U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 07:54 PM

6,306 posts, read 4,176,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
It isnt a big deal to me as long as they dont plan to bomb us but i know other people get offended by immagrants even if they mean no harm
We have been the place were immigrants come to fulfill dreams. Hell, we are a majority of immigrants. However sneaking across the boarder and stealing benefits, running drugs etc is absolutely no appropriate. My grand parents came here through the system, worked hard, paid taxes and became citizens. Allowing criminals yo suck the teet of entitlements is flat out wrong and everyone should be sent back. They can follow the process like the people that created this country.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:02 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,286,582 times
I'm def Ok with legal aliens, ILLEGAL aliens all need to be deported, by force if needed.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:07 PM

4,909 posts, read 3,487,547 times
I am an American citizen. Before that I was a legal immigrant to the United States. I filled out endless amounts of paperwork, was fingerprinted, had an FBI background check, visited an INS approved doctor for a physical, sent in the money and then waited for years.

By the time it was done I had been fingerprinted twice, interviewed a number of times, filled out untold numbers of forms that recorded my education level / residential history / work history / family history, and I had to swear that I had never been a prostitute, had never engaged in genocide, had never been a nazi or a communist - all so this government could ensure that I was a reputable person, did not have a criminal record, would not bring nasty little diseases into the country, and that I had enough skills and education so as to not become a financial burden to my new country.

The entire process lasted for years and included forms that had to continually be resent because INS had a habit of losing them, fingerprints that had to be taken twice because INS lost the first set, travel across the state three times for interviews and long waits for interviews (they would not schedule them so it was first come first served, and even before the building had opened in the morning the line stretched around the front and side of the building).

As an American, how do I feel about illegal immigration? How the hell do you THINK I feel about illegals?

Old 01-24-2015, 08:18 PM

7,372 posts, read 4,436,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think it makes the Top-5 of my concerns.
Typical.

A leftist is so concerned about the plight of poor blacks. That is, when the plight is compared to wealthier white conservatives.

Now, illegal immigration is a direct cause of increased unemployment amongst lower class blacks according to the CBO. But being soft on immigration is a source of votes for the Democrat Party with hispanics. whose support for the Democrats is more in contention than that of the black community, so magically the harm done by illegal immigration ceases to be a top concern.

Just like the concern over the war crime of using drones disappeared once Obama was elected, just like the concern over women's rights disappears when it comes to Muslims doing the persecuting, just like concern over the budget when it comes to military spending disappears when it comes to social spending.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:34 PM

8,990 posts, read 7,083,311 times
I am in favor of "mirror laws".
Remember, the key word here is "ILLEGAL", as in they broke the law, and they are CRIMINALS!
So, we should find out what their home country would do to one of our citizens who entered illegally, and that is what we should do to them, but it should never be less than deportation.
IMMEDIATE deportation!

Old 01-24-2015, 08:39 PM

14,212 posts, read 9,616,814 times
I don't care one way or another.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:41 PM

20,979 posts, read 15,617,869 times
On the side of American law.

Old 01-24-2015, 08:43 PM

30 posts, read 22,709 times
Having always lived in a border state, I think that immigrants (legal or illegal) are a vital part of our economy. They do a lot of work that U.S. citizens won't do. The illegal aliens are also much more law abiding because they don't want to be deported ( I am not making this up, you can look up the statistics).

Old 01-25-2015, 01:36 AM

3,800 posts, read 3,429,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucidkitty View Post
I don't care one way or another.
You should never complain about anything else then.

Old 01-25-2015, 06:18 AM

16,886 posts, read 12,541,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tht1guy View Post
It isnt a big deal to me as long as they dont plan to bomb us but i know other people get offended by immagrants even if they mean no harm

as soon as any person crosses the border illegally. they are now a criminal and should be prosecuted as such. either come into the country legally or not at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or