U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 05:56 PM

31,863 posts, read 14,670,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Yep plus cut benefits to them. I guarantee if they know they won't get welfare most of these moochers (talking those who pop out anchor babies)won't come.
IMO, if birthright citizenship won't be changed/re-interpreted then it should be the parents that have to qualify for welfare not thru their kids citizen or not. If the parents are here illegally then no welfare for them or their kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 06:01 PM

10,026 posts, read 8,879,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
IMO, if birthright citizenship won't be changed/re-interpreted then it should be the parents that have to qualify for welfare not thru their kids citizen or not. If the parents are here illegally then no welfare for them or their kids.
I agree with that. Most many people miss about this issue is even though the kids may qualify, the whole family gets the benefits. Food stamps will be used for the entire family for example and in many states (my lovely state is one)the parents of low income kids qualify for medical. Not to mention the kid probably qualifies for things like housing. So yep the parent gets it all too.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I agree with that. Most many people miss about this issue is even though the kids may qualify, the whole family gets the benefits. Food stamps will be used for the entire family for example and in many states (my lovely state is one)the parents of low income kids qualify for medical. Not to mention the kid probably qualifies for things like housing. So yep the parent gets it all too.
It is costing us billions in tax dollars supporting illegal aliens thru their U.S. born kids. If they hadn't come here illegally in the first place we wouldn't be in this fiscal predicament. We need those tax dollars for our own American families, our elderly and our vets.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:13 PM

Quote:
It is costing us billions in tax dollars supporting illegal aliens thru their U.S. born kids. If they hadn't come here illegally in the first place we wouldn't be in this fiscal predicament. We need those tax dollars for our own American families, our elderly and our vets.
Yep but those are the first cut. If we cut benefits to illegals we wouldn't get as many because they would see they would suffer without welfare. I'm tired of paying for them.

Old 01-26-2015, 08:05 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,326,175 times
Quote:
Yep but those are the first cut. If we cut benefits to illegals we wouldn't get as many because they would see they would suffer without welfare. I'm tired of paying for them.
Let illegal aliens suffer: maybe they'll take the hint and leave the US.

Old 01-26-2015, 10:09 PM

I wish so too because then they would leave. But the illegal lovers would say it was cruel.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:42 AM

Quote:
I wish so too because then they would leave. But the illegal lovers would say it was cruel.
But it is cruel to the American people to allow them to stay. I don't understand why the defenders of illegal aliens would not take that into account especially if they themselves are citizens of this country. Why would they put foreigners above our own citizens?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:11 AM

Quote:
But it is cruel to the American people to allow them to stay. I don't understand why the defenders of illegal aliens would not take that into account especially if they themselves are citizens of this country. Why would they put foreigners above our own citizens?
Because they are either bleeding hearts who believe we have to help the world, are Hispanic themselves, or something like those. Otherwise, no idea why they defend them because illegals hurt all of us.

Old 01-27-2015, 11:15 AM

8,386 posts, read 9,981,089 times
Quote:
Because they are either bleeding hearts who believe we have to help the world, are Hispanic themselves, or something like those. Otherwise, no idea why they defend them because illegals hurt all of us.
Even from a feminist's viewpoint, shouldn't they be more concerned about helping American women first before helping foreign women?

Old 01-27-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Even from a feminist's viewpoint, shouldn't they be more concerned about helping American women first before helping foreign women?
That's how it's supposed to be but NOW doesn't feel that way. That's what bothers me, they are supposed to be about helping women achieve equality but now it seems to help everyone but American women. You'd think they would be more understanding about minority women and how this will hurt them but they don't care. Then again NOW has many people in power who are immigrants. I get this email all the time from their VP and turns out this VP only immigrated here in 2008!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration