Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 05:59 PM

3,702 posts, read 4,848,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobtn View Post
It's no myth. Every non-essential job has a critical price point, at which time the buyer walks away. He can do it himself, after all.
Then let him. No need to pay some illegal POS to import his family here as well. That's where all his extra money is going. His lunch/dinner will be bought at an illegal owned mexican store/restaurant selling products imported from Mexico. That money won't be helping our US economy in any way.

Besides it is more of a perception that these POS's will work for super cheap. Let's say American company "A" charges $100 for a service, you can guarantee Jose will want that same $100 dollars. So Joe homeowner calls up Jose because he automatically thinks Jose will be cheaper. Jose says $100 dollars and Joe homeowner thinks, "dang, that American company will probably want $200 for that same service" so he hires Jose without even giving the American a call. If Jose undercuts it will only be by a small amount in which the American company needs to charge in his prices due to required permits and liability insurance which, of course, Jose does not have.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:04 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
It isnt a big deal to me as long as they dont plan to bomb us but i know other people get offended by immagrants even if they mean no harm
I don't think it makes the Top-5 of my concerns.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:16 PM

35,691 posts, read 21,045,148 times
need to FIX the system and make what needs to be lawful lawful- it is antiquated- just like the poor vets- min wage increase, equal pay- COMEON PEOPLE get with the program and live in 2015 old buzzards on the hill!

Old 01-24-2015, 06:29 PM

157 posts, read 192,245 times
I have no problem with Mexicans coming over here whether it's illegally or legally. "America" never rightfully belonged to people of West European descent to begin with, and seeing how most Mexicans are damn near half Native America, it's more of their country, technically speaking, anyways.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:32 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I'm against it and against blanket amnesty too. We need to deal with this, we don't and can't support everyone who wants to come here nor is it GOOD for our country to allow it.

I am not against immigration but would like to see it reformed, just not in the way we usually mean that.

Also, we aren't going to be "united" if we aren't on the same page about the big things.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:48 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LookingForAChange View Post
I have no problem with Mexicans coming over here whether it's illegally or legally. "America" never rightfully belonged to people of West European descent to begin with, and seeing how most Mexicans are damn near half Native America, it's more of their country, technically speaking, anyways.
Oh my God!

Old 01-24-2015, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Those 11 million came here because of our lack of immigration enforcement, they will mostly leave by that same route if we start to enforce them.

We need to start somewhere, we need to start taking our nation's borders, it's security, it's culture and it's laws seriously or we won't have much of a country for much longer.
Exactly, all we have to do is remove the incentives for them to remain here. No one has suggested we mass deport them in spite of the constant lies repeated in here by you know who.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:52 PM

3,197 posts, read 2,852,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
It isnt a big deal to me as long as they dont plan to bomb us but i know other people get offended by immagrants even if they mean no harm
I'm all for legal immigration. Illegal "immigration" isn't legal though so I do not support it. I don't even consider it immigration. I consider it invasion. I don't like seeing the USA invaded by anyone Mexican or otherwise.

Old 01-24-2015, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Illegal immigrants are a harm. They don't have to commit any crimes to do harm. Their existence does harm. Many of them drain money out of our economy by sending it home so that it gets spent in another nation instead of here. Many of them send their kids to our public schools funded by our taxes. If they get sick or hurt they go to our hospitals. They drive cars, contributing to traffic, pollution, and accidents. And there's an American citizen sitting on unemployment while the illegal alien works a job.

Now I personally don't fault the illegal aliens from coming across the border. They're just trying to feed their families and survive. I would absolutely do the same if I was in their situation. But to say they do no harm is not correct. In a world of limited resources, they are foreign citizens surviving on American resources while America itself runs massive deficits in social spending to keep its own citizens going.
I agree with your fist paragraph but vehemently disagree with some your last paragraph. Most of these illegal aren't starving and not able feed their families in their own homeland. They can just make more money here. I would never jump another country's borders illegally and take from the rightful citizens of that country. That is selfish. Americans have a right to feed their own families first and foremost. I do personally fault these illegal aliens because they are breaking the law and taking from Americans.

Old 01-24-2015, 07:46 PM

186 posts, read 239,969 times
I want them OUT!

Illegal aliens have killed more Americans than we've lost in the 9/11 Attacks and subsequent ground wars, combined - and, all within the same timeframe!

In addition to all of their drunk driving, drug dealing, gang banging violence and other crimes, they're notorious for the wide array of sex crimes they commit against our women, children and even livestock (when our kids outrun them)!

We've had people come here from all over the world, wanting to assimilate into the established culture and speak the established language (thus, making it possible for legal immigrants from China to converse with legal immigrants from Germany). Even illegal aliens from Asia and Europe have made great efforts to assimilate and contribute. But, not the illegals pouring over our border from Mexico and points south! Instead, they defiantly throw their culture in our faces and laugh at the spineless U.S. Government that actually rewards their presence in many ways.

They need to go back where they came from and take our gutless, worthless politicians and federal judges with them...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration