Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 09:02 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times

Advertisements

* Dramatic surge in illegal migration from Kosovo

* One town loses 7 percent of population

* Over 30,000 Kosovars seek asylum in Hungary since Sept

By Fatos Bytyci and Marton Dunai

VUSHTRRI, Kosovo/ASOTTHALOM, Hungary, Feb 6 (Reuters) - B ajram Abazi has lost half his workforce in little over a month, claimed by a sudden surge in emigration from Kosovo.

Kosovo helpless to stem exodus of illegal migrants

This is def different: Kosovo's actually upset over its citizens LEAVING and going into another country illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 09:08 AM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
* Dramatic surge in illegal migration from Kosovo

* One town loses 7 percent of population

* Over 30,000 Kosovars seek asylum in Hungary since Sept

By Fatos Bytyci and Marton Dunai

VUSHTRRI, Kosovo/ASOTTHALOM, Hungary, Feb 6 (Reuters) - B ajram Abazi has lost half his workforce in little over a month, claimed by a sudden surge in emigration from Kosovo.

Kosovo helpless to stem exodus of illegal migrants

This is def different: Kosovo's actually upset over its citizens LEAVING and going into another country illegally.
Yet these people obviously held jobs in their own country. I see they left because Hungary's wages are better? One cannot flee their own country and migrated to another illegally just for better wages. I don't know of any immigration policies that includes that in any asylum/refugee criteria. Fight for better wages in your own country then. Why don't these illegal aliens all over the world care that they are taking jobs from the citizens of the country they are migrating to?

Old 02-08-2015, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Yet these people obviously held jobs in their own country. So just what is the reason that they left?
Probably for the same reasons the US had so many Mexican illegal aliens trying to come here: more money, NOT because those people had no jobs at all at home.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:17 AM

62,501 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Probably for the same reasons the US had so many Mexican illegal aliens trying to come here: more money, NOT because those people had no jobs at all at home.
You're correct and I edited my remarks in my post to include their reasons for migrating to Hungary illegally.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:09 PM

22,301 posts, read 11,807,629 times
Quote:
Yes, despite what invasion cheerleaders think, most illegals did have jobs in their own countries and weren't starving. However, they aren't smart enough to realize that while jobs may pay better in another country, it won't make them rich as the cost of living is higher. They still will be poor.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:16 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,413,162 times
Looks like Jobbik has a new scapegoat for the next round of elections.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
Looks like Jobbik has a new scapegoat for the next round of elections.
Uh; what's that supposed to mean? If talking about a Hungarian, French or German political party; maybe it's because they care about their own people including their Schengen brothers and sisters, NOT a bunch of outsider illegal aliens.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM

1,825 posts, read 1,413,162 times
Quote:
Uh; what's that supposed to mean? If talking about a Hungarian, French or German political party; maybe it's because they care about their own people including their Schengen brothers and sisters, NOT a bunch of outsider illegal aliens.
I actually am talking about a Hungarian party, Jobbik. I would also suggest googling them before saying something like the bolded part, since while they would almost certainly agree with you, you might not agree with them. Just a fair warning.

Old 02-08-2015, 02:31 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,862,137 times
We are getting a lot of immigrants from this area. In fact a few immigrants from this area have been accused of funneling to ISIS. Doesn't it make you warm and fuzzy that not only are we getting from Mexico, now terrorists who don't care they disobey our rules?

Old 02-08-2015, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egbert View Post
I actually am talking about a Hungarian party, Jobbik. I would also suggest googling them before saying something like the bolded part, since while they would almost certainly agree with you, you might not agree with them. Just a fair warning.
It's on you to prove what Jobbik's about since you brought up the name of that party, not me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration