold. So like all zealots and 'reactionary' movements (and angry children), it doesn't matter because they really only care about their 'problem'!

It's also why politics is so dysfunctional right now, because so much of the current GOP side has been co-opted by RW media-riven reactionaries like these, who now see themselves as part of some self-styled 'revolution', 'secession', 'outrage', whatever… so to hell with such quaint notions as 'problem-solving', 'progress', or 'compromise'.

"Consequences? We don't need no stinkin' consequences!"

Old 02-02-2015, 02:33 AM

11,538 posts, read 5,527,796 times
So, I guess when it comes to illegal aliens we should roll over, play dead and wave the white flag of surrender?

BTW, not everybody who is against illegal immigration is a republican, despite what you would like to think.

I have to wonder about those who believe that there is no way to get illegals to leave, when in fact, there are ways to make life so difficult for them that they will leave on their own accord. If they can't work or collect welfare through their anchor babies, there will be no incentive to stay. Would you stay someplace if you can't find work or collect unemployment?

I know that some people think that we should have open borders and unlimited legal and illegal immigration. Those who feel that way need to think of the consequences should this happen.

I know that we can't take in the entire third world without descending into third world status ourselves. I know that I want better than that for my descendants. The question is---why would anyone not want that?

Last edited by BOS2IAD; 02-02-2015 at 02:41 AM..

Old 02-02-2015, 04:13 AM

BOS2IAD"So, I guess when it comes to illegal aliens we should "

stay away from unrealistic options, such as mass deportation.

The 11 million aren't going away, and realistically, it is a matter of when, not if, some form of amnesty is offered, just as in the mid 80s, Reagan's illegals were not going away, either, so he signed his infamous plan.

Now I know of no one who wants a wide open border and we do not have one, nor should we, but that doesn't affect the 11 mill already here..most of whom have been here for a long, long time..many long before this admin took over.

Old 02-02-2015, 04:54 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,628,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Then I guess the Democrats are the party of blacks? Could we get back on topic now? You know, illegal immigration.
Look what has their Democratic Leadership done for them Lately?

Old 02-02-2015, 05:03 AM

8,063 posts, read 3,628,893 times
Thumbs up Ilegles most at all Cost!

Quote:
BOS2IAD"So, I guess when it comes to illegal aliens we should "

stay away from unrealistic options, such as mass deportation.

The 11 million aren't going away, and realistically, it is a matter of when, not if, some form of amnesty is offered, just as in the mid 80s, Reagan's illegals were not going away, either, so he signed his infamous plan.

Now I know of no one who wants a wide open border and we do not have one, nor should we, but that doesn't affect the 11 mill already here..most of whom have been here for a long, long time..many long before this admin took over.
11 million have forced their way in this county Illegally. Mass deportation is needed to send a message to the world , American is the land of Laws and we fought Dearly for our Freedoms"

Americans have shed blood for the Unites States of America. Illegals just sign up for Welfare.

If they do not have a legal Visa, Pass Port, or work permit they should be deported in 3 days. Period.

Who's going to pay for it?
Take their Bank accounts, Homes and cars and bill the country of Origin. I can see the Mexican President having a fit now because American Dollars are not flowing to Mexico.:ee k:

Cut American Aid to those country's to pay for service render! That should get their attention.

So Sad, Not:rolley es:

We would not over crowed Schools and congested Highways. The Money spend on Illegal Immigrants could go back to our Treasury. May be help a Middle Class Family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration